Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Resigned Rank
What if we created a 'resigned' rank for the past staff who resigned and had a role building our community. This rank would be seen on our forums or on discord. The purpose of this rank is for recognition. 
I think staff member who works their way from trusted, tmod, then moderator only to resign back down to member/donor deserves some kind of recognition for their work. 

What color would it be?
Idk something not ugly. 

Would former PH Staff and former TTT Staff (and murder and deathrun and even RP) all fall under the same resigned rank? 
Yes (ex. All resigned staff would have a simple 'Resigned' tag), unless the admins want to make it more complex and make separate resigned ranks for the server you staffed on (ex. Laced Xanax would have a 'Resigned TTT Staff' and HalfDemonLink would have 'Resigned PH Staff'). 

What about demoted or inactive staff? 
If your rank was stripped because you were demoted, for any reason, you did not resign and should not get the rank. 

This rank will be shown on our forums / discord, what about the servers?
I would think that the rank would stay within our forums and discord. But if the upper staff want to connect this onto our server, the resigned rank could have no powers included or have donor powers included. I don't know if that suggestion was a bad one. (Now that I'm thinking of it, I don't think that should happen.)

Other than recognition, what else can come with this?
Possibly their own discord channel that can be made so ONLY resigned staff can get into. No staff members can get in, no donors-only can get in, only those with the resigned rank.

I may be wrong, maybe we don't need this and the current resigned staff don't care.¯\_(ツ)_/¯
[Image: Garry_s-Mod-4_27_2019-3_48_35-PM_Trim-_2_.gif]
This?

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Matt_St3 / Strongrule / Spartan001295
Forum Admin - Resigned TTT Admin
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
[00:04] matt_st3 (Strongrule) [traitor] has damaged Taliban Tom [detective] for 4.9999999349555e+14 HP with an unknown weapon
Ye, we just changed their titles to "Resigned Staff Member". Not sure we need to do anything beyond that.
If you have any questions regarding the server rules or anything else, send me a forum PM.
Resigned TTT & Deathrun Admin.
[Image: 1199184.png]
(04-22-2019, 11:02 AM)Mr.Potato Wrote: Would former PH Staff and former TTT Staff (and murder and deathrun and even RP) all fall under the same resigned rank? 
Yes (ex. All resigned staff would have a simple 'Resigned' tag), unless the admins want to make it more complex and make separate resigned ranks for the server you staffed on (ex. Laced Xanax would have a 'Resigned TTT Staff' and HalfDemonLink would have 'Resigned PH Staff'). 
I think the "Resigned Staff Member" title is enough, no need to complicate things by adding specific servers. Also making a separate rank on the forums would probably be hard given that the forums has the security of a military base.
(04-22-2019, 11:02 AM)Mr.Potato Wrote: What about demoted or inactive staff? 
If your rank was stripped because you were demoted, for any reason, you did not resign and should not get the rank. 
I agree, if you get demoted you should not get this rank. Maybe if there was a situation where someone was on the verge of demotion and resigned right before then that can be evaluated case by case.
(04-22-2019, 11:02 AM)Mr.Potato Wrote: This rank will be shown on our forums / discord, what about the servers?
I would think that the rank would stay within our forums and discord. But if the upper staff want to connect this onto our server, the resigned rank could have no powers included or have donor powers included. I don't know if that suggestion was a bad one. (Now that I'm thinking of it, I don't think that should happen.)
I don't think it needs to go farther than the forums and maybe discord can be added. It doesn't seem necessary or any reason to add it to the server.  I don't think giving powers would be a good idea, like you said, probably shouldn't happen.
(04-22-2019, 11:02 AM)Mr.Potato Wrote: Other than recognition, what else can come with this?
Possibly their own discord channel that can be made so ONLY resigned staff can get into. No staff members can get in, no donors-only can get in, only those with the resigned rank.
Being honest here, I think this is useless and will never be used. Especially if only resigned staff can get into it.
ok
i dumb
[Image: Garry_s-Mod-4_27_2019-3_48_35-PM_Trim-_2_.gif]
wait then can one of you change mine from weebtrash to Resigned Staff please T.T
[Image: J6yUs0g]
I'm honored that I'm being used as an example.

Yea, I don't really see the use for this aside from maybe in the Discord server as a rank.

Even then, I don't really see a point. I, for one, don't really care about being recognized as resigned staff. The way I see it, I did what I signed up to do, things got bad, I leave because things bad, I normal player again.
Game is rigged
We're just a giant ass
Cheeks are made of children
Old was just a fad
Shit on all the billions
I was a TMod and tried to accomplish a lot in my opinion, so the whole only mod thing doesn’t seem fair to me. Maybe the role should be for people in particular who made a mark on the community, despite the rank. I’d say maybe a discord role would be cool, but I’m happy with what I’ve got. I knew what stepping down and resigning would do and I accepted it
[Image: image0.png]
2x TTT Admin
ヽ༼ຈل͜ຈ༽ノ raise your dongers
Obi Wan had a title of Inactive.
[Image: ?imw=5000&imh=5000&ima=fit&impolicy=Lett...rbox=false]

Groovy