Dinkleberg's GMod
[TTT] Detective & Traitor Item Discussions - Printable Version

+- Dinkleberg's GMod (https://www.dinklebergsgmod.com/site)
+-- Forum: Trouble in Terrorist Town (https://www.dinklebergsgmod.com/site/forumdisplay.php?fid=3)
+--- Forum: TTT Suggestions & Help (https://www.dinklebergsgmod.com/site/forumdisplay.php?fid=6)
+--- Thread: [TTT] Detective & Traitor Item Discussions (/showthread.php?tid=10524)

Pages: 1 2 3

[TTT] Detective & Traitor Item Discussions - Nicol Bolas - 02-22-2020

Hey everyone. With the loss of the harpoon still heavy in our hearts, I thought I'd start a general discussion thread about potential traitor and detective items. These items would need to be fairly balanced and fun. Any and all items would need to undergo testing before even being considered.

To get the discussion rolling, I thought I'd share a few weapons that could potentially work.
  • Weeping Angel Gun T Item. 2 shots default. When hit with the gun, a weeping angel from doctor who will stalk you. If you look at it, it doesn't move. If you don't look at it? You die.
  • Frag Grenade T Item. it's exactly what it says it is.
  • Decoy Buff T Item. The default decoy item is pretty boring and rarely used. This adds an alternate mode that mimics a "Call Detective to Body" feature. Useful for setting up a trap when you don't have a spare body.
  • Shock Pistol D Item. 2 shots, ragdolls players and they drop their items for a few seconds. Hit them again to increase the time. Kind of annoying, unsure about this one.
  • Beartrap T Item. A nice little trap that does damage every second and stops a player from moving. Another player can disable the trap.
  • Riot Shield D Item. It's a riot shield, it blocks bullets.
  • Turtle Grenade T Item. Everyone loves turtles.
  • Clairvoyance D Item. Hard to describe, I suggest reading the workshop page. Seems fairly balanced and neat.
  • Remote Sticky Bomb T Item. A remote bomb that can be placed on a player. Must be charged. Beeps loudly. Potential to be overpowered but I believe explosive damage and range can be reduced if needed.
  • Prop Disguiser T Item. Disguise as a prop like those filthy ph players. Has potential to be abused. Will look more into it if community likes it.
  • Detective Playercam D Item. Shoot a camera on a player and watch them, how neat.
  • Blink T Item. Teleport short distances. Only a few times though.
  • Russian Roulette Gun  D Item. Quite useless but it is very funny. Probably not needed
  • Demonic Possession T or D Item. Can be potentially overpowered but is very configurable.
  • Homing Pigeon T Item. Probably too overpowered. Bird  No
Non-Item Suggestions (I'll try and keep this short as this thread is mainly for Items)
Not a D or T item, but something I found and like is TTT Act. It's an emote system. I think it'd be neat? Maybe? Just me? No
Another "Non-Item" suggestion: Damage Numbers. They should really come back. There wasn't a really good reason for the removal in the first place.
Ok one more: Better Buy Menu. A far better version of the vanilla buy menu. You can favorite items.

Let me know what you guys think, and feel free to add any potential items you feel like could work below. Again please do remember this is a public server with rules, as fun as some of the traitor weapons on the workshop are, they are rarely balanced. Please keep that in mind when discussing things.

RE: [TTT] Detective & Traitor Item Discussions - Cryptic Salsa - 02-22-2020

ok now im gonna +1 the homing bird but is it not like glitchy af

RE: [TTT] Detective & Traitor Item Discussions - Mana - 02-22-2020

Weeping angel: way too fucky wucky

Frag grenade: similar to holy so out of the question

Shockpistol: too similar to the disarmed so it's also out of the question

Clairvoyance: pretty sure it was kinda useless so I dont think it should be added

Possession: sounds too op

Remote sticky: has potential but it's basically a walking c4 machine, will need to have a nerfed explosion or something.

Blink: tested it before and it makes you get around faster than going on brawny brew, not to mention it can cause issues when tping.

Homing pidgeon: it's also fucky wucky but when it works, it's a lock on harpoon with an explosion so it doesnt sound right.

Other than that, I'm all for the others I haven't mentioned

RE: [TTT] Detective & Traitor Item Discussions - thunderwalrusinnthebar - 02-22-2020

I think the Russian Roulette would be a great addition.

RE: [TTT] Detective & Traitor Item Discussions - Foxka - 02-22-2020

add all of them, fuck it

RE: [TTT] Detective & Traitor Item Discussions - Nicol Bolas - 02-22-2020

(02-22-2020, 11:05 PM)Brown Sugar Cinnamon Poptart Wrote: Weeping angel: way too fucky wucky How so? It's quite balanced as all you have to do is make sure you're aware of it. 

Shockpistol: too similar to the disarmed so it's also out of the question Explain

Russian roulette: sounds like it could be abused by trolls I really don't see how. If you look at the addon on the workshop page it's quite clear what it is and how it looks. No real room for abuse.

Blink: tested it before and it makes you get around faster than going on brawny brew, not to mention it can cause issues when tping. This is a fixed version and has 4 uses. 

RE: [TTT] Detective & Traitor Item Discussions - Mana - 02-22-2020

(02-22-2020, 11:13 PM)Nicol Bolas Wrote:
(02-22-2020, 11:05 PM)Brown Sugar Cinnamon Poptart Wrote: Weeping angel: way too fucky wucky How so? It's quite balanced as all you have to do is make sure you're aware of it. 

Shockpistol: too similar to the disarmed so it's also out of the question Explain

Russian roulette: sounds like it could be abused by trolls I really don't see how. If you look at the addon on the workshop page it's quite clear what it is and how it looks. No real room for abuse.

Blink: tested it before and it makes you get around faster than going on brawny brew, not to mention it can cause issues when tping. This is a fixed version and has 4 uses. 
I removed russian roulette because I didn't see the link (thought it forced the d and someone to play lol)

Based on how the weeping angel sounds (I dont know the speed it approaches you so it depends) but if you get into a gunfight, it will just walk right up to you and murder you.

You said that the shock pistol will remove items on the player so I'm assuming guns as well, I'm just going off the mindset of why they dont just put the disarmer in the d shop.

For blink, if its patched right then I have no issues

RE: [TTT] Detective & Traitor Item Discussions - Zoreo - 02-22-2020

We should have a t weapon that takes out all innos at the source - by crashing the server when you buy it from the shop

In all seriousness, things I want added:
Turtle Nade
Bink
Beartrap
Decoy buff

Things I have issues with:
Shock Pistol: Would be used mostly as a troll item
Riot Shield: Basically the shield gun except less annoying to other players, but op in tight areas
Prop disguiser: I played on a server with this, its kind of stupid imo
Detective playercam: seems a lot like the detective camera which was removed from the server

Things currently on the server that can be replaced with some of these
Spring mine
Transfusion kit
D turret

RE: [TTT] Detective & Traitor Item Discussions - RussEfarmer - 02-23-2020

(02-22-2020, 10:43 PM)Nicol Bolas Wrote:

The knife, except it has infinite range with splash damage. Just what I need!

RE: [TTT] Detective & Traitor Item Discussions - DuckBentley - 02-23-2020

BETTER BUY MENU: SIGN ME UP
and id like to see most of this tested, and i will riot if Transfusion kit and D turret get removed over the RC car
but id rather not deal with weeping angels or possessions

and i want regular Detective cameras back