Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Remove UltimateDoom
This...this is just a shit map.

There's 3 explosive barrels right next to where almost everyone spawns.  I think that's enough to explain why I think it needs to be removed
+1. Fodder for mass RDM and people always get stuck in parts of the map at spawn, too.
[Image: frieren-fall-winter.jpeg]
+1. ttt_ultimatedoom_a1_fix is a sin. The explosive barrels can also create issues from time to time as you can see but ykkk it's their own faults (https://www.dinklebergsgmod.com/site/Thr...t-JokerMan), also just the looks of the map just look boring to me
Maybe dont shoot them then? The fuck?
We're just a giant ass
Cheeks are made of children
Old was just a fad
Shit on all the billions
(04-29-2018, 04:25 PM)Foxka Wrote: Maybe dont shoot them then? The fuck?

that's good and all until the part where you gotta trust in your fellow man not to send you to valhalla.

There's more problems than that, but I think it's the most obvious fault. 

I feel like it's excessively large, as well; as someone on the server pointed out it looks like three Doom levels in one stage.

There's fake walls with zero indication that there might be something up with them; you can be sniped by someone you can't even see and would have no clue where they were located.
Yeah the RDM problem is secondary to the problem of people spawning in walls I think
(04-29-2018, 07:47 PM)Dildo Shwaggins Wrote: Yeah the RDM problem is secondary to the problem of people spawning in walls I think

See now this is something i can actually fix. I'll change the spawns up if this is a problem.
We're just a giant ass
Cheeks are made of children
Old was just a fad
Shit on all the billions
But I thought those 3 barrels solved the issue of finding out who is afk and who is faking being afk. Some T's will fake afk for 10 seconds to buy a T weapon, but if barrels are there and possible rdm, they can't do that.
[Image: ?imw=5000&imh=5000&ima=fit&impolicy=Lett...rbox=false]

Groovy
(04-30-2018, 08:55 AM)Guru Drak Wrote: But I thought those 3 barrels solved the issue of finding out who is afk and who is faking being afk.  Some T's will fake afk for 10 seconds to buy a T weapon, but if barrels are there and possible rdm, they can't do that.

The fuck? So you're saying that the threat of potential RDM (which is against the rules, by the way) both a) exists and b) is USEFUL because someone decides to stand still to buy T-weps? What kind of logic is that? Faking AFK is a potential (and allowed) strategy for T's, or maybe they just want to, I don't know, have T-weapons at the start of the round like a normal person? There's a reason there is a rule for "no killing AFKs until overtime".

What you're suggesting that this solves is a problem that doesn't exist, AND you're saying that going against the rules to solve it is a good thing. Not to mention that killing someone because you think they're in a T-menu is hardcore metagaming, which is also against the rules.

All this is also completely ignoring RDM trolls who would gladly join the server to instakill an entire spawn, which happen from time to time. Why tempt troublemakers with a literal bomb at spawn? It's a terrible and nonsensical idea.

No matter how you slice it, what you just said was retarded.
Steam Workshop Items:
(Click name to visit on steam)
-ttt_spacepost | -ttt_limbo

Useful Information:
(Click name to view)
 [Recording Demos] - [TTT Rules] - [Idiot Test]

(04-30-2018, 10:02 AM)ReThink Wrote:
(04-30-2018, 08:55 AM)Guru Drak Wrote: But I thought those 3 barrels solved the issue of finding out who is afk and who is faking being afk.  Some T's will fake afk for 10 seconds to buy a T weapon, but if barrels are there and possible rdm, they can't do that.

The fuck? So you're saying that the threat of potential RDM (which is against the rules, by the way) both a) exists and b) is USEFUL because someone decides to stand still to buy T-weps? What kind of logic is that? Faking AFK is a potential (and allowed) strategy for T's, or maybe they just want to, I don't know, have T-weapons at the start of the round like a normal person? There's a reason there is a rule for "no killing AFKs until overtime".

What you're suggesting that this solves is a problem that doesn't exist, AND you're saying that going against the rules to solve it is a good thing. Not to mention that killing someone because you think they're in a T-menu is hardcore metagaming, which is also against the rules.

All this is also completely ignoring RDM trolls who would gladly join the server to instakill an entire spawn, which happen from time to time. Why tempt troublemakers with a literal bomb at spawn? It's a terrible and nonsensical idea.

No matter how you slice it, what you just said was retarded.

Even if a T is buying weapons by faking being AFK, that doesn't mean they should be RDMed. I've stopped when inno to look at tab or finish up a report from a previous round at the beginning  and have been accused of being a T buying weapons- so yes, it is exactly hardcore metagaming. In this case, the barrels make it a lot easier to kill an entire spawn as an inno, but some people are just scummy and will be traitors that blow it up and kill their t buddies too so I'm not sure how much it will help if everyone still spawns at the one spot. Best solution I think would to be make spawns more spread out along the map as opposed to the infamous Trappycottage setup of a pigpile at a spawn area