Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Website suggestion
(01-04-2023, 06:03 PM)Foxka Wrote: yes I’m heated. 
only commenting because this comment has directly attacked me and the people i care deeply about on something completely unrelated to us.  

now, i will preface this that what i say will exclude laced himself as your greviances with him are valid and they are yours, but to unfoundedly accuse the rest of his discord as a toxic cesspool is simply wrong and feels insulting as someone who has grown close to the people who frequent. i can tell you for a fact that the community members who exist in that discord are, for the most part, completely innocent parties that have absolutely nothing to do with the beef you may have with laced and his position as mod.

yes, there are a few that have caused genuine problems before but 1) people are capable of growing and changing and 2) they don’t even make up a fraction of the people who speak in there. if the staff really had a problem with that goes on in that discord i’m sure the dink admins in there would’ve had something very different to say to gabe once he proposed laced as his web mod. 

my point being that you can absolutely have your problems with laced, they are absolutely valid and justified, but do not target innocent parties with offensive and outlandish claims simply for associating with him, you have no idea what you are talking about in that manner.
[Image: giphy.gif]
(01-04-2023, 06:36 PM)Battons Wrote:
(01-04-2023, 06:34 PM)real (2) Wrote: Any shitposting in this thread from this point forward will result in warnings

i love u guys but stop being stupid lmfao

I really think in this very specific instance where the thread is 50% about you that this thread should be moderated by the admins/gabe, not you.
He is forum staff whether you want him to be or not and he's doing his job. Most of the stuff that was deleted was from his toxic clique of jokesters and dumbasses.
(01-04-2023, 06:34 PM)boy with ***** Wrote:
(01-04-2023, 06:29 PM)Foxka Wrote:
(01-04-2023, 06:20 PM)boy with ***** Wrote: Actually now that I think about it regarding Foxka post. People do not dislike u because supreme leader Laced Xanax doesn't like you. You're own actions have made people dislike you for different reasons.
While this may seem true to you, it ignores the core concept I would like to introduce which is how word-of-mouth spreads awful rumors and incites people, who have never interacted with each other whatsoever aside from perhaps a text post or two, can suddenly hate each other and attack each other over little things. You are a perfect example of this. I have no idea who you are, what I have done to you or your friends other than be a part of the other "team". I am not affiliated with any "clique" here, which is another reason I feel disliked here. My pals are all long gone or alienated.

But, this is not the place for this conversation to happen. I'd be happy to chat in DMs about this if you'd like and hopefully we can get some understanding between each other.
Let's see you were one of the people fking with me over summer of toxicity bans when I was trying to help calm it down. Part of the group posting and liking posts telling me to stop sucking dick for promotions, then accused me of racism for not warning burrito for calling lycan monkey boy when he had a baby monkey pfp. I do not needs rumors to justify my dislike for you. You've given me alot of reasons to dislike you.
I would like to DM you about this if that's ok with you, just to keep things off the thread.
We're just a giant ass
Cheeks are made of children
Old was just a fad
Shit on all the billions
(01-04-2023, 06:32 PM)tiefling lesbian Wrote:
(01-04-2023, 06:23 PM)bryanbrr Wrote: We publicly allow people to mindlessly post positive approval for each other but, we censor mindless disapproval. 
Mindless disapproval is allowed in staff app threads, which is further reason it should probably have followed the usual procedure so stuff like this would have gotten out of the way beforehand

Just popping in to say that with staff apps, the way that staff apps are moderated has been traditionally sorta/kinda in line with how the admins for that specific server allow the apps to be moderated.  For example, PH apps tend to be moderated more strictly than TTT, but that's just the difference between the two communities.  The web staff still step in on these apps if they get out of hand.

As for what you said about web apps, in the past they were direct promotions from the web admin because the web moderators had access to a lot of backend stuff.  AKA: lots more power than tmod/mod for one of the server.  Since all that's been changed, it might be worth discussing if web mod apps could be made open.  Ultimately, it's up to Gabe and I'm fine with the current system.
I probably have more questions than I will ever get answers for, but let's break a few things down.

For the original post, yes Battons the forums should 100% be the place for discussions and disagreements because that's where people are usually thrown to anyways when they disagree with something.

As for shutting down threads, that should be a last resort effort. It makes no sense that the forum changes post was locked when no one had commented in 24 hours.

As for the decision to make Laced a Web Mod. I don't care how much you say a person has changed, when you state that past infractions and actions were taken into consideration for this decision, but then solely base this decision on an admin discussion, you forget one key thing, the trust the community has in that person. Looking at a lot of the outlash in this decision, there is a HIGH lack of trust in Laced based on his past and current self. I get that people can grow and change, but looking at a deeper level into Laced's actions on the forums, there is shitposting, arguments, and disrespectful comments (including telling people to "stop being stupid lmfao" on this very thread). How can anyone take this decision seriously?

Seeing someone say "I'll warn you for shitposting" but has a record past of that is almost hypocritical and hard to take serious, and I think that major point was forgotten in all of this.

