Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
CS:GO League
So, before Salty's/my tournament had even happened, I was wondering about the possibility of a wingman tournament, but thought it would just take too incredibly long. But I just had an idea both for it and for a regular CS:GO tournament, like we'd already had.

A league. No set day, just scheduled events over a longer period of time, scheduled out far in advance. This would give us the ability to do what I really want with any tournament, including this last one, being a round robin style one. I honestly don't really believe in results in tournaments if people haven't went up against everyone, and a league would fix that. So I'm thinking the following style.

Every team gets matched up with every other team twice, for one long game. The first one, map is decided by one side, while starting side is decided by the other. Then that reverses. Open map pool for classic maps, no hostage maps. (Inferno, Cache, Vertigo, Dust, Nuke, Mirage, Train, Overpass)

Since it would be over a wider period, I think this particular event should also have prepicked teams, and have a longer amount of time to pick them and practice with them. I know just in the short amount of time for practicing in the last tournament, some teams got pretty good pretty quickly. Although I would also like some other events interlaced in here with fully random teams, and captain style teams.

For the full team one, the 2-4 winners of the round robin tournament would go bracket style, depending on how many actually participate. It might just end up having a championship style.

For the wingman one, if enough people participate, we can probably have it empty out into an 8 man bracket, since I imagine we can get a good 16 teams to participate.
[Image: TWQlDjL.png] 
-courtesy of a sarcastic fish

[Image: t2X0SiD.png]
-courtesy of milk(2)
thief. stole my idea.

Joking aside, I'm sure there'd be enough interest for this to occur in Dink's. If you want any assistance with setting it up schedule wise or whatnot, I'd be willing to help out with that!

Also, do people in the league need to be in the dink's discord to participate, or is this a "if you're a member of the community, you're good" type of scenario?
real
down
[Image: Swifts_Banner.png]

Maddox is my child

Retired Trusted Staff Only lasted a week
one day
I'd be down for this