Dinkleberg's GMod
Knife = Me Big Mad - Printable Version

+- Dinkleberg's GMod (https://www.dinklebergsgmod.com/site)
+-- Forum: Trouble in Terrorist Town (https://www.dinklebergsgmod.com/site/forumdisplay.php?fid=3)
+--- Forum: TTT Suggestions & Help (https://www.dinklebergsgmod.com/site/forumdisplay.php?fid=6)
+--- Thread: Knife = Me Big Mad (/showthread.php?tid=10199)

Pages: 1 2

Knife = Me Big Mad - dong - 01-18-2020

The knife.. the most controversial T weapon on the server.. how some of us love it and others loathe it.

My main problem with the knife is that literally within the first 15 seconds of a round starting, I get knifed in the back. Whether it be for my vape because people know I'm one of the few players with one, or it's because they wanna mess around and kill me because they know who I am. Regardless, it is very annoying. 

I don't know what there is to do really in order to nerf the knife, but I don't think completely removing it would be a good idea. Just please nerf the damage it does or something.

Someone in Discord said make it to where it is only an instant kill if you're below a certain amount of health and that seems fair. Even the harpoon, which is equally as annoying, has some sort of skill in terms of timing, but the knife has nothing. Just a simple left or right click. 

Please do something

RE: Knife = Me Big Mad - Raider Hanks - 01-18-2020

Please don't nerf the knife. The last thing I want to do is stab someone and find out the knife in their jugular didn't kill them. I see where you are coming from dong, but I just respectfully disagree.

RE: Knife = Me Big Mad - Hani - 01-18-2020

looks back at all the nerf the knife threads  :s

good luck

RE: Knife = Me Big Mad - dong - 01-18-2020

(01-18-2020, 12:31 PM)Hani Wrote: looks back at all the nerf the knife threads  :s

good luck

yeah i doubt it'll happen weed demon

RE: Knife = Me Big Mad - Hani - 01-18-2020

the only serious suggestions were all shot down because it's too hard (stop follow or kos after x warnings) to enforce or to get the back 1-hit knife. which was still not enough for people who believe the one hit knife is a classic that should not be taken away b/c one credit for essentially one guarantee'd kill.

truly sad times.

RE: Knife = Me Big Mad - Mana - 01-18-2020

the nerfed knife is on the test server. never heard whether or not they scrapped the idea.

i get 1hit-1person kill weapons. but atleast give a chance for a person to fight back or have a chance to miss like the harpoon.
the knife is so disgustingly easy that no one can have a chance to do anything before they die.

RE: Knife = Me Big Mad - dong - 01-18-2020

(01-18-2020, 12:42 PM)Hani Wrote: the only serious suggestions were all shot down because it's too hard (stop follow or kos after x warnings) to enforce or to get the back 1-hit knife. which was still not enough for people who believe the one hit knife is a classic that should not be taken away b/c one credit for essentially one guarantee'd kill.

truly sad times.

that's fair. just annoying to die to it almost every time, especially at the beginning of the round and not towards the middle or end.

RE: Knife = Me Big Mad - matt_st3 (Strongrule) - 01-18-2020

On this months edition of “knives kill people, people don’t kill people”...

But seriously the only thing that can come of a two hit knife is the guy crouch jumps away, flicks a famas/scout/deagle or equivalent at the guy and 1-3 taps him in the head before he can get in range again. The point of the knife is one(1) silent and fast kill. If people are *actually* targeting, report the person not the weapon.

RE: Knife = Me Big Mad - .cee - 01-18-2020

I think that the knife is a classic TTT item. It sucks getting knifed, but it's easy to avoid if you stay away from players and play your cards right. When someone gets knifed, the body has DNA for a long time which is a big liability for the T and it can be used strategically in drastic situations such as when it's 1 T with low health against multiple innocents. That being said, although many people buy the knife, there are better things to buy depending on the map. Radar, boots, invisibility, bold boost... I hate being knifed but I am in favor of keeping it how it is.

RE: Knife = Me Big Mad - lacer - 01-18-2020

As much as I agree with you, brother, the knife has it's place in TTT as a shitty crutch weapon. I hate it and I hope anyone who uses it burns in the deepest layer of hell, but it's a necessary evil. Only way you're living through a knife is if the other player is total dogshit and misses you. Even then, with the server's atrocious hitreg, you're lucky if you don't die from somebody turned 180 degrees away from you.