Thread Rating:
  • 3 Vote(s) - 4.33 Average
PH - Three Strike Policy
To: All PH Staff Members and Players
Date: May 12, 2018
Subject: Three Strike Staff Demotion Policy

Opening

Recently I was faced with the decision to recommend a demotion of a PH staff member to Dinkleberg. I had given these staff member three distinct warnings about their behavior and performance. This is in line with the standing policy created by my predecessor. However, I realized that the three strike policy established by him is barely mentioned in the main PH threads. As a result, I decided to create this memorandum to help bring this policy to light for our newer staff to become familiar with.

What is a Three Strike Policy?

Three strike laws were created in 1994 to combat the high crime rates of the 1980s and 1990s in the United States. The goal was to combat habitual offenders by giving a very harsh punishment upon a third offense. This expression, as many of you can probably surmise, is a baseball reference.

How Does The Three Strike Policy Work On The PH Server?

If Dink or the Admin(s) are given evidence of inappropriate behavior of the same staff member in three distinctive instances, then they will be demoted from their current position or be removed from the staff team entirely.

The staff member that is committing the inappropriate acts will be warned after the first and second offense. Our goal here is to not secretly collect evidence or plot against our fellow staff members. Instead, we want to help them and aid them in changing their inappropriate behavior. If a staff member is perhaps too quick to kick players, we want to help go over certain situations where kicking is appropriate and kicking is not appropriate.

If, unfortunately, a staff member does not improve their behavior after two previous warnings, then changes will be made. The staff member will be informed of what they did wrong and will be given a chance to defend themselves. If their defense does not hold up, then they will be demoted from their position.

Depending on the severity of the final offense, the staff member may merely receive a demotion to a lower rank or lose their staff position entirely.

What Is Your Responsibility?

Dink and I both are currently in college and are unable to constantly be aware of everything that goes on in the server. It is the responsibility of the players and the staff members to hold each other accountable. If a staff member is abusing their position, then I need to be informed immediately and be provided with appropriate evidence. If I am not given this, then the staff member will be able to continue their misguided choices.

If I am provided with evidence from a staff member or player, I will never inform the accused staff member who provided the proof. Anonymity is key and I realize just how important that is.

Closing

Staff members have already been helpful in collecting evidence against abusive staff members. I appreciate this greatly and strongly encourage it to continue. 

As always, please feel free to contact me on Discord or the forums if you have any questions or comments.