Dinkleberg's GMod
Lower gravity or higher gravity - Printable Version

+- Dinkleberg's GMod (https://www.dinklebergsgmod.com/site)
+-- Forum: Archives (https://www.dinklebergsgmod.com/site/forumdisplay.php?fid=27)
+--- Forum: DR Grave (https://www.dinklebergsgmod.com/site/forumdisplay.php?fid=28)
+---- Forum: DR Suggestions & Help (https://www.dinklebergsgmod.com/site/forumdisplay.php?fid=115)
+---- Thread: Lower gravity or higher gravity (/showthread.php?tid=12624)

Pages: 1 2 3

Lower gravity or higher gravity - Kina - 09-23-2020

So after the removal of the jump pack due to an exploit that only effects the item. We'd like your opinion on which gravity is preferred overall.

Higher gravity means you jump lower. Lower gravity is the opposite.

Higher gravity:

Pros:
  • More balanced overall.
  • A lot of traps have to be avoided or baited without just jumping over it
  • Easier for newer players to learn the gamemode itself

Cons:

• Some of the current WR is not beatable due to some skips no longer being possible (tho this is an easy fix)
  • Might drive off players who prefer lower gravity
  • Traps might seem more unfair.
Lower gravity (note some of this is bias as this is what I prefer):

Pros:
  • Bhopping feels smoother
  • Adds skill to pressing traps, meaning you have to time some of them to kill bhoppers, for example the bird on Helix.
  • Easier to learn how to bhop (from experience)
  • More enjoyable to bhop (this is where that bias comes in ;])
Cons:
  • Some traps become useless
  • Harder for newer players to win
  • Might drive off players who prefer higher gravity

RE: Lower gravity or higher gravity - Foxka - 09-23-2020

If you lower gravity then you MUST get rid of the jetpack

edit: am dumb and didn't read first sentence

anyway, keep it default gravity imo thats how the game was meant to be played

RE: Lower gravity or higher gravity - Kina - 09-23-2020

(09-23-2020, 09:10 PM)Alora Wrote: So after the removal of the jump pack due to an exploit that only effects the item.....

(09-23-2020, 09:12 PM)Foxka oops Wrote: If you lower gravity then you MUST get rid of the jetpack

RE: Lower gravity or higher gravity - Ashly Is Overwhelmed - 09-23-2020

this no matter what can go good or bad but i feel lower gravity because wit hjust the smallest of speed youcan jump over or around alot of traps

RE: Lower gravity or higher gravity - JesseTheUndeadCowboy - 09-23-2020

Hmm. I honestly think it is hard enough to kill people who are bhopping in deathrun anyway. Then again I don’t play the game mode as much but I do play it from time to time. It probably wouldn’t hurt to add lower gravity but I think it would appeal a lot to new players if it was just higher gravity. That’s just my opinion on it.

RE: Lower gravity or higher gravity - daisy - 09-23-2020

I prefer it being low gravity, it's what I started with when I joined DR, and it does help make bhopping a little easier. We do have to consider it being a bit unfair for the deaths, since you can probably skip through some traps with lower gravity. However, it may seem more likeable to new players and new bhoppers since there's some jumps they can't fully do since they can't always ace the crouch-jump.

RE: Lower gravity or higher gravity - bob - 09-23-2020

Low gravity definitely helped me learn to bhop, so it is safe to say that newer players might enjoy it more. And yes, while it may be unfair to skip over certain traps, I still believe low grav is a lot more fun. Plus it would be great to have people stop asking when the jump packs are coming back and/or complaining about it.

RE: Lower gravity or higher gravity - Burb - 09-23-2020

low grav.

RE: Lower gravity or higher gravity - dero - 09-23-2020

Lower gravity please
Wtf you get admin back but I can’t even get donor+ smh

RE: Lower gravity or higher gravity - RussEfarmer - 09-23-2020

Lower the gravity, and if people going too fast is a problem for whatever reason, reduce aerial acceleration. I HATE playing games that make me feel like I'm stuck to the floor.