Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Website suggestion
(01-05-2023, 09:06 PM)Nicol Bolas Wrote:
(01-05-2023, 08:35 PM)Battons Wrote:  It occurs in servers which contain people from here and makes them incredibly uncomfortable. You say he has changed and sure, maybe in a front facing sense, but the pattern is there and to ignore it and say "He's changed" or "BUT ITS NOT IN DINKS!" is just blind ignorance to this behavior. I will show you the pattern of him slurring in evidence below. It will be linked to a different website for those who do not wish to see it.

Hmmm ok, I'll bite on this small piece I suppose. Granted I won't actually go into the main discussion this thread is about so I'll try and keep it brief since it's off topic.

On the specific topic of evidence gathered from private/Non-Dink associated discord servers:
It has been my personal staffing policy to not use screenshots/recordings/ etc obtained from private/Non-Dink discord servers as evidence for bans/corrective action whenever possible. 
Why? Well the answer is largely obvious (you should be intimately  familiar with this infamous thread.)

It's not my concern. Unless the issue is legitimately illegal I don't really feel a need to concern myself with outside servers. If people are uncomfortable with words that are being said in a private discord server then they have every right to leave it, I'm not their mom. I have not seen evidence of this behavior occuring any time recently within the community so I'm not inclined to take it seriously. 

That's all from me regarding this, peace.
I know i said i wouldn't reply anymore but this coming from you is astounding.

I think the issue with adressing toxicity was that it brought many innocent bystanders (like tdawg for example) into the mass bans that went out. I don't think the event should be used for comparisons here personally.

I will say however i have an extreme discomfort with you saying that this outside behavior is perfectly fine and that you don't care. I would hate to be in the same room as someone who says slurs like that, and the same goes for being on the same staff team as that person. It's not excusable in any way, it's disgusting behavior, and quite frankly I'm disappointed that you don't care about it simply because it's not in the most publicly available space. I don't care if people remove themselves from these spaces but to disregard and brush off this is abhorrent. You wouldn't want your elected official to be caught saying these things would you? You do not require evidence for this because it is already available and even posted here. Again, i must reiterate that if these issues were strictly only in the past and not currently happening, then things could be different. But this is not the case.

All I'm going to ask is how many more people are you going to allow to be hurt and run out of the community at this point before you (not just the admins and staff) actually care?
We're just a giant ass
Cheeks are made of children
Old was just a fad
Shit on all the billions
this should be 5 different threads already

The sun smiles at you with eternal malice
I figure I'll come in because I've been name dropped a couple of times namely to just maybe put some things on my end in. Not that I really have any pull or even a horse in this race either.

I was made a Web Moderator on the idea that I was someone who really didn't have any major issues in the community at the time. Yes I was part of the 2018 PH Staff Exodus but outside of that, no bans or anything except a couple of failed staff applications. Laced has had many issues in the community which may require some trust built up from said community. No I haven't been around in the past few months but that means I have no information on how he currently acts.

I will definitely say that the picture was a very big driving force in me leaving. It genuinely made me feel uncomfortable in being around the community as a whole because of potential implications. I also don't believe people's faces should unwilling be made into a meme but that's the internet. Knowing where it came from hurt because I was once a very good friend of Laced and some of his friends. If he were to wanna talk about all that, I'll unblock him once I post this out of respect for the friendship we once had and maybe come back with a response on this.(Again, not that I matter but still)

All in all I'm just here to point out that the comparisons to me getting Web Moderator to Laced getting Web Moderator aren't exactly apples to apples but not really apples to oranges either. I was given it based on the fact that I was "relatively" drama free at the time with a decent amount of staff experience but there was probably some friendship bias as well considering Matt and I were/are pretty good friends.
[Image: b_560x95.png][Image: clapclub.jpg?width=1202&height=519]
BINGO!!!!!!

[Image: ayzcWny.png]

Thankyou @nicol i needed addressing toxicity
Kaptain Les
TTT Mod
Discord Admin
PH Helper
DR Player
Murder Hater
[Image: otzEX]
Fuck G-Cubed
[Image: he-man-background-1.gif]
(01-06-2023, 12:12 AM)RussEfarmer Wrote: forum users try to shut up challenge

(01-06-2023, 12:44 AM)KaptainLes Wrote: BINGO!!!!!!

[Image: ayzcWny.png]

Thankyou @nicol i needed addressing toxicity
Things like these do not help but I appreciate you trying to be light hearted. Would these not be shitposts? Why should people shut up they are legitimate concerns. Things like these only bury actual input and only extend the page length and do nothing to further anything. If you would like to have fun cool but not at the expense of a thread which I’m trying to discuss a perspective. Take it to the section called shitposting.
The local Sega & Sonic fanatic.
[Image: JCMB8GH.jpeg]
Going to close this, 15 pages is enough. It seems everyone has said their piece and we’ve discussed the main points. I’ll formally respond below, if you have any other concerns dm me on discord.

To start, laced will not be demoted. It wouldn't be fair to Laced for me to demote him and tell him he has to apply again because of a flawed decision-making system that he has no control over. Not only that, but I stand by my decision made in consultation with the admins prior to the decision, and with the support of multiple upper and lower staff members. I'm giving Laced a chance to show his willingness to support the community, and I hope that you will do the same.

I have been reading and carefully considering a lot of the information and concerns brought up in this thread. While I acknowledge Laced’s actions in the past, I did not find much of the evidence provided to be relevant enough, recent enough, or sufficient enough to be applicable to this decision. You can find more detailed responses to many concerns in my comments on this thread, as well as explanations as to why I stand by the decision. Again, web mod has drastically changed in scope. It is not as powerful as it once was. It's much narrower and focused on moderation aspects rather than the administrative aspects of ips, backend access, rank changing, etc.

For future Web Staff applicants, I'll make the process more open to allow for more public feedback, since I now agree that it’s important for the community to play a role in a decision like this. I'm not actively seeking applicants at the moment due to there already being two new additions to the team, I'll make an application form/section for those interested in applying for web staff, similar to rand's current app. I'll make a separate post outlining how that process will work.

I also plan to make a google form that will have the results only accessible to me if you wish to privately submit any feedback regarding any of my web staff members’ conduct or decisions. The answers may be shared with other admins to get their opinions, but I will ensure you remain anonymous to the rest of the staff and community. If you wish to voice your concern publicly, that is your prerogative. This is just an option being offered to those who wish to have a direct line of communication with me for the sake of a productive discussion.