Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Test mod Jack
Offender's Name: Jack

Offender's SteamID: STEAM_0:1:43665684

What Server(s): TTT

Offender's Rank: Test Mod 

What They Did: Issued an illegal slay. Playing as a detective, I killed a Fanta player (innocent) (he was carrying a baseball bat in his hands)(simple map), the player did not warn in the chat that he had this weapon from a dead traitor or from anyone else(I wrote down in report that Fanta didnt announced anything in chat about baseball bat). After map changed(that was last round of simple), I asked the test moderator for what the slay was received. To which the test moderator replied that I had violated the rules of the game. That I should have not killed the player. Allegedly, according to Jack's rules, I had to ask the player where he got the traitor's item from and take him at his word that he was innocent and was not going to kill me(We all know simple map, big open area=baseball bat means death sentence). 
I was a little bit harsh towards Jack btw. The test moderator is simply obliged to check the rules and think twice before doing anything. Or to consult what to do with more experienced moderators.( Nate was there)

When They Did It: 08/01/2023

Potential Witnesses: Fanta (probably)

Proof: https://imgur.com/a/OtlipRu

Other: 
", according to Jack's rules, I had to ask the player where he got the traitor's item from" nimble jack wrong for this
[Image: TWQlDjL.png] 
-courtesy of a sarcastic fish

[Image: t2X0SiD.png]
-courtesy of milk(2)
bro it's just a game. The staff know the rules better than you do, just accept the slay and quit whining.
[Image: image.png]Don't take anything I say seriously
don't really see much of an issue here. fanta was proven from killing broken_database, which i believe is where he got the bat from and you proceeded to kill a proven inno. under the !motd in reasons to call a kos, it says UNPROVEN with t wep. the "test moderator" did in fact remove your initial slay to check the rules again, found it, then slayed you for it

i might be wrong, but i think jack answered "ask him" to if hes proven or not
[Image: image.png]

Having both killed a traitor, IDING their body, and picking up said t wep from that body, he was proven. Doing that in front of other players only solidifies that fact.

Keeping this in mind, him walking around in circles with it out does not make him enough of a threat to kill instantly, which is what you did. 

The easier option would have been to ask him, yes, or just ask in general since other players were well aware of his innocence. 

Him being proven, whether you know it or not, puts the burden of doing all this on you.

(01-08-2023, 01:57 AM)voidzz Wrote: don't really see much of an issue here. fanta was proven from killing broken_database, which i believe is where he got the bat from and you proceeded to kill a proven inno. under the !motd in reasons to call a kos, it says UNPROVEN with t wep. the "test moderator" did in fact remove your initial slay to check the rules again, found it, then slayed you for it

i might be wrong, but i think jack answered "ask him" to if hes proven or not

Oh the first slay was me fat thumbing when tabbing back into the game, consider that he asked about his first slay before even having been slain according to him (breaking rules filler response)
It's pretty self explanatory, he killed a traitor, had the traitor weapon out without killing anyone and was proven with others seeing fanta being proven by killing the T. The breaking rules is just a filler response when you give a slay. But yes, you could've asked other players too if he was innocent which I'm guessing wasn't considered. At best, this staff abuse report will lead nowhere and be closed. At worst, he'll just be told about the rules and given a slap on the wrist, but looks like Jack did nothing wrong in this. Case Closed.
From what I have gathered Jack followed the right procedures and gave you a valid slay for killing a proven inno. I don’t see anything wrong with what happened.
[Image: baby-yoda-star-wars.gif]
I'm not seeing where fanta was declared proven. Is that available somewhere?
Generally a detective or fanta would have to declare proven prior to being caught that they killed the T and found the bat on him
[Image: dan_ceebeast_gif.gif]

Discord Admin - April 2021 - March 2023
TTT Moderator - February 2021 - March 2023
Join our discord: discord.gg/dinks
Reporting anyone who kills me for pulling out an awp without asking me if I'm proven first
[Image: gBkzZod.png]
It looks to me like you killed a proven inno with a D/T weapon. Not sure if it was declared or not since it might have been in voice chat but digging thru the relay i don't see it. As stated earlier, you can't KOS someone who's proven for having a d/t weapon. Either way, even if this was a mistaken slay (which appears not to be), it's not abuse.
We're just a giant ass
Cheeks are made of children
Old was just a fad
Shit on all the billions