Thread Rating:
  • 20 Vote(s) - 1.65 Average
Addressing Toxicity in the Community
(08-25-2019, 03:55 PM)Penguinslayer4 Wrote:
(08-25-2019, 03:08 PM)§6SEMBER_UNO Wrote: Since were digging up discord trash here's some highlights from queef. Some examples of attacking people, bigotry, toxicity, trolling, harassment and @spamming. If you want to be this shining beacon of progress then practice what you preach. Its easy enough to make anyone look like the bad guy out of context but then again does context matter?

[Image: queef.jpg]

I dont give AF if this is satire or joking around. Its not ok to call another member a Odd Fellow. Its not ok to tell people to kill themselves. You want to cut down on toxicity? Then dont be part of the problem.

I'm not really sure why you're only attacking Queef. He isn't the only admin who would have voted on this decision. He's simply the one who was given the job of making the formal announcement.

Like I get that those things shouldn't be said, but it's like you're trying to shoot the messenger

He's not the messenger if he was integral in making such an overreaching, heavy handed decision. I know it isn't just him alone, but being one of the people who is in charge of such decisions he is not just a "messenger" in this case. But he isn't the only one involed either
[Image: frieren-fall-winter.jpeg]
(08-25-2019, 04:04 PM)§6SEMBER_UNO Wrote: Queef made the post thus "evidence" was gathered on him. It wasn't specifically to put him on blast but to point out the hypocrisy among staff standards specifically in the TTT community. As a whole TTT is toxic and more often than not this toxicity is birth from staff. It's about respect and as far as I can see there is very little of that. Jokingly calling players gay is the norm, staff literally invite a trolling atmosphere through their conduct.

Y'all seem to keep glossing over and ignoring this section here:

"Besides the evidence of toxicity here there is more that cannot be shown. Some evidence involves users who we hoped to keep anonymous to Protect them from backlash."

This is literally stating this isn't the only shit that happened that lead them to this decision. And this backlash towards them is exactly why they can't show everything cause y'all would do the same thing to those who talked to the admins about these users. If you haven't been someone who's been targeted or harassed it's harder to understand why they came to this decision due to not understanding the severity of the situation. You don't notice all the times an admin has to post someone response to a staff app or an unban request cause someone who's being targeted by someone is scared they will be ganged up on, as was proven by the section where Avi was ganged up on for having an opinion different than theirs. Normally people don't notice the harassment or targeting unless someone shows you or you are the target.

Also, part of the people who got a community ban were staff, it wasn't just users.

And I'm not saying admins shouldn't be held to the same standard as players and lower ranked staff. I'm saying you need to look at the big picture and actually look at the whole post instead of just the parts you don't like.
I get that as the face of this post I'm going to take the lion's share of the blame even if I didn't originate the idea of this. and didn't do it on my own. But that's fine since I've been blamed for most things on the server ever since Rippe broke everything back in the day.

I guess I'll respond to that post though. I don't really understand what most of those images are supposed to prove.

[Image: dCJbr9R.png]
I'll single these out as being the only ones with a valid criticism. For ones where I say Odd Fellow, that was at a time in the server where the word was allowed and freely used on all platforms by staff and the community alike. The culture was toxic at the time by today's standards. The rule at the time was basically "say whatever you want until someone tells you to stop". You'll notice I haven't said the word in over a year, because things changed. Rules changed and I grew up. The image on the right is me harassing foxka but that was at the time when the discord wasn't such a public space and was more a small group playing together. You'll note foxka, the target, was also making similar memes at the same time: https://i.imgur.com/QSFfJf5.png. The things joking about suicide are not okay. At the time it didn't seem such a big deal to joke about suicide (/r/me_irl) at least when joking with someone of stable mind. Again, have not made such jokes since.
[Image: iOq71ag.jpg]
(08-25-2019, 04:17 PM)Penguinslayer4 Wrote:
(08-25-2019, 04:04 PM)§6SEMBER_UNO Wrote: Queef made the post thus "evidence" was gathered on him. It wasn't specifically to put him on blast but to point out the hypocrisy among staff standards specifically in the TTT community. As a whole TTT is toxic and more often than not this toxicity is birth from staff. It's about respect and as far as I can see there is very little of that. Jokingly calling players gay is the norm, staff literally invite a trolling atmosphere through their conduct.

