Dinkleberg's GMod
[TTT] Staff Inconsistency and Future Plans. - Printable Version

+- Dinkleberg's GMod (https://www.dinklebergsgmod.com/site)
+-- Forum: Core (https://www.dinklebergsgmod.com/site/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: News and Announcements (https://www.dinklebergsgmod.com/site/forumdisplay.php?fid=21)
+--- Thread: [TTT] Staff Inconsistency and Future Plans. (/showthread.php?tid=11833)

[TTT] Staff Inconsistency and Future Plans. - Nicol Bolas - 07-14-2020

Hello everyone. These past few months have been quite rough for everyone I'm sure. I stated in my thread a few weeks ago, one of the largest issues that seems to be present within the community is a disconnect between the general community as well as inconsistency within how staff members moderate the server. Staff Inconsistency has been a problem for far longer than I have been a member of this community. However as the current TTT Admin, I take full responsibility now for all issues and mistakes caused by the team I am in charge of. 

It has recently come to my attention that certain staff members have caused an issue deemed unbefitting of how TTT staff members should act. While I debated keeping this issue an upper staff issue, I do still believe in being open about how I administrate the server and it's staff. The details concerning this issue however, will remain private due to respect of those involved. The two staff members involved are not required in any way to disclose the details of the issue, and I do ask all members of this community to not pry into information that is not your business as a sign of respect for your fellow community members. As of today, Noire will be demoted to the rank of Test Moderator and will be receiving a strike for recent actions. Jack will also be receiving a strike but will retain his rank. Both staff members have acknowledged their mistakes and I do hope we can move on and learn from this to become better staff members and individuals.

As I am the sole TTT Admin, I am in charge of ensuring the staff team are the role models of the server. A staff member is held to a higher standard than the rest of the community because of their position in being these role models, and I want to ensure all staff members receive the support necessary to do well. I do believe that being aware of the problems facing staff as an Admin, especially the sole Admin, is a step in correcting any mistakes that my predecessors made, intentional or not. This is why, in the coming weeks, I will be doing my best to work on the issue of inconsistency. While there will never be a perfect solution, as many of the rules of TTT require staff discretion, I will begin working on revamping how we train staff members.

I will be discussing my plans, taking suggestions, and working with our current TTT staff to find a system that works to place all staff members on the same page. This can also constitute retraining as well as adding to the current staff guidelines. In addition to how we train staff members, I will also be working on our Awarn tool, as there are quite a few parts I am generally unhappy with. Many community members have come forward to me with their complaints, thoughts, and opinions concerning the use of the tool. I take every suggestion seriously and I do appreciate all those who strive to help improve our server. 

I've decided to leave this closed, as the punishments given are not up for discussion I'm afraid. As Admin I have to be the one to make the difficult decisions to help our community function. I take no pride in handling punishments and I do hope you understand. If anyone in the community has any suggestions, opinions, concerns, or other comments please feel free to message me on discord and I promise I will respond.