Dinkleberg's GMod
Punishment poll: Racism - Printable Version

+- Dinkleberg's GMod (https://www.dinklebergsgmod.com/site)
+-- Forum: Community (https://www.dinklebergsgmod.com/site/forumdisplay.php?fid=5)
+--- Forum: Community Suggestions (https://www.dinklebergsgmod.com/site/forumdisplay.php?fid=19)
+--- Thread: Punishment poll: Racism (/showthread.php?tid=11866)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5

Punishment poll: Racism - Foxka - 07-16-2020

I think its time to discuss this now that there has been a large uptick and playercount and the issue itself.

I will keep my question simple and post my response below

Do you think we should be more strict with punishing blatantly racist behavior and remarks?

With the fall of moat I think it's time to start condoning racist players faster and with less tolerance in order to avoid being lumped into a blacklist for allowing such behaviors to run around as freely as they currently do. I propose we start harsher punishments for people who think being a bigot is funny. My proposal goes as such:

First account of racism will result in a mute/gag slash warning to knock it off

Second account, or if they try to push more buttons by being "sly" about it, should result in a swift kick

Third account should result in a longer temporary ban, and if continued after expired, become permanent. Or a straight permanent based on severity.

Thank you for reading my proposal and I look forward to seeing your opinions on the matter. Oh, and keep it civil please.

RE: Punishment poll: Racism - Noire ♜ - 07-16-2020

[Image: 906e50af48ed24e3dd31f9b1c77d1e6f.png]

RE: Punishment poll: Racism - Mana - 07-16-2020

im gonna be honest, i completely forgot that this and micspam had different punishment systems, i think most of us all chalked it up as micspam in general whenever we had to deal with people

the amount of trouble this would've saved...

but i get the idea, its just that the guidelines pretty much had the best method from the start, not too harsh, not too soft. It goes from 2 gags to a straight up ban

RE: Punishment poll: Racism - Seadub - 07-17-2020

okay but like maybe actually enforce it tho? idk just spitting out thoughts rn

RE: Punishment poll: Racism - Hani - 07-17-2020

lmao i was on yesterday reading what you were asking a specific mod to do something. think because the guy wasn't saying the full word nothing was done about it.

kinda crazy though because besides racial slurs just regular slurs in general are allowed by some people because they're regulars/friends. amazing to call people hypocrites while being one at the same time. i can't stand being in the server for even an hour at a time because the people that cried about bias and shitty staff when i was admin for that short lived time turn a blind eye to when other staff blatantly do the same shit. 

inb4 get evidence and show nicol: i genuinely don't believe anything will change so i only care enough to bitch in the forums bc i have nothing better to do while waiting for classes to start again Angel i can easily get something about the last shit i saw, but if i'm asked to then i can dm it.

RE: Punishment poll: Racism - DaSeaBass_ - 07-17-2020

(07-17-2020, 12:38 AM)Hani Wrote: lmao i was on yesterday reading what you were asking a specific mod to do something. think because the guy wasn't saying the full word nothing was done about it.

kinda crazy though because besides racial slurs just regular slurs in general are allowed by some people because they're regulars/friends. amazing to call people hypocrites while being one at the same time. i can't stand being in the server for even an hour at a time because the people that cried about bias and shitty staff when i was admin for that short lived time turn a blind eye to when other staff blatantly do the same shit. 

inb4 get evidence and show nicol: i genuinely don't believe anything will change so i only care enough to bitch in the forums bc i have nothing better to do while waiting for classes to start again Angel i can easily get something about the last shit i saw, but if i'm asked to then i can dm it.
Can confirm that this sorta stuff happened occasionally when I played on the server. Nothing personal but a little bit of consistency as to when the rules are enforced would be nice.

RE: Punishment poll: Racism - Penguinslayer4 - 07-17-2020

Murders is pretty strict: warning, round mute/gag, map mute/gag, perma

With moats disappearance it might do well to crack down on it

RE: Punishment poll: Racism - Foxka - 07-17-2020

Yes I am asking for it to be more closely monitored and dealt with  instead of things being completely ignored because he said "nigg" instead of the full slur. Or people who type "n"  when theres a conversation about black people going on

Basically, staff turn a blind eye to anything that isnt the straight up n word.

Edit:
@"Noire" i dont see what posting the current guidelines has to do with proposing stricter punishment, but thanks for posting what it currently is. If anyone is defending these current guidelines I ask you, why does it take 5 instances to result in a permanent ban instead of less? As far as I am concerned there is zero reason to allow people who think the n word is funny onto the server. It even says "zero tolerance" in the staff guidelines haha

RE: Punishment poll: Racism - Battons - 07-17-2020

I am 100% down for stricter rules on this, I can recall a time specifically where someone had a bind that said "ninja star!" And it was a bunch of totally not swastikas. When I asked about it I was told it was a grey area. Despite the fact it personally bothered me I decided to let it go because I didn't know if I should enforce it or not.

RE: Punishment poll: Racism - lacer - 07-17-2020

Why do we need stricter rules? The rules as they currently stand regarding slur usage are fine. The problem is that the staff are too afraid to mute or gag for anything that doesn't outright have a slur. Even then, I've seen slurs be used and people aren't muted and gagged for it. People typing "nigg" or whatever should fall under trolling too because they obviously know what they're doing.

Making the rules stricter isn't the solution to everything, the staff just need to not be pansies and make sure the rules are being followed.