Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Address to PH Staff
(12-10-2018, 11:14 AM)Gabe Wrote:
(12-10-2018, 10:29 AM)Dinkleberg > Wrote: If anyone has any further questions/concerns regarding staff conduct please bring them up here and I'll address them. Thanks to everyone who has posted so far.

Yes hello, I have one small thing to add regarding this. I know this is very miniscule compared to everything else but if my memory does not fail me, I was on ph one time and I was instantly muted by a staff member for providing someone a link to a thread that they were having trouble finding on our forums.

I get the rule of "no advertising" and being told by that person "no links at all" afterwards, but does it really count if it's our own forums we're talking about? In my personal opinion it really doesn't as if anything it's advertising ourselves and doesn't harm anyone in a bad way.

I don't mean to start any drama with this or anything, just thought it could use some clarification for the future.
There should be no issue with “advertising” our own servers. Our forums, discord, and other game modes should not be muted. If it comes to the point that there is excessive posting or talk, such as spamming a staff app link or a player trying to convince players to play a different game mode multiple times, then request the player to stop. If they don’t, this can be considered general spam that is talking away from the gameplay. Remember that general conversation is fine, as both TTT and PH communities hold conversations in game not about the gameplay, but use discretion on what may be excessive.

Some notes for the PH staff - I have seen some immediate mutes/ gags on things like the general phrase “shut up” for disrespect. Most of the time this phrase does not warrant an immediate punishment. If the player is trolling/harassing or being overly rude it may warrant, but something like “hey shut up the detective is dead” wouldn’t be worth. 
There have also been some bans for racism or disrespect that are a strong reach on the definition. Dink has said his piece there.
(12-10-2018, 10:29 AM)Dinkleberg > Wrote: If anyone has any further questions/concerns regarding staff conduct please bring them up here and I'll address them. Thanks to everyone who has posted so far.

Yes hello, I have one small thing to add regarding this. I know this is very miniscule compared to everything else but if my memory does not fail me, I was on ph one time and I was instantly muted by a staff member for providing someone a link to a thread that they were having trouble finding on our forums.

I get the rule of "no advertising" and being told by that person "no links at all" afterwards, but does it really count if it's our own forums we're talking about? In my personal opinion it really doesn't as if anything it's advertising ourselves and doesn't harm anyone in a bad way.

I don't mean to start any drama with this or anything, just thought it could use some clarification for the future.

I know I’m not Dinkleberg but I remember CLEARLY when I was staff we established links directed to our forums and ONLY our forums and discord are okay. Any other link is frowned upon. 

@"Dinkleberg >:(" this is another issue I was with PH. There is little to no communication on rule updates and illegal spots updates and whatnot. I strongly believe who ever takes over the position(s) of PH Admin should be someone who when asked a question by one person, gives an answer to everyone (idk if that makes sense).
 I understand people have lives but this new admin(s) should be people that always keep people up to speed including in our forums. For instance I resigned over a month ago and the staff list still has me down as Trusted. We added new spots such and bitnanner and I Dont believe the map is on the illegal spots list yet when there are illegal spots on the map, I can name 3 off the top of my head.

Lastly, this is something I’ve been suggesting for a while, but I believe someone who gets accepted to a new rank should not be able to obtain that rank without the proper training. You can be accepted or approved by staff but the rank isn’t given to you until you go through some kind of training by a higher staff member such as a moderator or an admin (when we find one). 

An arguement against this idea is ‘Oh it’s going to be impossible to find a time that works for both the senior staff member and the new staff member’. Staff training’s should last no longer than 30 minutes. If they really want the position they will find time. And if a senior staff member can’t find the time to help the new staff member then they do not really care about the new staff member’s new role i the community.