I also forgot to ask my other question, but since when could someone close out their own ban request without any admin oversight on the thread and archive it (since a Web mod does that but isn't a high enough ttt staff to archive ban requests unless that changed)? Feels like a step was missed in that whole process too.
Noot Noot ~(^-^)~
(01-04-2023, 06:37 PM)real (6) Wrote:
(01-04-2023, 06:03 PM)Foxka Wrote: yes I’m heated. 
only commenting because this comment has directly attacked me and the people i care deeply about on something completely unrelated to us.  

now, i will preface this that what i say will exclude laced himself as your greviances with him are valid and they are yours, but to unfoundedly accuse the rest of his discord as a toxic cesspool is simply wrong and feels insulting as someone who has grown close to the people who frequent. i can tell you for a fact that the community members who exist in that discord are, for the most part, completely innocent parties that have absolutely nothing to do with the beef you may have with laced and his position as mod.

yes, there are a few that have caused genuine problems before but 1) people are capable of growing and changing and 2) they don’t even make up a fraction of the people who speak in there. if the staff really had a problem with that goes on in that discord i’m sure the dink admins in there would’ve had something very different to say to gabe once he proposed laced as his web mod. 

my point being that you can absolutely have your problems with laced, they are absolutely valid and justified, but do not target innocent parties with offensive and outlandish claims simply for associating with him, you have no idea what you are talking about in that manner.
I am aware there are good noodles in there as well, i apologize for implying everyone that ever associates with Laced is evil to me. This is not true and i would like to apologize for not making that clear. I was merely trying to keep things generalized to help myself formulate responses easier, sorry! I am also speaking off of my experiences with some of his friends but of course definitely not all of them.

now, specifically in response to the red here to keep it related to the thread: This is very true! People are in fact capable of growing and changing. I am not disputing this. I will however dispute that if staff had a problem with what goes on in that discord, it has been established many many times that they do not care because it's in an isolated space and not in the public eye. Which is complete BS in my opinion and does nothing but shelter issues that would otherwise need something done with.
We're just a giant ass
Cheeks are made of children
Old was just a fad
Shit on all the billions
Guys this topic is getting out of hand. Please stop spamming and get on topic.
aw shit here we go again. only thing i can really say rn is make web moderator promoted through applications now that we have an entire new team for it. people moderating the most used sub section of the community deserve to know what people think BEFORE they get promoted.
(01-04-2023, 06:47 PM)Avi Wrote:  I get that people can grow and change, but looking at a deeper level into Laced's actions on the forums, there is shitposting, arguments, and disrespectful comments (including telling people to "stop being stupid lmfao" on this very thread). How can anyone take this decision seriously?

Seeing someone say "I'll warn you for shitposting" but has a record past of that is almost hypocritical and hard to take serious, and I think that major point was forgotten in all of this.
I just want to critique this a little. I don't think, in my personal opinion, the statement, "stop being stupid lmfao," is a disrespectful comment or however you take it. I get it comes off a bit snarky, but it also is just implying people to not state things that are not part of the discussion. Yes, it may be hypocritical. From what I have seen on the forums, "most" of laced's comments were shitpost for non-serious threads or semi-serious. I hope that we can discuss it if you would like!  :)

Now for first part of the thread: What I had agreed with and disagreed with have been stated. Yes, the announcement for laced kinda came out of nowhere. While it is a major shock and may be a big step down or right step for the forums, wherever your decision lies, I trust that the admins from each respective server gave their fair points and criticism for the web mod position. I would assume it was a difficult decision considering of his past, his actions currently, and what he does for the community. But since we do have admins that, as a community, we trust for each server, I think that they made a respectful decision to allow him to be web mod on the condition of watching his actions and putting their trust into Gabe for managing Laced. Yes, there will be skepticism since they are good friends. I do trust Gabe to know and act on what is right for the forums since he has been a web admin for a while.

For Tiefling's Comment: My only comment is that it is weird that forum promotions happen entirely behind closed doors when every other promotion category is handled publicly.
I agree that it is a little weird, but I also want to state that if Laced were to put a web mod app onto the forums, I'm pretty sure everyone would know how it would end. I agree that the forums should be a place for discussion, while some comments may be snarky and outright not helpful, they should be allowed to voice their opinion. While others may not agree with deleting said comments and others wanting to delete rude comments, that's up for debate.

For the other half of the thread: I do understand Foxka's position in where he resides. While I, in my current position, do not know the history of everyone, only what is shown from threads and other comments, I think that being able voice that opinion of another person is a good point. I think that, while blocking IS a feature that has been on almost everything, I don't think that it helps to block others just for the dislike of them. Yes, you may not like or agree with the person, but consider other's view points instead of shutting them down just because it's a certain individual. Also, people can change and evolve over time. I see one opposition with their LACK of trust for laced as an individual, whether that be their history together or past disputes. I also see the other opposition of people trusting and supporting laced for his current actions, despite his controversial history. While I do support Laced for staff in TTT and forums, I also think that there is some changes needed for him. As I pointed out with the blocking issue, I would want to see that issue improved or resolved to consider others. It can be rough to see others not agree with you and I would like to see you be a little more open for that. I think that you can be a good web mod, just make sure to be more open for other's viewpoints.

Also, I do agree that Batton's comment was not a very good critique or helped the engagement of disputes. While I don't necessarily know Battons, (He seems like a great guy) I think that showing your disapproval with a little malice isn't a way to go. I understand the frustration made in the comment was to show your disapproval for the decision and it's good to show that and I don't think it should've been censored, but just make sure to add a critique instead of derailing it with a comment of a little malice.

I hope that more discussions can be made for this thread, but keep it on topic as it's starting to derail a little. Consider others viewpoints and don't go on a witch hunt on each other just to get rid of them from the community forever. Thank You. Love you All.
excuse the senile old man rant but if we are going to take the forums seriously can we enforce permanent names because i literally have no idea who half of you name changing adderall chuggers are anymore