Ingame Name: Master Chief

Steam ID: STEAM_0:1:176759417

Time Played: 119 Hours

First Joined: April 15, 2023 6:06pm cst

Availability: Days: Any   Times: 12:30pm-7pm, 9:00am-12:00pm    Central Time

Rank Desired: Trusted

Current Rank: Regular

What can you do to help?: Make sure people aren't being dumb and stay in check

Why do you want to help the community?: I feel like sometimes people feel like all staff members are evil but I want to change their way of thinking and make them feel good and safe with staff on. If that makes sense.

Have you previously been banned?: No

Have you previously applied for staff?: No

Do you have a way to record or take screenshots?: Yes

How did you find us?: It was the only active server at the time when I joined and I liked the experience.

Other: Because a requirement is to be at least 16 I figure it would be best to tell my birthday     09/10/2004
If any other questions feel free to reach out to me on Discord Master Chief#6615
It's not entirely common for admins to reply on applications unless a decision has been made but I do have some questions/concerns.

1. You've been talking quite a bit of "smack" about certain PH staff in game recently, and I got to hear it for the first time yesterday. I asked you to DM me on discord with your concerns to which you replied something along the lines of "discord is for losers" or something like that. I can check the exact wording on the recording if needed. You still haven't come to me or the other PH admins with your concerns. Mocking my staff and deriding them in VC without actually bringing me your concerns does not fill me with faith that you will a) be a team player, b) be able to effectively communicate the rules/guidelines that staff and players follow, and c) be able to articulate your reasons for punishments given to players.

The admin team does not expect our staff to be "buddies" or to get along, but respect and decent treatment of each other is something we 100% require. If you want me to consider your application, you need to DM me with your concrete concerns about the staff members you've been deriding in VC lately (something I repeatedly asked you to do yesterday).

2. I'd like more explanation for your "Why do you want to help the community?" response. Yes, some people do not like our staff, and the majority of those people tend to break the rules. Dinks is the #1 PH server in part because it's not completely run amuck with trolls, cheaters, racists, etc. This being said, what do you mean by "change their way of thinking" and making them "feel safe" with staff on?

3. Temperament is extremely important when you are staff because you instantly become a target for the trolls on the server. Do you believe that you will be able to handle this?
[Image: ZN1HpFb.png]
(05-18-2023, 01:43 PM)chelllman Wrote: It's not entirely common for admins to reply on applications unless a decision has been made but I do have some questions/concerns.

1. You've been talking quite a bit of "smack" about certain PH staff in game recently, and I got to hear it for the first time yesterday.  I asked you to DM me on discord with your concerns to which you replied something along the lines of "discord is for losers" or something like that.  I can check the exact wording on the recording if needed.  You still haven't come to me or the other PH admins with your concerns.  Mocking my staff and deriding them in VC without actually bringing me your concerns does not fill me with faith that you will a) be a team player, b) be able to effectively communicate the rules/guidelines that staff and players follow, and c) be able to articulate your reasons for punishments given to players.

The admin team does not expect our staff to be "buddies" or to get along, but respect and decent treatment of each other is something we 100% require.  If you want me to consider your application, you need to DM me with your concrete concerns about the staff members you've been deriding in VC lately (something I repeatedly asked you to do yesterday).

2. I'd like more explanation for your "Why do you want to help the community?" response.  Yes, some people do not like our staff, and the majority of those people tend to break the rules.  Dinks is the #1 PH server in part because it's not completely run amuck with trolls, cheaters, racists, etc.  This being said, what do you mean by "change their way of thinking" and making them "feel safe" with staff on?

3. Temperament is extremely important when you are staff because you instantly become a target for the trolls on the server.  Do you believe that you will be able to handle this?

1. I know nothing I say can actually make up for the things I've said and done but if it means anything I'm sorry. I've been getting anxious about upcoming events and I have been put under a lot of pressure. I shouldn't of let it rip on the server and I'm still sort of going through things but I'm figuring it out.

2. What I meant by "feel safe" is make the server a place where people can go to escape and forget about any troubles.

3. Yes I can
I am personally going to -1 this application and here’s why, 

• First off your application seems very low effort. To me, applications should sorta sell you of what capabilities you have, what you plan to do as staff, and more in-depth. To see what approved applications look like refer the approved section of the PH Staff Applications
  • The disrespect. @chelllman went over this well. A player had recorded you being disrespectful toward me. As stated by him, we all (staff) don’t have to be buddy buddy with each other, but we need to be at least respectable to one another. 
  • I haven’t really witnessed you step up during the server whenever problems occur, you’ve actually sort of instigated it more. 
  • You have not made any ban requests. While yes not a requirement for Trusted, it’s definitely a very nice thing to see. This proves to the Admin team that you know how to record, know what to look for, and know how to make ban requests. 
These are just my personal opinions towards you about applying for staff. I would take the time, like a couple months or so, to work on your character if your application gets denied. You can also take that time to learn how to make some ban requests to make yourself look even better at that time too. If you have any questions as to what I’ve stated, you can message me on Discord. I would be glad to help you out. 

