Dinkleberg's GMod
Intentional Prop RDMing lately? - Printable Version

+- Dinkleberg's GMod (https://www.dinklebergsgmod.com/site)
+-- Forum: Trouble in Terrorist Town (https://www.dinklebergsgmod.com/site/forumdisplay.php?fid=3)
+--- Forum: TTT Suggestions & Help (https://www.dinklebergsgmod.com/site/forumdisplay.php?fid=6)
+--- Thread: Intentional Prop RDMing lately? (/showthread.php?tid=12408)

Pages: 1 2 3

Intentional Prop RDMing lately? - Loon - 09-02-2020

Do you guys think there's been a lot of intentional prop rdm'ing lately? I know some people like to propkill when they are traitors, but I've notice a lot of innocents are more interested in playing with props and trolling with them rather than the game. I get it, the fun of TTT is half the game and half the social aspect of the community, but it gets pretty annoying dying to random flying props and having no idea who to report.

At its worst, I was afk for about 5 seconds grabbing some water at the start of my Top Traitor round, and right as I was sitting down in my chair someone found it funny to walk up and smash me with a barrel.

Maybe we should temporarily increase intentional prop RDMs to 2 slay rounds (even for innocents)?

RE: Intentional Prop RDMing lately? - JesseTheUndeadCowboy - 09-02-2020

This is an issue I have been noticing a lot lately. The problem with prop kills is half the time it won’t usually show up in damage logs and you have to view your death scene through the reports and sometimes the death scene doesn’t even show up in logs or the report. I know people love to prop kill and I can understand that, but it seems too many players are abusing prop kills to get away with rdms most of the time. I know people are probably going to roll their eyes at me for this but I honestly think there should be a bigger consequence for this since people can get away with prop rdm very easily since the logs/death scene doesn’t always shows up. Can staff take this into consideration like legitimately please? I can’t count the number of times I couldn’t find my death scene in the report due to prop kills from people who are innocent. Even if I ask a staff member to look for my death scene if I can’t see it in the report they might not be able to find it in logs. All I’m asking is can someone do something about this problem. Please.

RE: Intentional Prop RDMing lately? - grasse - 09-02-2020

it's already been made KOS-able to throw a prop with enough killing force towards innocents, so i don't see as to why there should be an even greater punishment for actually succeeding other than just the standard RDM quota
if it doesn't show up in logs sometimes and you're really upset enough to track them down and make a report, then have some form of recording in the background that you can review later
and most of the time its not very hard to determine who did it, especially being the main people that consistently propkill can likely be seen carrying around a prop throughout the duration of the map and are known for doing those sorts of things

RE: Intentional Prop RDMing lately? - Loon - 09-02-2020

I mean on paper you would think the fact of throwing props being KOS'able would dissuade people from doing it but it hasn't from what me and Jesse have been noticing lately. Perhaps you've noticed something different. I often feel like I gotta judge if the person is actually a traitor and you should kill them, or if they're an inno who is trolling. If you kill them for the attempt and they're inno, you take a hit to your karma, score, and you may get chain RDM'd by another inno for doing so. Pretty annoying...

If you don't want to be punished, don't throw randomly throw props fast at people when you're an inno :)

RE: Intentional Prop RDMing lately? - JesseTheUndeadCowboy - 09-03-2020

(09-02-2020, 06:52 PM)grasse Wrote: it's already been made KOS-able to throw a prop with enough killing force towards innocents, so i don't see as to why there should be an even greater punishment for actually succeeding other than just the standard RDM quota
if it doesn't show up in logs sometimes and you're really upset enough to track them down and make a report, then have some form of recording in the background that you can review later
and most of the time its not very hard to determine who did it, especially being the main people that consistently propkill can likely be seen carrying around a prop throughout the duration of the map and are known for doing those sorts of things
So what about the people who can’t record with their low end computer besides using demos? I record using demos and it takes a little bit for me to load up the demo. By the time I would figure out who did it using the demo then it would probably be way too late to do anything anyway. I’m just saying that prop rdm is out of control because people can’t always find out who did it in time so they can be slained. Hate me for what I say but it can be a problem. Especially for newer players who want to report but can’t figure out who does it half the time due to missing logs.

RE: Intentional Prop RDMing lately? - lacer - 09-03-2020

(09-03-2020, 01:25 PM)JesseTheUndeadCowboy Wrote:
(09-02-2020, 06:52 PM)grasse Wrote: it's already been made KOS-able to throw a prop with enough killing force towards innocents, so i don't see as to why there should be an even greater punishment for actually succeeding other than just the standard RDM quota
So what about the people who can’t record with their low end computer besides using demos? I record using demos and it takes a little bit for me to load up the demo. By the time I would figure out who did it using the demo then it would probably be way too late to do anything anyway. I’m just saying that prop rdm is out of control because people can’t always find out who did it in time so they can be slained. Hate me for what I say but it can be a problem. Especially for newer players who want to report but can’t figure out who does it half the time due to missing logs.
You can always look in a death scene at or around the time you died to figure out who did it. It takes a little bit of effort, but if propkilling is as big of a deal as it's made out to be, then it's worth it ig

RE: Intentional Prop RDMing lately? - Foxka - 09-03-2020

I see prop being thrown i headshot

RE: Intentional Prop RDMing lately? - JesseTheUndeadCowboy - 09-04-2020

(09-03-2020, 04:46 PM)malphite the adc slapper Wrote:
(09-03-2020, 01:25 PM)JesseTheUndeadCowboy Wrote:
(09-02-2020, 06:52 PM)grasse Wrote: -snip-
-snip-
You can always look in a death scene at or around the time you died to figure out who did it. It takes a little bit of effort, but if propkilling is as big of a deal as it's made out to be, then it's worth it ig
Yeah but like I said sometimes the death scene for the person doesn’t always show up and other times there can be no other death scenes to check out near the time of your death to figure out who did it. There should be a way to fix it so that prop kills could show up in death scenes more often. I could be wrong and this could be impossible though but I am just asking if it can be done and is possible. If it isn’t possible then I’m sorry but I still feel like there needs to be more of a punishment due to the effort is requires to find out who props kill you sometimes due to people doing it in a way they know they can probably get away with it.

RE: Intentional Prop RDMing lately? - Sempers - 09-04-2020

(09-03-2020, 05:28 PM)Foxka oops Wrote: I see prop being thrown i headshot
[Image: ff1.jpg]

RE: Intentional Prop RDMing lately? - JesseTheUndeadCowboy - 09-04-2020

(09-03-2020, 05:28 PM)Foxka oops Wrote: I see prop being thrown i headshot
Yeah until someone decides to report you since they didn’t throw the prop at a killable velocity and you get slained for that. That has happened to me before.