Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Lesson Learned
Steam Name: Fofab

Steam I.D: STEAM_0:1:426459064

Who banned you: Super Milk Chan

Reason for ban: self harm remarks

Reason for Admins to unban you: I'm pretty quick to learn from my mistakes one example i can give was the "i have a question" gimmick where i asked staff a bunch of questions to annoy them i was warned several times by a few staff and even punished for it once by Harmless_Potato ever since i haven't done it again. That being said i do apologize for the remark/comment i made earlier this week it was poor on my part i was acting very impulsive at the time and wasn't considering what i could say so i can guarantee you it won't occur again an unban would be appreciated thank you.
(02-11-2024, 09:03 AM)Fofab Wrote: Steam Name: Fofab

Steam I.D: STEAM_0:1:426459064

Who banned you: Super Milk Chan

Reason for ban: self harm remarks

Reason for Admins to unban you: I'm pretty quick to learn from my mistakes one example i can give was the "i have a question" gimmick where i asked staff a bunch of questions to annoy them i was warned several times by a few staff and even punished for it once by Harmless_Potato ever since i haven't done it again. That being said i do apologize for the remark/comment i made earlier this week it was poor on my part i was acting very impulsive at the time and wasn't considering what i could say so i can guarantee you it won't occur again an unban would be appreciated thank you.
Having been able to play with Fofab as well as talk with him in game the past couple of years, I have never heard or experienced him saying self harm remarks. Usually he's pretty quiet just playing the game unless he's got friends on he's messing with or trying to get under staffs skin with the "I have a question " but that personally never bothers me
 While I'm not as active as before, in my opinion and experience with fofab, this particular situation to me is a one off and truly believe it won't happen again. Now the rules behind what was said regarding self harm are enforced for good reason but we do all make mistakes and I believe this was a remark that will not happen again. 

+1 for another chance
Ok so I've come crawling out of the wood works to see this, I don't play much anymore but here we go. While I know everyone has their moments in time where they have thoughts about hurting themselves or others among other things, that still doesnt excuse the fact that the remark was made. I know Fofab ( Toefab >:) ) is fairly active on the server and is almost always a pleasure to hang around, normally an active player such as fofab is desireable especially in today's time as gmod is dying and the dinks community on the server side of things is taking a hit as a result of such, personally I dont think self harm remarks warrants a perma ban (perma ban = lose players, lose players = not good :( ).

+1 a reduction to a month or two would suffice
Now that you said it yourself, if you do it again it will be a deserved ban, 1+ for another chance or a reduction.
[Image: 800px-BLU_Products_Logo.jpg]
Fofab...Fofab...Fofab..., 

With 18 and some change weeks of playtime on the server you should know better. Making a "joke" about offing yourself isn't funny nor should be taken lightly. 

As in the PH Staff Guidelines under Situation 10, "Suicide, rape, pedophilia Procedure:", it is a round gag/mute, kick, and finally a permanent ban for such behavior. With that said, staff have the ability to upgrade your ban for various previous punishments. You have been previously banned once for prop killing respectfully back in February 2023 for 1 week. As for other punishments, you have been warned/muted for mic-spam asking, "Is it mic-spam if I...", towards staff members, and other mic-spam related incidents respectfully 6 times. You also have been warned for pre-round killing. A total of 11 listings have been made on you.

With that said, players that have a long history on the server are bound to slip up once in a while, we're all human. Making "jokes" about offing yourself isn't a minor slip up. I am for an unban, but not immediately. I would say a ban reduced to a minimum of a month. 

IF you are unbanned in the future, please think before you speak. You aren't a huge issue, but the irregular slip-ups are catching up to you.
???????? ??????
I think permabanning a player with 18 weeks of playtime for screwing up and forgetting you can't joke about suicide on this server is very extreme. Unlike the other rule breaks Potato described like micspam and propkilling, I really don't think Fofab made that comment maliciously, especially if they don't have a history of doing it before.

I understand that suicide jokes are pretty lame because it's a sensitive topic to some people, I respect PH's sensitivity to the issue, but regardless of this, regular players in the community at this stage of Garry's Mods' life are very valueble to the server and issuing permanent bans to them should not be done lightly. At worst a temporary ban should have been issued, and the best outcome would be the staff who witnessed the event act their role as a community pillar and discuss with Fofab in private to make sure they understand they should not joke about suicide, instead of immediately jumping to the most severe punishment a moderator can issue.

This is all just my opinion, consider or disregard it at your leisure
+1 ban reduction to 3 days

From what I can gather the proper procedures weren't used leading up to this ban, however with fofab being a more seasoned player here I do not feel right just letting them walk free without some more time to reflect on their actions. 

I HIGHLY suggest you take this time to re-evaluate your choices that are causing you to make poor decisions in a gaming community that you enjoy being in. 

I do agree with the ban reduction, depending on the reduction I will leave it to the admins as they might have more info and know more than the rest of the staff. However, this will be a huge lesson as talking topics about suicide (as a example) is always a big no-no, expectedly if it's someone who is a regular who should mostly knows about PH rules. 

I do hope that this doesn't happen again in the future and you are in a better place if you are having thoughts. I wish you the best luck and future Fofab. 

+1 for a ban reduction from the birb
IM THE BIRD : )
[Image: fce0cd09fdc96ca73df8963eeac3f694.jpg]
I don’t have much more to add that others haven’t already said. I may not be active on server anymore but I’ve been on there with Fofab for quite a while. Yes he should know better considering how long he’s been around, but even considering that, he doesn’t have a massive history of this. Sure he’s gotten on my nerves before with all the dumb questions he’s asked me time and time again, but it was never anything serious. Without knowing exactly what was said, it sounds like this was just a poor lapse of judgement that many of us can relate too. Not excusing it, but I can understand it.

All in all I’m +1 for a reduction given the current info.
[Image: ErQ4M8K.jpg] 
I agree with everyone above, +1 for reduction. However, an entire month does seem to be a bit steep as it doesn't appear proper procedure was followed here, 3 days or 1-2 weeks seems a bit more appropriate in this regard. :)
[Image: ac7pbrI.png]
- courtesy of coco <333