Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
1 RDM = 1 Slay [JK]
Hello Dinkleberg's TTT players and staff,

I'd like to preface this by saying this is not a thread to argue with me about this, this is simply a further explanation because there seems to be a lot of confusion about why a rule change is taking place today.

The only time I ever intended for a player to be able to be slain twice is when he/she intentionally RDM's his/her T buddy. This rule was heavily misunderstood by the staff team, and somehow got worked into our staff guidelines as 2-slay punishments for things other than what I have intended.

There will no longer be any 2-slay punishments of any sort. 1 RDM = 1 slay.

Here's why the change is occurring:

1) Intentional T on T RDM should be something that is very rare. Many T on T cases that were handed 2 slays in the past were likely unintentional. Consistent RDM is already something we ban for, and if someone is consistently RDMing their T buddies I believe that staff can handle this as it occurs.

2) Subjectivity. It's much easier for the staff as a group to follow one specific rule rather than having rules that apply to specific situations. This is the main reason that I believe this rule got bent so heavily out of shape from what I had intended it to be. Situational rules can also make it seem to new players that staff are picking favorites or protecting friends in certain situations.

And that's pretty much it. Don't know why this became such a huge deal, but wanted to clear this up.

[EDIT] A good leader can admit when he has messed up, and I think I jumped the gun a bit here. While I'm really frustrated at the way my rule got bent and misunderstood, I remember how confusing of a rule it was to enforce and how staff were frequently unsure on whether someone should be slain twice or not.

And honestly... Fuck those people that come in and ruin the game for our players, and I don't want them to feel excused for their behavior at all. 

For now, continue enforcing the Intentional T on T RDM rule as you have been, but please avoid from putting 2 slays on a player in any other situation. Once I solidify the warning system a bit and outline how it will work, I may change the way this rule works a bit.