Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Unban Request - Ryanlupe
Ingame Name: Ryanlupe

SteamID: STEAM_0:1:43123837

Who Banned You: Either Dong or Hong (I forget)

Reason For Ban: Posting questionable media on the Discord involving children.

Length of Ban: Perm (Global)

Reason for Admins to Unban: Firstly I would like to say sorry to all parties involved that saw the media in question. I'm not sure if I'm allowed to describe it in detail (if i am then just let me know, its not graphic in nature but involves what can be interpreted as having sexual undertones). Basically it would be something that would stay up on Facebook, Instagram, or Giphy(where I first found it I believe) for a couple of days before being removed with a community warning or similar punishment. I'm not trying to downplay the nature of the media, rather just trying help people understand the situation as best as I can.

When I first posted the gif I was on a discord call with a few of the community members on a different discord server. I believe Zekken, Kessler, Gcubed and a few others were there. We we're shitposting a bit on Dink's discord for giggles, but then I took it a bit to far with what I posted. The ban came without warning the next day(ish) as a community ban. At first I thought it was a mistake, since I didn't get any word from staff about the ban. After digging a little deeper it was the same people from that discord call that let me know it was that piece of media that got me banned. The ban seems to include a multitude of servers, not just Dinklebergs.

Those who know me know that I don't mess around with that this sort of stuff; rather they probably see me as a funny, dorky, and somewhat edgy character that can say out of pocket stuff to get a laugh out of everybody. This was a time I took it too far, however, with an open audience on top of that. I understand know that I should tone down my humor a couple of notches to avoid making other feels uncomfortable like I did a year ago. Ever since then I've been more wary about those I hang around with, making sure they are over the age of 18 to join my own discord and other similar online group settings.

I really do miss the community, from the mic-spammers to the regulars, and even the ghosting randoms that come on to cause chaos a few rounds before being banned. There's this sort of energy you get from GMod that you don't get from anywhere else, especially TTT. The ~2300+ hours I have from GMod are mostly TTT, in fact. It was a very long time until I was comfortable speaking with my mic on the server, partially due to the fact I was embarrassed by my own voice, but I gotten so comfortable with the community that I grew out of my shell. I know I haven't made quite as much of an impact on the Dinklebergs community as others, but I do hope that those who knew me can speak for the lightheartedness of my character and that the actions that got me banned was only a one time thing. 

Have I changed ever since the ban? Quite a bit, I would say. I've become more aware of my audience when telling jokes. I also stay away from memes or gifs involving kids to avoid situations like this from occurring again. My personal life hasn't changed much, since I had alot going for me already. Lots of friends, an awesome girlfriend, and the completion of my undergrad career.

So what am I asking for exactly? The situation that got me banned was drastic enough to warrant a community ban, so I understand if there are those out there who want to keep a 'no-exception' policy to overturning these sorts of bans. Therefore, i'm simply asking for an unban for only the TTT server, since that's where I made nearly all my friends and memories. I also wouldn't mind adding another couple of months to my ban from this point forward as a sort of additional repentance. It's been about a year since the ban, to put things into perspective. Feel free to let me know if you have any comments or questions. I might be a bit slow in getting to them, apologize in advance for that.

Have you been banned before (Link relevant threads): Technically yes, but it was overturned without an appeal since it wasn't technically mass RDM as first thought: https://www.dinklebergsgmod.com/site/sho...t=ryanlupe

Other: I request that if my appeal gets approved/denied that this entire thread be deleted for the sake of privacy.
Disgusting.

[Image: IBmuAn7.jpeg]
Fortunately, community bans are non-appealable. So this appeal will not be entertained.