Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
DR map exploit megathread
If you know of any game breaking exploits in a map, post it here, and I’ll do my best to fix them and pitch the fixed map to dink.
          [Image: b_560x95.png]

[Image: 76561198309335191.png]
Its not much the exploiting that bothers me its the Jet pack. Is there anyway u can try to lower the Jump so that people dont abuse it. And it will make the game a lot more fun if there not Jumping over every single Trap
Ingame Names 
Sharky / [Red]Sharky / Hysender / Wizard
Apple a Day keeps Mother Nuru Away 
Resigned 
Deathrun - PropHunt - Murder Staff member
(02-26-2019, 02:05 PM)Sharky Wrote: Its not much the exploiting that bothers me its the Jet pack. Is there anyway u can try to lower the Jump so that people dont abuse it. And it will make the game a lot more fun if there not Jumping over every single Trap

Only Dink can mess with the jump pack. Reed can try to fix exploiting within maps and suggest things to Dink, but that's about it.
(02-26-2019, 02:13 PM)Laced Xanax Wrote:
(02-26-2019, 02:05 PM)Sharky Wrote: Its not much the exploiting that bothers me its the Jet pack. Is there anyway u can try to lower the Jump so that people dont abuse it. And it will make the game a lot more fun if there not Jumping over every single Trap

Only Dink can mess with the jump pack. Reed can try to fix exploiting within maps and suggest things to Dink, but that's about it.

I only said that because he said he was gonna pitch the stuff to Dink
Ingame Names 
Sharky / [Red]Sharky / Hysender / Wizard
Apple a Day keeps Mother Nuru Away 
Resigned 
Deathrun - PropHunt - Murder Staff member
There need to be invisible walls around the traps because with the jet pack I can literally hop over the ones that don't and easily find my way out of map on several maps that have step like walls. It was still pretty easy without the jetpack as well.
[Image: Nicol_dumb.jpg]
Nothing happened here.
(02-26-2019, 02:27 PM)JustKuono Wrote: There need to be invisible walls around the traps because with the jet pack I can literally hop over the ones that don't and easily find my way out of map on several maps that have step like walls. It was still pretty easy without the jetpack as well.

Every map for dr is like 4+ years old, the map makers probably forgot about them because the gamemode is so old, they didn’t bother to add clip brushes
          [Image: b_560x95.png]

[Image: 76561198309335191.png]
I'm saying this from past experience, so I have no idea if the exploits that I know of are still possible or are possible on this server.
deathrun_hot_desert_v9: With low gravity, you can skip the entire map by jumping on the death's invisible wall (past servers had !rtd, which gave low gravity, I don't know if this server has it or not.)
deathrun_helix_b8: People can get the weapon for old school and shoot the deaths without actually going through the teleporter. One person can pick old school, then another person picks Bhop, The runner who picked old school gets stuck inside of the Deaths and he can shoot them down with ease.
deathrun_poker_final5: One person can pick the sniping minigame, then another person picks Bhop, The runner who picked the sniping minigame gets stuck inside of the Deaths and he can shoot them down with ease. People can jump straight to the sniping minigame (this might not be possible on this server if it doesn't have increased HP/HP regen)
deathrun_iceworld_v2fix: The entire map, it's shit (please note this was a joke)
deathrun_holyshit_final: the secret stick isn't supposed to make you fly.

Now there are two maps that I know there are exploits on it but I can't remember what exactly it was said maps are:
deathrun_family_guy
deathrun_simpsons_finalfix: (there is also a speed exploit on this map, but I don't know if you guys care about that or not.)

Speed boosts (as mentioned, don't know if you guys care about this or not, some servers do and some don't, but I ma just put them out there anyways)
deathrun_simpsons_finalfix: Flame trap gives you speed.
deathrun_poker_final5: the 1st trap can give you speed if you time it right.
deathrun_tropical_island_final: The trap with the falling roof(?) can give you speed.
deathrun_helix_b8: The fucking bird blows you to hell. (aka it gives you speed)

Now for somethings I ought to point out cuz in rare cases servers consider this an exploit:
deathrun_cb_egypt_v1: You can skip the 3rd(? it's the fire trap) by jumping over the spikes in the middle, you take damage tho)
deathrun_tp_perlocate_oreo: with enough speed, you can skip the trap with the x and the one with the tube.
deathrun_iceworld_v2fix: the entire map.(joke)

Again, some of these exploits might not be possible on this server, as I don't know this server's DR that much, Hell I think I have more time on TTT than I do on DR.
The smol an frigil coffee addict
[Image: 86a906c81529bb510b2cfb0162a3035c.png] [Image: 83315f5c55d2650bb8f111e855b7c85c.png]
Going to bump this as I can fix some exploits by placing a kill zone for a specific team, or both teams. Like the one on the pool map where both teams can just jump over a wall, now you will be killed for attempting to jump over it. Most of the exploits that I've said in my previous post aren't a thing.
The smol an frigil coffee addict
[Image: 86a906c81529bb510b2cfb0162a3035c.png] [Image: 83315f5c55d2650bb8f111e855b7c85c.png]