Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Admins Editing People's Messages
As proven in the last unban request, there will need to be a lot more than changing a shoutbox message to I’m gay evidence for that

Matt_St3 / Strongrule / Spartan001295
Forum Admin - Resigned TTT Admin
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
[00:04] matt_st3 (Strongrule) [traitor] has damaged Taliban Tom [detective] for 4.9999999349555e+14 HP with an unknown weapon
I deactivated the shout box for now until we come to a decision on whats gonna happen
(05-15-2019, 05:40 PM)matt_st3 (Strongrule) Wrote: As proven in the last unban request, there will need to be a lot more than changing a shoutbox message to I’m gay evidence for that

if its the same person causing every controversy then that should be more than enough, to be fair
We're just a giant ass
Cheeks are made of children
Old was just a fad
Shit on all the billions
What is really concerning to me is that all the admins have been asked if they edited my shoutbox message. Every admin from TTT, PH, DR, and Murder denied editing my message. To repeat myself, every single admin denied editing my message. Editing my message is not enough to warrant a demotion, buy lying to the community about doing it is an offense that warrants a demotion. One of the admins is lying about editing my message. This is unacceptable and unbecoming of a staff member in this community. 

While currently, I have no proof of who did this; I do have a suspect. I will not name this individual due to the lack of evidence. I have based my suspicion on this individual aggressiveness when asked about the topic, and their past history of editing shoutbox messages. I am currently doing some testing to see if it is possible to figure out who edited the message based on the time it was edited and the users on the forum at the time. Luckily, preliminary tests look promising.

I do have screenshots of all the admins denying editing my message, I won’t post them here to respect their privacy. 

To who edited my message: Come clean now, before someone figure it out.

EDIT: Please see my follow up post, it clarifies the intentions of this one. Also shoutout to Matt and Gabe for helping me out looking to see if any of this has been logged anywhere. You guys rock!
Tedgp, this isn’t a hostage scenario. Shit happens. I think since it was so minor it should be forgiven. The admin wouldn’t hve lied to the community, they would have simply lied to you which I don’t blame them for considering the likelihood of you just calling them out on the forums. Cut them some slack, this isn’t some mass conspiracy that the admins aren’t putting words in our mouths. I’m not disregarding the importance of the matter, I just think it doesn’t need to be so dramatic. Like you’re my boy ted but this seems over the top
(05-15-2019, 11:38 PM)nevo-iwnl- Wrote: Tedgp, this isn’t a hostage scenario. Shit happens. I think since it was so minor it should be forgiven. The admin wouldn’t hve lied to the community, they would have simply lied to you which I don’t blame them for considering the likelihood of you just calling them out on the forums. Cut them some slack, this isn’t some mass conspiracy that the admins aren’t putting words in our mouths.

I don’t think this is a big conspiracy either. I was originally concerned about the fact that these edits are not logged. That issue was solved thanks to Dakota. When I asked all the admin staff if I edited I assured them that I wasn’t going after their rank, one message edit is far form warranting a demotion. I see no reason they would lie to me. When an admin makes a decision to use their powers the person it effects should always know what they were used. This is why we have ban reason, slay reasons, and why the admins say why staff application are denied. If an admin is to scared to tell someone why they punished them they should be a should not be admin.
But you forget that not owing up to your wrongdoings with small shit can quickly lead to not owing up to major shit. Not to mention this is a COMMUNITY LEADER abusing their power for something childish and just retarded. Ted has EVERY right to be angry over this. All he asked is for the person responsible to owe up to it and all would be forgiven and forgotten. Yet the person refused to say it and now we deal with the fact that there is a COMMUNITY LEADER who abused their power and thinks that they can get away with it.

Come out you wankstain. I also have pretty good idea of whom it is. A demotion to mod would be appropriate. Or worse. Power abuse should be cracked down on HARD.
Resigned Staff since 03-26-2018.
(05-15-2019, 11:23 PM)Tedgp908 >:( Wrote: What is really concerning to me is that all the admins have been asked if they edited my shoutbox message. Every admin from TTT, PH, DR, and Murder denied editing my message. To repeat myself, every single admin denied editing my message. Editing my message is not enough to warrant a demotion, buy lying to the community about doing it is an offense that warrants a demotion. One of the admins is lying about editing my message. This is unacceptable and unbecoming of a staff member in this community. 

While currently, I have no proof of who did this; I do have a suspect. I will not name this individual due to the lack of evidence. I have based my suspicion on this individual aggressiveness when asked about the topic, and their past history of editing shoutbox messages. I am currently doing some testing to see if it is possible to figure out who edited the message based on the time it was edited and the users on the forum at the time. Luckily, preliminary tests look promising.

I do have screenshots of all the admins denying editing my message, I won’t post them here to respect their privacy. 

To who edited my message: Come clean now, before someone figure it out.

EDIT: Please see my follow up post, it clarifies the intentions of this one. Also shoutout to Matt and Gabe for helping me out looking to see if any of this has been logged anywhere. You guys rock!

I can only assume I'm your suspect.

Exactly what reason would I have to edit your message and then lie about it? I have made it clear I have a pretty full schedule in RL I don't have the time nor do i care to change a single msg by you in a shoutbox, now yes I did change nopleez's msgs i admit that because he's constantly targeting me and I blew off some steam. My "aggressiveness" as you call it was due to the fact I was pinged a couple times and being accused of it while i was at work and already not having the greatest of days.

Whether or not you all believe me is up to you I guess.
[Image: Untitled-1.jpg]
As long as the shoutbox was removed I see no reason to do a witch hunt. Somebody made a mistake, we all do it. Yes they aren't owning up to it however as it was something minor this time its best to not overreact and if it consistently does happen to then do witch hunting.
The local Sega & Sonic fanatic.
[Image: JCMB8GH.jpeg]
Also, the reason nopleezs messages were edited by scoovie to begin with is because they were a bunch of end game spoilers. And I know because I was the one who alerted the higher ups.