Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
RussEfarmer's Forum & PH Ban Appeal
Not going to lie i was pretty shocked to see you make an appeal and fairly certain only thing that's going to shock me more is if Ldub returns or if Crow makes an appeal. Anyway back to my vote I am going to +1 this appeal it has been 3 years you are no longer a literal kid and you are saying you have pushed the toxic element out of your life to try becoming a better person. I truly hope if this gets approved i can meet the Russ that I've heard positive things about. (what exactly gets unbanned i believe will be up to the admins)
[Image: J6yUs0g]
(12-04-2019, 10:21 PM)Near Wrote: Not going to lie i was pretty shocked to see you make an appeal and fairly certain only thing that's going to shock me more is if Ldub returns or if Crow makes an appeal. Anyway back to my vote I am going to +1 this appeal it has been 3 years you are no longer a literal kid and you are saying you have pushed the toxic element out of your life to try becoming a better person. I truly hope if this gets approved i can meet the Russ that I've heard positive things about. (what exactly gets unbanned i believe will be up to the admins)

Thank you! As for older players, I've lost contact with Ldub since 2017, and Crow now operates a Discord for a fairly popular Shellshock Live Twitch streamer. Who knows though, if Prince Nicky came back and had a run through the ranks, I'm sure someone else will turn up as more stuff happens in time.
+1 for server unbans (maybe), because you admitted you made some dumb decisions and that you didn’t won’t do them again. Plus, it’s been over 2 years, I think it’s time to let you back in.
          [Image: b_560x95.png]

[Image: 76561198309335191.png]
I believe everyone has the potential to change after 3 years. You've owned up to your ways and honestly you were stuck in a rough spot as a 13 year old. The community has changed quite a bit since I've been here, so I can only imagine things may be vastly different for you. 

I am in support for a complete unban in the community,  however you must wait a minimum of 6 months before applying for any staff position. I don't know if you're interested in staffing again, but I figured to throw that in anyways. 

+1 on unban across the board

Please be sure to look over the new rules for each server you plan to play on. 
A lot has changed in 3 years. 
Obviously I was not around when all of this went down, however I don't think it was very responsible to have an admin who was so young in the first place. Its a huge role to take on at such a young age. This does not condone your behaviour but it does give some background on the situation. If a similar situation arose now would you handle it differently? I'd like to think so, you do seem sincere in your apology and a lot of time has past. 

I agree with what some people have already said, I'm in favour of a forum and discord unban for now to give people a chance to see that you have matured and changed. If there are no issues in the next few months then a server ban could follow. 

As for staffing in the future, you would need to have been here for a long time, consistently and without any problems for it to be an option.
[Image: unknown.jpg]
What made you realize you were toxic?
[Image: b_560x95.png][Image: clapclub.jpg?width=1202&height=519]
(12-05-2019, 05:51 PM)[Yellow] Travis1421 Wrote: What made you realize you were toxic?

That's a complicated thing to answer, I didn't really get up and just "realize" all at once how I was and how I wanted to change it. I would say the true realization I had to make me change was when some conflict arose in my friend circle and led to someone who was quite similar to me (You know him as Winter) cutting ties. I looked at why this happened and what was said, and found a lot of similarities between what he did with me on the receiving end and the things I've done to people previously. It may sound like a suck-up story, but a couple of days looking back on it led to an epiphany, and I found the problem: I was too critical and anal retentive over what other people did, and it led to a buildup of frustration that made me generally pissed off with whatever that person does. You know personally from experience that situation leads to me doing some really stupid and harsh things.

After all of that and a combination of having very few personal friends left, I started slowly trying to be more patient with people and stop putting myself in situations that made me angry and depressed. I slowly changed the news I read, the YouTube creators I watched, and the way I interacted with others to try to get myself to a place where I made actions I was satisfied with instead of making actions out of spite.
I guess I will ask a question now.

Why should any of us take a risk with allowing you back knowing the damage that you caused in the past and could be fully capable of doing so again if you wanted to? Why should you be unbanned from anything, when the safest and most for sure option is to just keep you banned?
[Image: 64017c939475b62a042ca559d80eb3fc-png.jpg]

Important Memes                                                Make sure to make the day.                       
Matt is Matt
Monke Resign 
Staffing in 2021 
Fish Fun
Travis Army
(12-05-2019, 07:43 PM)TheUltraFish Wrote: I guess I will ask a question now.

Why should any of us take a risk with allowing you back knowing the damage that you caused in the past and could be fully capable of doing so again if you wanted to? Why should you be unbanned from anything, when the safest and most for sure option is to just keep you banned?

Damn, that's a good question.

You're absolutely right, it would be the safer and easier option to just say "No", lock the thread, and throw it in the archive subforum. This entire appeal is the equivalent of Osama bin Laden going on a plea deal. It would be ridiculous and a waste of time to come here for the SOLE purpose of trying to get unbanned.

You all have no reason to trust me just because of what I said here, and there's no way to truly undo the damage I've made to my reputation here. Actions have consequences, plain and simple, and the biggest consequence of all of this is the guilt crawling in the back of my head saying that the people that made you who you are remember you as a child and a bully. As a result, I made this appeal an apology to the community and to those people, and to announce that I've changed considerably since the time I left here.

Why an appeal though? I could have just as easily made an apology thread in general, but I didn't. I would absolutely be lying if I didn't say I wanted a shot at redeeming myself and actually proving my words true. This place has been the best public community I have ever seen, with a thriving community dating back to an entire half decade ago, and it was THE driving factor in making me who I am now. Dinks is important to me, and after everything that I've been through to put me here wanting to apologize, I don't want to leave it without having proved what I said here.
We let rits come back, might as well let russ have his second chance too.
We're just a giant ass
Cheeks are made of children
Old was just a fad
Shit on all the billions