Good luck, and don’t be discouraged if you application gets denied.
???????? ??????
I dont typically respond to PH applications but You just posted nsfw content in discord yesterday, fam. -1.
We're just a giant ass
Cheeks are made of children
Old was just a fad
Shit on all the billions
I wasn't going to reply but reading what others said here and your reply I believe you shouldn't be accepted to be Trusted and you should take a few months to actually think about it and better yourself.

As Potato said, read other apps in the approved section so that you can get the flow of what the admins look for when choosing new staff members and/or giving them higher ranks. 

Also highly recommended that if you feel like a staff member is being unjust try to record the situation and talk to any of the admins(trust me they will be open to listen to you) instead of flaming them since this can highly affect your chances to become staff.
[Image: unknown.png]

eh,

ive been told not to shitpost so heres some god honest commentary. don't take this negatively. I would highly recommend you take what others and I are saying to you about this. In the end, nobody wants to tear anybody else down.

part 1 (a, b)
A: in part, this is also asking friends to trust other friends. Is it friendly to say hostile things about one another? just asking. especially since you have said you want to staff with them.
 you also say that "staff dont have to be friends". This is probably furthest from the truth. Staff DO have to be friends, because we DO work together. everything we do we (generally unless its really out there and would fall under abuse/misuse of command) will all agree is the correct thing. We help each other. this is not a corporate rat race, this is a community.

B: blaming other things to excuse shitty behavior like being hostile to other folks is, well, shitty behavior. Punching someone because I am stressed does not make punching someone ok. its still a shitty thing to do. Moreover, any staffing in general anywhere involves the person actively owning up to what they did/do/didnt do/dont do. I am not out here to throw hostilities, just giving you things to think about should you wanna reapply (and just something in general)

2. I am not sure your values of "let everyone feel safe" is truly that. Letting everyone feel safe means not demeaning others (except in a manner that is completely accepted as a jest). It also  means creating an environment where everyone can be welcome. talking overly sexual topics makes the server unwelcome to newcomers and to people who are young, for example.  

One thing potato has mentioned is that you have demeaned him multiple times. lets take this as an example. You say you "make the server a place where people can go to escape and forget about any troubles. " Is this that? I personally don't think it is. 
Here is another example I come across alot. people sometimes make the claim that avoiding certain topics is ""ruining the server"" in the prop hunt server. Dinkleburg prop hunt serves so much more than just adults. We are a type of game mode that caters to all ages, especially those in a younger demographic.  For this reasson, I hope you can see why those claiming ""ruining the server"" are incorrect. 

again, these are just examples.

3. I kinda disagree personally. there really isn't much you can do right now to change my personal opinion on that. 

other questions:
how would you handle something such as "friend A breaks the rules?" can you be impartial? based on your previous behavior and responses, I am personally inclined to say no.

-1, based on responses, previous behavior in PH, and apparently behavior in the discord. 

I do hope you take some of these responses into account for the future. it does sound like your heart is in the right place, but I am not sure you know how to get there.
good luck out there.
Incepimus, Nunc et semper.
This means that "we begin, now and forever", and translates as "always we begin again"
What this actually means is that we should always strive to better ourselves, because tomorrow is a new day.
I hope you take it to heart. Remember, an improvement, no matter how small, is improvement.

BIIG_SAD
Not to going to explain much since the others had already say what I was going to say. Even though I didn't experience with you a lot unlike few of the other staffs but I feel like you aren't ready for staff from experiences I had seen and heard with you on PH and discord. 
If you truly desired to be staff, I suggested following to the others' advices and show us that you really are ready.

-1 from the bird
IM THE BIRD : )
[Image: fce0cd09fdc96ca73df8963eeac3f694.jpg]
[Image: IMG_6145.png]
???????? ??????
This application as of this time has been Denied.

You may reapply no sooner than 1 month. July 1st, 2023

I don't believe anyone who openly breaks the rules with pedo/rape comments on server should even be considered for staff. I should let you know if anything further is witnessed I will send you away myself.

I believe that you lack the maturity to deal with situations involving rule breaking individuals. Staff aren't expected to be utmost professionals or anything but at least have the maturity to handle situations that arise and deal with them accordingly. That's just a few of the reasons for this application to be denied. 

Thank you and have a nice day. 

[Image: wattson-apex-legends.gif]
[Image: 6jCIuUl.gif]