This will lead them to have a full understanding of what to do rather than throwing them in the water without knowing how to swim. Staff members will say +1 you’re ready, but the new staff member don’t actually know what being a staff member entails until they actually obtain the rank. I remember my staff training was “read the rules” and I was like uh okay is that all I need and their reply was yes. So i read the rules but I still fucked up at times because there’s something’s that aren’t written in the rules which occurs that a staff member needs to know which can only be passed down trough experience (again idk if that makes sense). 

I hope you consider this suggestion to be taken more seriously, if you read every word of it, thank you. I apologize for the amount of words there are lmao.
[Image: Garry_s-Mod-4_27_2019-3_48_35-PM_Trim-_2_.gif]
I'm sorry if this is stupid to ask, but I've noticed that in some of the ban requests people hide in illegal spots to catch whoever cheating. If anyone else hid in an illegal spots they would be warned and be punished if they refused to move. I guess what I'm getting at is could you please clarify if there is ever an acceptable time for anyone to be hiding in an illegal spot.
[Image: J6yUs0g]
I'd also like to have a clarification on the team switching rules. When I was a Moderator we allowed people to swap on their first round. Which means whether it was the first round of the game or if they were 0-0. It was enforced by staff paying attention to who is leaving and coming back to be on the another team. I have heard so many different instances of this rule and would like to know what is an official ruling.
[Image: b_560x95.png][Image: clapclub.jpg?width=1202&height=519]
(12-10-2018, 01:08 PM)Midnight Wrote: Another concerning rules is ghosting oneself. I keep hearing do NOT ghost if you're the last prop alive OR you're allowed to ghost yourself whenever. This needs to be fixed. One staff member (which I won't name), follows the old rules back in 2017 or in the past years and this confuses either me or other veteran players.

I don't normally give away my position or what prop I am, this still confused me regarding to the rule.

This is another example of lack of communication between staff.

Traitor said it himself, you can ghost yourself while you are an alive prop (including self hints). False hints and ghosting other props regardless dead or alive is still against the rules.

This was covered a long time ago I don’t know why staff are still confused about it
[Image: Garry_s-Mod-4_27_2019-3_48_35-PM_Trim-_2_.gif]

Thanks for bringing this up. This is a prime example of what I'm trying to get at with this post. You should have never been muted in the first place because that's a dinklebergs link, but even if you put up a link that was something else you should have been warned and only muted if the behavior persisted. This is a prime example of staff members being too anxious to use their powers, and I want to see heavy  warning before punishment in this type of situation.

(12-10-2018, 12:08 PM)matt_st3 (Strongrule) Wrote:

There should be no issue with “advertising” our own servers. Our forums, discord, and other game modes should not be muted. If it comes to the point that there is excessive posting or talk, such as spamming a staff app link or a player trying to convince players to play a different game mode multiple times, then request the player to stop. If they don’t, this can be considered general spam that is talking away from the gameplay. Remember that general conversation is fine, as both TTT and PH communities hold conversations in game not about the gameplay, but use discretion on what may be excessive.

Some notes for the PH staff - I have seen some immediate mutes/ gags on things like the general phrase “shut up” for disrespect. Most of the time this phrase does not warrant an immediate punishment. If the player is trolling/harassing or being overly rude it may warrant, but something like “hey shut up the detective is dead” wouldn’t be worth. 
There have also been some bans for racism or disrespect that are a strong reach on the definition. Dink has said his piece there.
Regarding what Matt brought up in the last paragraph of his post, this is another big thing I'm getting at in this post. Phrases like "shut up" or even cuss words should be warned several times before commands are used on that person. We have rules that state that disrespect and things along those lines are punished with a verbal warning and then a mute/gag, so let's start enforcing the rules as they are written. And yes, I've already touched on the whole racism thing, let's just sorta try to take a step back and warn more often than punish when it comes to what people say.

(12-10-2018, 12:24 PM)happy Wrote: I'm sorry if this is stupid to ask, but I've noticed that in some of the ban requests people hide in illegal spots to catch whoever cheating. If anyone else hid in an illegal spots they would be warned and be punished if they refused to move. I guess what I'm getting at is could you please clarify if there is ever an acceptable time for anyone to be hiding in an illegal spot.

