Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Leaving forever
Due to recent events in the Discord server I've decided it would be best if I left this server forever. On two separate occasions I simply showed up to the Discord server to vent minor frustrations, and on both circumstances I've been lambasted to the point that it drove me away from the servers. The only reason I came back after the first time was because a nice TMod by the name of Avi convinced me to stay (seriously promote her, she's easily the best staff member you have right now, since she's one of the few that actually seems to care about the wellbeing of the other members, new and old). The second time however I once again decided to vent in the general chat, and no less than five people decided to start shit far disproportionate to what I had said, including a trusted user by the name of Foxka calling me a Odd Fellow and telling me to "fuck off and die". As this was already the second time I've been the victim of such inappropriate language and actions in barely a week, I believe that would would be most benefitting if I just decided to turn my back on the server and leave the septic staff to stew in their own cesspool of hatred and unnecessary snide. To the people whom I have come to call my friends here (of which there are few) I'm sorry but you will surely never see me again. I would rather live a life of pseudo-enjoyment away from here than a life of being shit upon by members that should honestly know how to behave better around strangers to the server. Finally, goodbye.
You came into our channel where we were playing a game, you requested to join and we let you. you then starting complaining and whining that we weren't playing the game that YOU wanted to. That is completely unacceptable and you had no right to do that.

On top of this, if you are offended by "fuck off and die", you probably shouldn't be on the internet because that is likely one of the least offensive things someone could say to you. And as more than one person told you, we tell people "keep yourself safe" on the regular and no we don't actually mean "Hey, you should kill yourself!". It's exactly the same as us calling people names and such. If you don't like it, don't join the server and certainly don't try to start shit with people on it.

Goodbye.
I mean all I was saying is that the game mode we were playing isn't bad, it is the players that suck, because everyone is always either bad at drawing, or only putting memes, or both.  So I take no fault in this.
oboy..
The first time I have ever seen you on this server is when you were getting angry on Discord over the fact that two Garry's Mod servers were not created by the same staff. You seem to just be creating arguments to get people mad. If you just start yelling at other people for problems that don't exist, you're going to get flamed. As said before, I have never seen you before so your departure does not affect me.
I didn't even know what the game was other than it being a part of the Jackbox collection, which contains literally 15 minigames.

I didn't complain once about not playing what I wanted to play, the only thing I complained about at all was your shitty behavior afterwards and the fact the being told that the point of the game is to "draw anything" doesn't give me a lot of information on how to win the game. It doesn't describe the caption phase at all, and it certainly doesn't describe how the scoring system works.

As Dgrif and Avi pointed out, telling random people you've barely seen to kill themselves is not normal behavior on the internet, regardless of your fantasies. Maybe between friends it's a silly joke to make, but I've had what, two conversations with you? I'd hardly call ourselves on "hehe kill yourself hehe" terms. Especially since you tried to cover yourself by saying that it was just a joke. There is no evidence of joking behavior in the simple phrase "fuck off and die." Not a shred. I don't go around telling random people I've just met to fuck off and die and then when they get upset try to play it off as if it were a joke because that is just a blatant lie. Regardless of whether it's among "friends" or not, saying it to someone that didn't even do anything to warrant such a statement is not the way to go about being a trusted member of a community.
you make three drawings, your own or one the game suggests, then you make as many captions as you can until the time runs out, then you put other peoples drawings and captions together to make a shirt, then two shirts at a time go up against each other and the players vote which one is the best.  That is the game.
That would've been a wonderful way to describe the game if that was the way it was described to me before the game started. If I wanted to "draw anything," I could've pulled out my whiteboard and markers and drawn something there. With that explanation there's at least a sense of competitive nature and gameplay being described.
we were all focused on our own stuff in game.
Dis too much.