Dinkleberg's GMod
Let's try this? - Printable Version

+- Dinkleberg's GMod (https://www.dinklebergsgmod.com/site)
+-- Forum: Prop Hunt (https://www.dinklebergsgmod.com/site/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+--- Forum: PH Staff Applications (https://www.dinklebergsgmod.com/site/forumdisplay.php?fid=12)
+---- Forum: PH Staff Application Archive (https://www.dinklebergsgmod.com/site/forumdisplay.php?fid=65)
+----- Forum: Denied (https://www.dinklebergsgmod.com/site/forumdisplay.php?fid=63)
+----- Thread: Let's try this? (/showthread.php?tid=10427)

Pages: 1 2

Let's try this? - §4Zack - 02-10-2020

Ingame Name: §4Zack

Recent names: elightyt,[Red]Zack

Steam ID: STEAM_0:0:210798529

Time Played: 336 Total Hours 

When First Joined: Nov 4 2018

Availability (Approx. times you play, and time zone): I can be in the server anywhere from 10am to 12am MST 

Rank Desired: Trusted

Current Rank: Donor, Regular 

What can you do to help the community?: it's been fun being a donor for so long, I want to be able to help out a bit more on server Like telling people to respect others or move on from different topics, I like to keep the server calm and make it fun for myself and others I can be laid back and also can be  damanding, if I have to be when rules are broken.

Why do you want to help the community?: There has been higher staff that's been inactive or have no time to deal with the server, So I just want to help the team and make it more fun for myself and the community. I love this community it never changed from when i was playing back in 2018

Have you previously been banned? (Link relevant posts): Nope

Have you previously applied for staff? (Link relevant posts):Nope

How did you find us?: I been on Garry Mod for a long time went to play deathrun for a couple of weeks when i first bought Garry Mod then got bored because it wasn't fun for me anymore came across the prop hunt server joined and was treated with respect played there for a couple of days then bought donor and started helping staff with illegal spots no spamming chat or you will be muted type of things.

Other: If I never met cheif wolf,Kona,Nuru,Merlin,Kitty,UntrFish,Travis,Star,OldMan,Abby, I would of never came back there the reasons why i came back <3 they made it feel like a family and not just a community we are a family so anyone who joins even if they are new they are family and we have to allow them in with open arms

RE: Let's try this? - AzunaRiceBoy - 02-10-2020

Edit +0

Trusted
  • Recommended Server Time for a Trusted is 60 hours or More Along With Forum Activity (An Introduction Thread on the Forums at the Very Minimum).
This guy Activity is wicked 
And at the bear minimum 
 has an Intro 

As stated with the requirements.

However I would like to see some ban request  at the very least to build up your skill set and to show staff your here to help. Include yourself more in forums buddy

RE: Let's try this? - RussEfarmer - 02-10-2020

-1. My reason may sound strange, but I don't think your outlook on staffing is in a good enough place right now to actually become a staff member yourself. To be brief, I think you see staffing more as an activity to do for yourself more than you see it as a necessary action and role, and in my mind, this is proven true by your sheer eagerness to start stepping in front of players that may or may not even truly be breaking a rule.

I've told many people the same thing: this is Garry's Mod, you cannot step on players shoes over minor things without getting into a hairy situation. Consider the cost of not telling the person off for whatever they did versus the detriment of having an argument on voicechat over said minor infraction from the perspective of other people on the server. Many donors I've seen recently are prone to fall for this folly, and it's honestly not their fault for not seeing it themselves, but I'm hoping by telling you here, you can take this fact and rise above.

That's my piece, don't take it the wrong way though, you're sick as hell in game <3

RE: Let's try this? - Noire ♜ - 02-10-2020

I'm not a PH Regular but I don't think you're very kind to players, you may have changed recently but here's my experience with you.

I got on PH to chill out after a shitload of TTT shenanigans and I'm just playing trying to calm down, talking in voice chat, you know PH stuff. You just call me out, for no reason, and tell me to basically leave because I'm just a troll and all I do on PH is troll.
I understand PH doesn't have a very nice relationship with TTT all the time but if you're gonna be a staff member I think you need to at least try to remain neutral when it comes to all players that get on.