This is not stupid to ask, and I don't see it as appropriate for staff to be hiding in illegal spots. Aimbots should be pretty obvious, and that's about the only time I'd see that as relevant.

(12-10-2018, 12:58 PM)[Yellow] Travis1421 Wrote: I'd also like to have a clarification on the team switching rules. When I was a Moderator we allowed people to swap on their first round. Which means whether it was the first round of the game or if they were 0-0. It was enforced by staff paying attention to who is leaving and coming back to be on the another team. I have heard so many different instances of this rule and would like to know what is an official ruling.

Thanks for bringing this up Travis. I think that team switching should be something we look for excessively, but someone doing it once isn't a huge deal. For instance, someone joining the server and wanting to switch teams after more people to join to be with their friend is fine. What's not fine is someone constantly switching teams to get to play as props over and over again. This is why the rule exists. This is a rule that requires a bit of staff discretion, but I'd say the main thing would be to look for it in excess. If someone just simply switches once and it's not an issue, let it slide. Try to apply the "chill" overtone to this rules' enforcement, and only step in when it becomes an issue.

(12-10-2018, 01:08 PM)Midnight Wrote: Another concerning rules is ghosting oneself. I keep hearing do NOT ghost if you're the last prop alive OR you're allowed to ghost yourself whenever. This needs to be fixed. One staff member (which I won't name), follows the old rules back in 2017 or in the past years and this confuses either me or other veteran players.

I don't normally give away my position or what prop I am, this still confused me regarding to the rule.

Yes, as potato said, there's no reason people aren't allowed to ghost themselves. Stupid, yes, but some people will try to find any way to bend the rules that they can. One thing to look out for is people who go hide with someone else and ghost their spots together, this would be considered ghosting another player and would be punishable.

Sorry these posts are super long and wordy, but a lot of concerns and questions are getting addressed in single posts. All PH staff members please be sure to take the time to look through these posts.
I'd also like to ask a question regarding donors. It hasn't happened in a long time but at times, I've been on server as a donor and am just playing and minding my own business when someone who is obviously trolling comes on or is mic spamming. With there being a staff member on, I'm not allowed to take action. I just wanna know if it's bad if a donor does take action if the staff member isn't actually handling the situation? And if so, how exactly can that situation be handled with the staff member not doing their job? Like most people I'm not always recording so I can't catch this type of thing on video and I'll have no proof if it all happens in VC.
[Image: b_560x95.png][Image: clapclub.jpg?width=1202&height=519]
Okay, so from reading all of this, I can pretty much go back to staffing how I was when I first started, with multiple warnings, then actions. I used to heavily do that because it's what I was taught to do on Sona. Shanklette is an example of how I staff.
I'd love to suggest we implement the warning system, as it'll help bring about the kind of environment it seems you're wanting to creating. It brings up a pop up warning on the players screen so they cannot say that they were not warned. With this also comes a log of the staff member who sent the warning, and what the warning was for admin/owner to check. This became a huge help over on the past two servers where I staffed, as it kept things lax, as you had a visible control over who was and wasn't being too strict or causing issues on the server/etc.
I'd also like to suggest what others said, about physically updating the rules list, have it say things like warn first, action after. Chances to be given, are the reason players come back.
Thanks for addressing all this stuff Dink. I am really appreciative of the relaxed rules because it reminds me of when I first joined in January and would like others to have the best experience on server as possible.

I just got off the phone with chief and he said this right here is it 
Can we have someone who's primary focus is to keep PH forums up to date? I believe it will help to resolve many communication issues we are having not only among staff but with the players as well.

I know for me at least, it's easier to jump on forums with my phone and look at up dates than wait till I get to my PC to look in staff chat for updates. (Discord and my phone do not agree.)