Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Dinkleberg's TTT Drama Tier List 2022
You're definitely not someone that should be given staff. I didn't even know about your past history and was going to -1 based on the interactions I've had with you. Now it's for sure a -1. You enjoy egging on drama and definitely seem like the type to play favorites and bend rules.
Hi Rand, 

Same thing of what Gabe said. Not gonna reiterate much just to keep it short, but I think allowing you a community event organizer role would be a way to redeem yourself to gain the trust back for you to apply for staff once again. I don’t know much about your history, but I feel that it would be beneficial for you and allow you to stay busy and grow in the discord since you have been on good behavior! 

-1, I’ll focus on giving +1’s and -1’s as better answers. I agree that you wouldn’t be ready, but an event organizer role would be a way to gain trust back for another staff application! :)

-slater
+1 I'm all for a reformed person who wants to do stuff
Uhhh -1 for both discord staff and the event role or whatever??

I think we both know that drama is too entertaining and you are normally the first one to get involved in that stuff. Also you don't need a role to organize events.
(12-10-2022, 03:40 AM)Icey Wrote: Uhhh -1 for both discord staff and the event role or whatever??

I think we both know that drama is too entertaining and you are normally the first one to get involved in that stuff. Also you don't need a role to organize events.
An event organizer role would be useful for being able to create temporary event channels and move people between channels more easily
[Image: p2tO5Im.png]
(12-10-2022, 05:14 AM)tiefling lesbian Wrote:
(12-10-2022, 03:40 AM)Icey Wrote: Uhhh -1 for both discord staff and the event role or whatever??

An event organizer role would be useful for being able to create temporary event channels and move people between channels more easily
pretty unnecessary stuff. a big tournament normally has the help of discord staff and they have access to those perms.
(12-10-2022, 05:22 AM)Icey Wrote: pretty unnecessary stuff. a big tournament normally has the help of discord staff and they have access to those perms.
Discord staff aren't always going to be available for the entire tournament and won't have all of the relevant information on hand, and working through a middleman just makes everything slower and harder. The Overwatch tournament had issues of channels not being made properly and people not knowing where to go because the organizers had to try to get a hold of staff and quickly explain what was needed. Giving event organizers limited permissions to make temporary channels and move people around would objectively make things smoother with no real downsides. It wouldn't even need to be a permanent role, staff could just give it to organizers before an event and remove it after it's over. I really don't see why you would be actively opposed to this beyond simply personally disliking Rand, and this would be helpful to more than just him.
(12-10-2022, 06:00 AM)tiefling lesbian Wrote:
(12-10-2022, 05:22 AM)Icey Wrote: pretty unnecessary stuff. a big tournament normally has the help of discord staff and they have access to those perms.
Discord staff aren't always going to be available for the entire tournament and won't have all of the relevant information on hand, and working through a middleman just makes everything slower and harder. The Overwatch tournament had issues of channels not being made properly and people not knowing where to go because the organizers had to try to get a hold of staff and quickly explain what was needed. Giving event organizers limited permissions to make temporary channels and move people around would objectively make things smoother with no real downsides. It wouldn't even need to be a permanent role, staff could just give it to organizers before an event and remove it after it's over. I really don't see why you would be actively opposed to this beyond simply personally disliking Rand, and this would be helpful to more than just him.

To quote a current discord staff member:

not everything needs to devolve into an argument. please just pick your battles and move on so the app can continue getting feedback.
(12-10-2022, 06:53 AM)Frozen Anger Wrote: To quote a current discord staff member:

not everything needs to devolve into an argument. please just pick your battles and move on so the app can continue getting feedback.
This is feedback, I don't support rand being discord staff currently but I do support him being included in the addition of an event organizer role for the listed reasons
As I'm back home and of a sober state, and on my computer, I'll share a few of my thoughts on things said here.

I'd be more than happy to be in an event organizer roles, and various ideas I have in that regard (which of course would be worked out with Jammin and whoever) would immensely benefit from a role, instead of communicating to staff what exactly needs done and hoping someone has the time to do it. There are a few bigger ideas in that vein that would just be helpful.

I also believe people discussing the necessity of that prospect here in just a few short messages isn't really all that terrible, and wouldn't really be classified as an argument argument, just a conversation. But thank you for that, David. Sorry for the hot dog water. While we're here, I'd just like to quash the notion that I'm waiting for anyone to leave. I've been pretty consistent with my attempts at retribution for the image I've gotten for awhile now, regardless of who is here, and it has always been more about making who is here, whether they're oldheads or new people, comfortable with my being in a space/with a particular role. If it's something that will legitimately bother more than a few people, I don't particularly want it. I just know what I as a person can offer, and how to achieve some things.

I would like to point out that the whole Rand being a center for drama thing is kind of a meme rooted in truth, but not as widespread as people actually think it is. Which is my fault, I play it up a lot for the memes. Of any notable incidences, it was pretty much the staff leaking thing and the ThePhoenix thing. There may have been an off-post here and there outside of those, but nothing overly dramatic, just some fire takes usually. And that's over the span of 3 years. ThePhoenix thing was a year ago, and the staff leaking thing was two years ago. Not saying time can magically mend anything, but I do just want it recognized that there haven't been many instances, definitely nothing else that can be constituted as 'inciting' drama, and I've been putting a pretty good bit of effort in changing how I approach things, and like to think I've done a rather solid job on it so far, in large part thanks to chellman's responses on my various posts, shoutouts. (that last sentence as me asking for validation someone who is against me getting anything pls tell me im doing a good job ty)
[Image: TWQlDjL.png] 
-courtesy of a sarcastic fish

[Image: t2X0SiD.png]
-courtesy of milk(2)