RE: Let's try this? - Pixie Soldier - 02-10-2020

Hey bud,

I am glad to see you apply, this is the best way to gauge where you are at. I honestly do think that you have the potential to be PH staff, you've been helpful and have been keen to learn. However, I do think that you still have some learning to do and you need time to grow in confidence. You came back after a break from the server and a lot of the rules and guidelines have changed. I have no issue with you asking me or other staff for help/guidance but try and get yourself familiar with the guidelines and rules or at least comfortable with looking them up yourself. Also don't forget that we are all here to have fun and knowing when to just chill is just as important as knowing when to react. 

Please do not be down about any responses that have some criticism in them, its the best way to learn and not everyone will get a staff role on their first try. Take on board what people have said and grow from it. If you can do that you'll be in green soon.

Best of luck

Pix  Heart

RE: Let's try this? - leftjupiter18 - 02-10-2020

You can help a good bit in the server but I believe in order to be staff you may need to try to get along with other players a bit more. I have personally seen you get in an argument with another regular in the server.

RE: Let's try this? - Abdel - 02-10-2020

Hey Zack, Thanks for applying!

As I've been one of the staff that has seen your growth on server, I've seen the bad and the good. I'm always looking for the next person to join me and the others to help us out with the cluster fuck on server. So lets get into the bits here. Zack I want to recognize that you do get heated with players, you have had abit more than 1 scuffle with regulars and users here and there, both present and past. As I play during my sessions, you aren't a bad egg. You are well behaved and have helped out when you felt that it was needed, Thanks for those times. Aside this, you have had trouble with your donor powers before, but I have seen you show restraint in the present. I like your motivation and strive. Many of these situations have happened in the past, if any have happened recently, I sure haven't seen it in the time I play with zack. I simply know talk about it. People fight and argue over small stuff or big stuff, I love that you're trying out to show that you're serious about it. 

Zack this may have a bit short, but I support the vision of learning to give those the chance unlike my previous endeavors. I think you may have what it takes, and people can change. 

I'm going to give you a (+1), regardless if you had a problem here and there, there's always the next time if you don't succeed the first time. I know you're always here to be here, not just because there is a problem on server.

RE: Let's try this? - Penguinslayer4 - 02-10-2020

Hello, while I may not play ph very often I am still on forums and in discord. One thing I have noticed for you in particular you tend to start/spread drama. Yesterday you were warned by an admin while you were on Murder to keep drama out of the servers. While I know sometimes drama happens, as a staff member you want to try to keep it at a minimum. It's ok to not like people, but you need to keep it off server otherwise people will argue "well why cant I start drama on server if you (a staff member) can?"

Examples: what you said that got you warned and the warning you got from the admin via relay

Just something I have noticed that I would highly suggest working on. Also work on knowing how to identify whether someone is ghosting/teaming or not and familiarize yourself with PH's motd as I have seen several times where you werent really sure what the procedure was for certain things so you pinged staff for it when the answers were pretty clearly laid out in the motd for the situations.

RE: Let's try this? - Mother Nuru. - 02-12-2020

I don't have hours to officially vote so here's my written public one.

I am a heavy -1.

I love you kiddo, you're fun to play with sometimes, but when it comes to staffing, you are not anywhere near fit for it right now. You look at it as power, and control, when it isn't about that at all. Staffing is about helping others, being helpful to new players, and being welcoming, etc.
You are none of the above. I have had to warn you recently for bringing drama onto servers, for mishandling donor commands, for being rude to players on server, and a few other things. I am bringing this up, so you know which things to avoid/work on. You are willing and capable of learning, and that's a good thing, but as for a position anytime soon, I'm heavily against it. I recommend personally myself that you wait about 2-3 months and work on things others are saying, and your attitude towards trolls/players that you dont get along with. There's a lot of people I dislike that I play with, but I never attack them. I do my best to remain unbiased. You should work on this yourself.

RE: Let's try this? - §4Zack - 02-12-2020

Thank you for all your comments I'll work on them thank you for the feed back <3 see y'all on the Battlefield