Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Spying ayy
(12-24-2019, 11:56 PM)RussEfarmer Wrote:
(12-24-2019, 11:36 PM)悲しい子ね Wrote: umm i dont think thats very legal for dink to have. According to my resources ofcourse "Spying on someone’s computer is bad." Seems like yall might get a privacy lawsuit thrown your way

By joining a server, you inherently agree to the server having access to information about your connection to the server, such your IP address. What the server owner decides to do with that information is completely up to him. In this case, he's allowing moderators to grab a frame of video produced by the game graphics engine. Realistically server owners could let moderators have much worse, such as the force toggling of someone's microphone.

i dont remember signing a tos for a server i joined the server. The Privacy Policy doesnt state it is able to take that. Also since you dont have a privacy statement i will use Facepunch's https://gmod.facepunch.com/legal/privacy. 4.2 in the privacy statement for facepunch services states "We will never share your information with third parties for their own marketing purposes without first obtaining your consent." Bringing it on here makes it third party and ss through discord also makes It also breaks the fucking tos. I would count it as a spyware and in 3c of facepunch's legal for servers it states "Don’t be a dick. Be respectful to other players and our Games and don’t do or say anything that is illegal, circumvents paid content, or could harm our Games, Facepunch or any other players. Don’t infringe the rights of other people or businesses (e.g. games, movies, books, TV shows etc.) This also includes ensuring your Servers are free from viruses, malware and spyware." https://facepunch.com/legal/servers
Just cos server owners can doesnt make it legal bud
Taking ss of others screen without knowledge and consent is not allowed.
Please fix

edit: imagine -1 as an admin cos you know im right see ya in facepunch report
Section 4 of Facepunch's Privacy Policy is in Regards to how *Facepunch* handles any information *they* have.
Section 5, however, is in regards to how *Third Parties* can use your information.

It also reads the following:

"Please remember that any communications you have via the Facepunch Services may reveal details about you. Also, any information you post publicly will be publicly available to other people. We are not responsible for your use of any otherwise private personal information which you make available, or the activities of other users or other third parties to whom you give or make available your information or content. The Facepunch Services may, from time to time, contain or connect you with third-party content or services. Our Privacy Policy does not extend to external sites or companies, so please refer directly to their privacy policies."

As for the arguement about 3c ... They're only using information that you give to them to capture the screenshots, going through discord is only a means to execute the command, whereas the command itself is still run on the server and sends the resulting images to discord.

Calling it spyware is just technologically illitterate.
(12-25-2019, 01:36 AM)Djrulz Wrote: Section 4 of Facepunch's Privacy Policy is in Regards to how *Facepunch* handles any information *they* have.
Section 5, however, is in regards to how *Third Parties* can use your information.

It also reads the following:

"Please remember that any communications you have via the Facepunch Services may reveal details about you. Also, any information you post publicly will be publicly available to other people. We are not responsible for your use of any otherwise private personal information which you make available, or the activities of other users or other third parties to whom you give or make available your information or content. The Facepunch Services may, from time to time, contain or connect you with third-party content or services. Our Privacy Policy does not extend to external sites or companies, so please refer directly to their privacy policies."

As for the arguement about 3c ... They're only using information that you give to them to capture the screenshots, going through discord is only a means to execute the command, whereas the command itself is still run on the server and sends the resulting images to discord.

Calling it spyware is just technologically illitterate.

I already reported to facepunch, so they can choose whether or not dinks is breaking tos or privacy policy. Taking private info from people who dont know you are taking it is illegal. In the EU especially.
Quote:5. YOUR INFORMATION AND THIRD PARTIES

SUMMARY. You have the option to share your own personal information with others parties, in which case it will be governed by those parties’ own privacy policies – make sure to take a look at them.

Please remember that any communications you have via the Facepunch Services may reveal details about you. Also, any information you post publicly will be publicly available to other people. We are not responsible for your use of any otherwise private personal information which you make available, or the activities of other users or other third parties to whom you give or make available your information or content. The Facepunch Services may, from time to time, contain or connect you with third-party content or services. Our Privacy Policy does not extend to external sites or companies, so please refer directly to their privacy policies.

So much for that unban request btw.

[Image: horizontal-design-element-3.png]
  Angel I CRAHSED MY CAR
find out more at https://russefarmer.com/
Garry's Mod Performance Tuning Guide
(12-25-2019, 01:51 AM)RussEfarmer Wrote:

ayy nice shitpost, cunt. cos that helps your side of the argument you fucking hamper
The fate of Dinkleberg's ttt must be taken to the Supreme Court
Anyone else feel like they’re reading the last half of a thread?

Matt_St3 / Strongrule / Spartan001295
Forum Admin - Resigned TTT Admin
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
[00:04] matt_st3 (Strongrule) [traitor] has damaged Taliban Tom [detective] for 4.9999999349555e+14 HP with an unknown weapon
Please keep comments in this thread on topic and civil. Bashing and name calling isn't needed.

I would like to add. If screen grabbing were illegal as you claim, why would gmod have a function in their code that allows for screen grabs (thats how the bot functions in grabbing screens and how previous addons that used to show a LOT more before that function broke slightly). This is something that's been around for years now (not here per say but in other gmod servers too). As for the consent part of it, by you joining a public server you consent to the server sending you information as well as you sending the server information.
Noot Noot ~(^-^)~
tf happened? all i did was put out a ban req
[Image: h4r1WLO.gif]
Good Games
Retired TTT Moderator
03-07-2020 ~ 11-17-2020
Unofficial Retired Murder Test-Moderator
11-06-2019 ~ 11-17-2020
Avi summed it up pretty well. It seems to me that you are trying to cherrypick information without knowing or understand the full scope or context.