Thread Rating:
  • 20 Vote(s) - 1.65 Average
Addressing Toxicity in the Community
Hey errbody, Renzo here. Can I place my input on all of this?

What I've seen so far from all of this is people's opinions on what has happened so far. A lot of you are outraged by this decision from the upper staff, and you have the right to. Now, do I think that this community ban was fair and justified? Maybe, it depends on the other "evidence" that was redacted from this post. I don't have the full story and I don't pretend to know everything, except from what I have in-front of me. Now, I know that some of you know me and some here have no fucking clue who I am. I'm a veteran member of this community and have been here since 2017. From the time I started here in this community, it was great, active members, staff and even Dink was on time to time to help out. Since my absence a year ago for joining the Air Force, I come back to a literal shit show. Before I left a year ago, there was a rise in toxic players and even staff. I'm not going to say names but what I can tell you is that it hasn't gotten better since I came back. Only worse.

Now this is just my opinion. But from what I can gather from the evidence from this post is that opinions were taken from private Discords. Now, policing other people's private Discords is not cool cause we're not the CIA or the NSA tapping your phone. People should have the right to express there opinion freely in private. This was not the case. As for the toxic behavior, like I said, it has gotten worse. A lot of favoritism has been given either to senior players, former staff and just general little cliques that I have seen since my return. This as well is neither ok, or should be tolerated. I've seen harassment of other players and even some staff. We're all here to have fun and to entertain ourselves. To get away from life's bullshit and have fun "playing a game". The fact that people have to bring there life problems into this community and into the game is just destructive to other people who just want to relax and play. In the end of it all, this was not the case. I'm not taking anyone's side on this, but we are all guilty of taking a situation, conversation, or actions a bit to far. We've all done it. Including myself.

Looking back on some of my actions and things I've said to some of the people in this community, I could've handled better. After all, staff have to set the example for the community because we hold the keys to the gates of hell. Once we open those gates ourselves, we're no better than the toxic players that we swore to keep in check. This situation in its entirety could have been handled better, I don't know all of the information behind the scenes if any of these players were either talked to beforehand. But what I do know is common sense, if you have a situation or disagreement with someone, you get there opinion on the matter and you work it out together. If that fails, then you bring the issue to your superior and weigh the options and reach a consensus.

To wrap up my shitty post, I leave you all with this. The toxic behavior I've seen from everyone will not go unnoticed. We all need to not drag our personal shit into this community. After all, it's a fucking game. Lets not make this into a Jersey Shore reality TV show (Yeah I went there, and that show is terrible. So is this drama).
[Image: nXzQb2c.jpg]
I emerge from my hermit cave to bring a message.

"Ritsuneru: Yall got rippe'd"

P.s. feel free to shoot the messenger
(08-25-2019, 08:42 AM)Mr.Potato Wrote: If I’m being real, now I feel like I will receive a demotion if I say the wrong thing, no matter what discord I’m in.
Said it well enough.
[Image: b_560x95.png]
im gonna miss you alll
[Image: q0SdkAI6QPaeF9Oi-uqjbA.png]

[Image: NcxeGyl-THSvKxgssH34Pg.png]
(08-25-2019, 11:41 AM)daeganislegit Wrote: im gonna miss you alll

Love you, little guy. I'll miss you too, hmu on discord sometime
(08-25-2019, 11:31 AM)Proper Wrote: Honestly I’m just confused on why I’m not banned.

Like I literally went out of my way to  harass someone and intentionally cause a problem so they would be community banned. But y’all banned TDawg.

^ Literally what I was saying. Admins, whether you accept this or not. You banned the wrong people. Hence why I continuously said nuru was baited for my ban for "racism" towards lycan. You guys seriously need to re evaluate this mess.
No offense but if you’re going to show “proof” then I would like to see the entire convo that occurred instead of throwing snips of what one person said. What was give isn’t entirely proof as we do not know what was said previously to these comments being made.
(08-25-2019, 08:42 AM)Mr.Potato Wrote: If I’m being real, now I feel like I will receive a demotion if I say the wrong thing, no matter what discord I’m in.

Well that's easy then, it would seem. Just only use The Official Dinkleberg's Discord and keep all communication public.

If you have nothing to hide, you have nothing to fear, it would seem.
[Image: 39wzdm.jpg]
(08-25-2019, 11:41 AM)daeganislegit Wrote: im gonna miss you alll

I’m gonna miss you too my boy
[Image: I_dont_think_so.png]
(08-25-2019, 11:42 AM)Sharmander Wrote: No offense but if you’re going to show “proof” then I would like to see the entire convo that occurred instead of throwing snips of what one person said. What was give isn’t entirely proof as we do not know what was said previously to these comments being made.

This is the biggest thing to me. I'm fully aware that I'm no longer in this community but reading through the "proof", I only see 1 or 2 "bannable" offenses but most of them are in private discords, where they should've stayed. And the bannable offenses aren't even perm. Just a week or so. Most of them should've been removed from staff at worst and then maybe banned for a week for those who couldn't be demoted. This "proof" that you've shown isn't sufficient enough to make a community ban. Where's the actual proof at?
[Image: b_560x95.png][Image: clapclub.jpg?width=1202&height=519]