Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
A List of Things that need to be done/ addressed
(06-11-2018, 01:32 PM)ExiledShadows Wrote: Speaking of aiming, there's been plenty of times where my shots do not register. I know @Foxka had an add on recommended to him to fix the hit reg (or hit registration). Basically what it does is it makes that clearly should be connecting actually connect. @Avi Had recommended it, and I don't remember the specifics. She'd be able to tell more about it than I would, but any type of hit reg fix is a huge improvement.
Oof I got tagged.  Yes I recommended an addon that would help with hit registration (hit reg) to Foxka and he sent to Dink.  Essentially hit reg is determined server side and client side will try to decide whether it was a hit or not, but server side and client side don't confirm the information gathered on each side, and this information doesn't always match up between server and client side (hence why you see blood spatter sometimes and no damage to the person).  The addon I suggested to Foxka takes the information registered client side and sends it server side and the server confirms the shot with the information that the server gathered (checks for exploitation).
Noot Noot ~(^-^)~
(06-11-2018, 12:54 AM)Prince Nicky La Flama Blanca Wrote: I'm not sure if PH really needs a co-owner, but if Dink decides to make one, I would absolutely like for Traitor to be given that position. I didn't ask to be PH Admin, I did so to help the server and its players in its time of need and make sure it didn't completely collapse. If Dink were to give Traitor and I the ability to promote/demote, I think we could run the server pretty well on our own with the exception of server restarts and adding new things (which even the Co-Owner doesn't get the ability to do). 

I think TTT could run well with or without a Co-Owner. I think the inactive admins thing should perhaps be enacted because it can be hard to get in touch with people that haven't been on in awhile and aren't really informed. With the 4 or so active admins, they could run the server pretty effectively, I believe. This, of course, is contingent on at least one of the admins being given the power to promote/demote. 
I agree, I believe admins can be given the power to promote and demote. If they were trustworthy enough to be given that position, they should be trustworthy enough to have this power. 

Though for ttt, we have 4 admins currently which means there are 2-2 ties in votes. For that to work dink would have to vote, or another admin needs to be selected(which I wouldn't be mad about ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)). If we have a co-owner, he is the tie-breaker. His vote counts as 2 if a tie occurs. Making him the tie-breaker.

(06-11-2018, 12:54 AM)Prince Nicky La Flama Blanca Wrote: 5)
I think all unban requests and staff applications should be responded to within a week. This is the policy that Traitor and I agreed upon for PH stuff and since we are both so active, I think we can get things done a lot sooner. 
Also, admins really need to reach out to the applicants if there are questions regarding their applications. Not to sound whiny, but I heard nothing about my application for over 2 weeks before finally deciding to bring it up to Dakody who told me why it was being delayed. I think at least one of the admins needs to keep a person informed so they aren't left in the dark. 
(06-11-2018, 12:24 AM)Foxka Wrote: I'm exploring a few ways to make voting easier for us, namely that sometimes things get lost until it gets brought back up. But right now I don't think voting is a problem for us unless it's a tie.
The TTT admins have been better since we added new ones. In the past some unbans would last almost a month before being fully voted on. That should never happen. Even if rarely.

I do think these new admin changes will help with the past long votes. I also agree with Nicky that there should be more communication for the long votes.

(06-11-2018, 01:04 PM)Dakota Wrote: We have the power to change people’s times. It’s !gtawards is the command
I guess I heard wrong. My mistake. But I do feel that mods should get this command. It will make things easier.
former admin2
Sadly we can't allow mods to have the power, because to change peoples time it gives you access to the entire plugin and could break the server/plugin if something is done wrong
(06-11-2018, 03:17 PM)Dakota Wrote: Sadly we can't allow mods to have the power, because to change peoples time it gives you access to the entire plugin and could break the server/plugin if something is done wrong
that's unfortunate.
former admin2
Thanks for bringing this stuff to the table, Deadpool. I'll address a few things:

I didn't really want to make Kody's demotion a big deal, which is why I haven't addressed it yet. I'll make a post addressing that soon. I've been kicking around what I want to do about the whole no co-owner situation.

Pretty much what Nicky said, removing it would be the only fix. I could try to contact the original coder, though.

Not sure what still needs to happen with the bullshite. I reduced the damage a while back before I went on vacation and also increased the recoil I believe? I wanted the weapon to still be effective granted its rarity but not OP. Let me know your ideas as to how this can be fixed.

Admins can actually already do this. Its a little different than other commands, though. They have to go to the gtawards menu by typing !gtawards, then go to the 'players' column and right click to change time.

Since I usually don't vote on stuff, I'll leave it to the admins to handle this one.

I'm really bad at myBB administration stuff, but I'll try to see if queef could help me out.
(06-11-2018, 04:03 PM)Dinkleberg > Wrote: Thanks for bringing this stuff to the table, Deadpool. I'll address a few things:

I didn't really want to make Kody's demotion a big deal, which is why I haven't addressed it yet. I'll make a post addressing that soon. I've been kicking around what I want to do about the whole no co-owner situation.

Pretty much what Nicky said, removing it would be the only fix. I could try to contact the original coder, though.

Not sure what still needs to happen with the bullshite. I reduced the damage a while back before I went on vacation and also increased the recoil I believe? I wanted the weapon to still be effective granted its rarity but not OP. Let me know your ideas as to how this can be fixed.

Admins can actually already do this. Its a little different than other commands, though. They have to go to the gtawards menu by typing !gtawards, then go to the 'players' column and right click to change time.

Since I usually don't vote on stuff, I'll leave it to the admins to handle this one.

I'm really bad at myBB administration stuff, but I'll try to see if queef could help me out.
The only suggestion I had which I believe I posted earlier is at least until you make up your mind with the co-owner situation make it so admins on all servers can promote and demote. That way we don't have to harass you about doing it! Its just something to think about.
[Image: giphy.gif]
#Traitor4phCo-Owner
(06-11-2018, 04:03 PM)Dinkleberg >:( Wrote: Not sure what still needs to happen with the bullshite. I reduced the damage a while back before I went on vacation and also increased the recoil I believe? I wanted the weapon to still be effective granted its rarity but not OP. Let me know your ideas as to how this can be fixed.
A revolver should not do 38 to the body at long range, just like the shotgun it is a short range weapon and it should be balanced as such. If you could make it so the weapon's damage fell off at a certain distance that would definitely be balanced.
just add more rounds with less time each round
If there is anything you wanna get on, make sure it's not my bad side.

[Image: cool-wallpapers-25185-3585291.jpg]