Thread Rating:
  • 20 Vote(s) - 1.65 Average
Addressing Toxicity in the Community
Is this supposed to help the community ???

Btw you guys need a new mod ? i would be glad fill that position
[Image: IMG_1792.png?ex=65dbf028&is=65c97b28&hm=...height=620]
I think permanent community bans is a little extreme for some of these people to have been given instead of demotions / temp bans, if I'm being perfectly honest, especially since most of these screenshots come from someone else's discord that isnt the dinks community discord. But that ain't my place to judge I suppose
We're just a giant ass
Cheeks are made of children
Old was just a fad
Shit on all the billions
The hypocrisy is real, that is all. Back to being dead.
[Image: Untitled-1.jpg]
(08-25-2019, 03:29 AM)Scoovie Wrote: The hypocrisy is real, that is all. Back to being dead.

Also, interesting timing how this occurred when there's 1 active admin on each server and not the full lineup
[Image: frieren-fall-winter.jpeg]
TBF that whole 10 hr/2 weeks or votes don't count crap is not followed. I mean there was that thing with a certain unban vote that was rigged ;)

I also find it funny this was posted 2 hrs ago, so late at night
[Image: Untitled-1.jpg]
woah woah woah......come on guys don't argue with the Admins they know whats best
[Image: IMG_1792.png?ex=65dbf028&is=65c97b28&hm=...height=620]
Yes, this shows proof of several individuals doing questionable things; do you know what I don't see? Evidence of ANY staff member reaching out to each individual to try and correct the problem before it reached this stage. This is an execution of commonly known players. Don't get me wrong, I don't particularity get along with all those accused but there should still be evidence that the individuals were counseled and they understood the situation. 

Now, if there is evidence that all these individuals being punished had been given a sufficient number of warnings for their specific violations or whatever you so desire to call it; then I can understand this punishment. Yes, they're able to apply to be community unbanned on X date but after a display like this it's obvious that the point is to keep these people away permanently. 

A point was made how some of these conversations happened outside of Dinks community
(meaning in other discords), people are free to speak their minds. So what if someone doesn't like Dink? or how he handles his server. 
What you've now done is created a fear for other players that they can't speak negatively about Dink or the server. Honestly, there's plenty of bad things about the server. Why? It's run by humans and they make mistakes and have not only good personalities but piss poor personalities too. 

Going ENTIRELY off what is presented here, I believe this situation was handled wrong.

Don't get me wrong, I'm not saying what each person has done is/was right. 
What I'm saying is that this whole situation could've been prevented or handled on a lower level. 

I hope you all have a good day/week/month I will now go back to being the dead. 
^ I'm not even part of this community, but what this guy said makes perfect sense.
This is going to drive away people because what you’ve done is basically take away the basics of Dink’s. There has always been drama, always. There still will be drama after this is done, in fact this is even causing drama because of who and what was done. That one post rits did was a defense post on a person. It’s what happens here.

Basically what I’m trying to say is this. If you’re going to community ban people based on drama starting... you better ban everyone in this post too. They’re slightly starting drama now, so you gotta ban them, including me.

Y’all stay classy then.
[Image: b_560x95.png]
so this is gonna help the community right?