Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
one sec new tourney just dropped
What: CS:GO - Wingman 

When: Complicated! It'll be in a month at least, but it will likely have to be spread over a few days because the amount of teams could be up to 2.5x that of the last tournament, if everyone wants in. Tentatively, I'm thinking over the February 12th to February 19th

Map Pool: Nuke, Cobble, Vertigo, Train. No surprise maps or anything this time around

32 people, 16 teams is what I'm shooting for amount. Upper limit will be 32, but everyone is free to grab an alternate just in case. You can pick your own teams, since the size is so small. If you can't find a partner but want to partake, I can play matchmaker.

I'd like to do a double elimination tournament over the course of a week. The first round of the main bracket being streamed,

Considering it's about 30 games of 10-25 minute games, our upper limit on time ends up being about 15 hours, so obviously that won't be all one day. I'd like to do the first round of the main bracket on one weekend, play out everything until the quarter finals of both the main and the loser's bracket during the week/off stream, and then play out that last bit the following weekend. This also gives us some leeway in case people can't attend the first day, they can still do it and continue the tournament without just being disqualified.

The first round will be decided by a single game, and everything until the finals will be best of 3 (since it's off stream), with the finals of both brackets being best of 5. I'm not going to say any guns are banned, so auto snipers and M249 are fine, but if you use an auto at all and end up winning I'm going to steal your doors. Even if you don't have your team set yet, please comment on the thread if you would like to partake so I can get a list going. I'm also going to make a separate discord server for this just for announcements and bracket updates, so I don't have to individually reach out to people as much.

Hopefully this can also debut a little discord/twitch integration idea I had last month that GCubed and I said we would be working on and haven't yet, but we'll see! If you have any questions, please reach out. This one I'm hoping to make as player-friendly as possible, since the last one took a good while and had some problems.
[Image: TWQlDjL.png] 
-courtesy of a sarcastic fish

[Image: t2X0SiD.png]
-courtesy of milk(2)
real.
real
[Image: b_560x95.png]
I'll join
[Image: h4r1WLO.gif]
Good Games
Retired TTT Moderator
03-07-2020 ~ 11-17-2020