"Besides the evidence of toxicity here there is more that cannot be shown. Some evidence involves users who we hoped to keep anonymous to Protect them from backlash."

This is literally stating this isn't the only shit that happened that lead them to this decision. And this backlash towards them is exactly why they can't show everything cause y'all would do the same thing to those who talked to the admins about these users. If you haven't been someone who's been targeted or harassed it's harder to understand why they came to this decision due to not understanding the severity of the situation. You don't notice all the times an admin has to post someone response to a staff app or an unban request cause someone who's being targeted by someone is scared they will be ganged up on, as was proven by the section where Avi was ganged up on for having an opinion different than theirs. Normally people don't notice the harassment or targeting unless someone shows you or you are the target.

Also, part of the people who got a community ban were staff, it wasn't just users.

And I'm not saying admins shouldn't be held to the same standard as players and lower ranked staff. I'm saying you need to look at the big picture and actually look at the whole post instead of just the parts you don't like.

The problem with that is that the evidence provided was mostly from another discord and didn't show anything community ban worthy, demote worthy? Maybe.
[Image: Untitled-1.jpg]
Rippe got them banned
[Image: IMG_1792.png?ex=65dbf028&is=65c97b28&hm=...height=620]
Keep me out of this ty
We're just a giant ass
Cheeks are made of children
Old was just a fad
Shit on all the billions

Okay, so ban someone for ganging up on someone else on that decision and say that's why the person was banned if that's the real reason instead of reaping someone's personal discord for the "evidence" shown here. I'd rather see the admins say "hey, we banned person or people for ganging up on a person and for both parties' protection, we're not showing the full extent" than "Here's some random screenshots of these people talking shit on a personal discord, that's your evidence"
[Image: frieren-fall-winter.jpeg]

Besides the evidence of toxicity I provided there is more that I cannot show. I have a life and wont sit here all day pulling up staff discord messages. Hell it took queef a year and change to finally get the "evidence" he needed. I'm not about that life. What I am about is consistency. You can't in good conscious ban someone for a offence you yourself are guilty of. If this were my server and I saw this thread I would probably fire every staff member and start over. I really don't think that this is how Dink wants his server ran and if it is.....my stay here will be short as well.

I have no bias for the people that got banned, I could personally care less.
I have no bias for queef, I don't even know him nor ever talked to him.
Regardless of your outlook on the situation it is obvious this is not a useful thread any longer. When things are less heated this thread may be reopened.
[Image: iOq71ag.jpg]
[Verse 1]
Somebody once told me the world is gonna roll me
I ain't the sharpest tool in the shed
She was looking kind of dumb with her finger and her thumb
In the shape of an "L" on her forehead

[Pre-Chorus]
Well, the years start coming and they don't stop coming
Fed to the rules and I hit the ground running
Didn't make sense not to live for fun
Your brain gets smart but your head gets dumb
So much to do, so much to see
So what's wrong with taking the backstreets?
You'll never know if you don't go
You'll never shine if you don't glow

[Chorus]
Hey now, you're an all star
Get your game on, go play
Hey now, you're a rock star
Get the show on, get paid
And all that glitters is gold
Only shooting stars break the mold

[Verse 2]
It's a cool place, and they say it gets colder
You're bundled up now, wait 'til you get older
But the meteor men beg to differ
Judging by the hole in the satellite picture
The ice we skate is getting pretty thin
The water's getting warm so you might as well swim
My world's on fire, how 'bout yours?
That's the way I like it and I'll never get bored

[Chorus]
All that glitters is gold

[Interlude]
Go for the moon
Go for the moon
Go for the moon
Go for the moon

[Chorus]
Only shooting stars

[Verse 3]
Somebody once asked, “could I spare some change for gas?
I need to get myself away from this place"
I said, "Yep, what a concept
I could use a little fuel myself and we could all use a little change"

[Pre-Chorus]
Well, the years start coming and they don't stop coming
Fed to the rules and I hit the ground running
Didn't make sense not to live for fun
Your brain gets smart but your head gets dumb
So much to do, so much to see
So what's wrong with taking the backstreets?
You'll never know if you don't go (Go!)
You'll never shine if you don't glow

[Chorus]

[Outro]