Dinkleberg's GMod
ThunderWalrus Admin Application - Printable Version

+- Dinkleberg's GMod (https://www.dinklebergsgmod.com/site)
+-- Forum: Trouble in Terrorist Town (https://www.dinklebergsgmod.com/site/forumdisplay.php?fid=3)
+--- Forum: TTT Staff Applications (https://www.dinklebergsgmod.com/site/forumdisplay.php?fid=7)
+---- Forum: TTT Staff Application Archive (https://www.dinklebergsgmod.com/site/forumdisplay.php?fid=48)
+----- Forum: Denied (https://www.dinklebergsgmod.com/site/forumdisplay.php?fid=51)
+----- Thread: ThunderWalrus Admin Application (/showthread.php?tid=13626)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5

ThunderWalrus Admin Application - thunderwalrusinnthebar - 01-31-2021

Name: Thunderwalrusinnthebar

Steam ID: STEAM_0:1:83739310

Time played: 888 hours

When I joined: My game tracker says I joined in 2014  

Availability: Most nights after 2:30 pm western time and weekends.

Rank desired: Admin

Current rank: Moderator 

What can you do to help the community: I pretty much think the same as @bryanbrr when it comes to the admin position. I feel like @"Nicol" has a lot on his plate and it would vastly help the community to have more admins. I would like to say that Nicol is a great admin, you truly do your best, but overall the server needs more people that can do more than what their Moderator ranks let them. I would like to help Nicol with the everyday running of the server as well as testing and implementing new ideas. I also believe that rule changes need to be discussed. Personally the current rules work well but I believe that they can be refined to better aid this servers goal, which is to have a server that is a fun experience for everybody. Overall I believe that we as a staff team can streamline a lot of the things we deal with on a day to day basis and having more admins would greatly assist in that process. It does not have to be me but I thought I would throw my name in the hat as well. Please use this thread as an opportunity to address the issues you have with me as a staff member and tell me what I should change. 

Why do you want to help this community. This is the only server I play on. I've been playing here for almost 6 years on and off (which is scary to say) and I have been staff for 8 months. I like this community and I want it to grow and thrive. I do not have any other experience staffing and I am sure that becoming admin would be a learning curve, but I think I am up for the challenge. I play here often enough to see and understand the issues facing this server and I would like to assist in making it a better place. 

Have you been banned? No, maybe a joke ban somewhere but nothing real.

Have you previously applied for staff? 

https://www.dinklebergsgmod.com/site/showthread.php?tid=10424 (Trusted denied)

https://www.dinklebergsgmod.com/site/showthread.php?tid=10686&page=2 (Trusted accepted)

https://www.dinklebergsgmod.com/site/showthread.php?tid=11462&page=2 (T-mod accepted)

https://www.dinklebergsgmod.com/site/showthread.php?tid=11887&page=2 (Moderator denied)

https://www.dinklebergsgmod.com/site/showthread.php?tid=12277&page=2 (Moderator accepted)

How did you find us: Honestly I do not remember. I have been a player here since 2014 and took a break and I remembered liking this server so when I came back I player here again.

Did you fill out the required questions: There are none.

Other: At the pushing of @"Prince Nicky La Flama Blanca" I made this to one, throw my name in the hat, and two get feedback from the community. I will not be bothered if I do not become Admin, @bryanbrr would do a better job than me anyways, but I would like to be apart of making this server a better place. I believe that Moderators need to be able to do more or we need more admins. Like I said Nicol is a great admin but having a second or third admin would be a great help for him. Please use this thread as a place to comment on my actions as staff, good or bad. I will not be upset about any negative comments, please tell me what you think I should change. Thank you.

RE: ThunderWalrus Admin Application - Deer-ly - 01-31-2021

"I abuse my powers im just waiting on the abuse thread"
"I don't want to be an admin i don't know why people keep saying that i should be"
If i have to hear you complain that you want to resign and hate being told you could be admin one more time im slapping you with obama

RE: ThunderWalrus Admin Application - thunderwalrusinnthebar - 01-31-2021

(01-31-2021, 10:36 PM)Milly~Dilly` Wrote: "I abuse my powers im just waiting on the abuse thread"
"I don't want to be an admin i don't know why people keep saying that i should be"
If i have to hear you complain that you want to resign and hate being told you could be admin one more time im slapping you with obama
the abusing my powers is in reference to me tping burb and nodnerb around, which is us messing with eachother. I should not being doing that and I was joking about how I am surprised that nobody has complained. 

Me saying I don't want to be admin and resigning was to do with the steiner situation. I was extremely frustrated at the time and I was venting. Since then I have realized that if I want to fix the issues on the server I need to actively go after them and not be mad and do nothing, hence why I am applying and looking for feedback.

RE: ThunderWalrus Admin Application - La Flama Blanca - 01-31-2021

I encouraged thunder, and all active moderators, to apply for admin. As someone who has previously served as the sole admin of two different servers, one popular and one not, I realize that it is much better to have multiple admins.

Thunder has great activity on the server, averaging it looks like around 90 minutes every day over the past month. Being highly active is useful as an admin as it helps you stay apprised of issues and remain familiar with players and community. Thunder has also been a moderator for 5 months now, which is another bonus.

I have some concerns as well. You do not have any forum threads where you have offered any suggestions for improving the server and I'm not aware of any such suggestions in Discord. Being aware of issues that might need adjustment and willing to offer some suggestions is important for an admin. Another area of concern is that you have tended to be unaware of the extent of how problematic certain players have been. It's important for an admin to be checking the watchlist or reviewing warns to make sure they are aware of a player's history.

Anyways, I hope you get some useful feedback on your application!

RE: ThunderWalrus Admin Application - thunderwalrusinnthebar - 01-31-2021

(01-31-2021, 10:52 PM)Prince Nicky La Flama Blanca Wrote: I encouraged thunder, and all active moderators, to apply for admin. As someone who has previously served as the sole admin of two different servers, one popular and one not, I realize that it is much better to have multiple admins.

Thunder has great activity on the server, averaging it looks like around 90 minutes every day over the past month. Being highly active is useful as an admin as it helps you stay apprised of issues and remain familiar with players and community. Thunder has also been a moderator for 5 months now, which is another bonus.

I have some concerns as well. You do not have any forum threads where you have offered any suggestions for improving the server and I'm not aware of any such suggestions in Discord. Being aware of issues that might need adjustment and willing to offer some suggestions is important for an admin. Another area of concern is that you have tended to be unaware of the extent of how problematic certain players have been. It's important for an admin to be checking the watchlist or reviewing warns to make sure they are aware of a player's history.

Anyways, I hope you get some useful feedback on your application!
Thank you for the advice!

RE: ThunderWalrus Admin Application - Jammin - 01-31-2021

Hi Thunder, I concur with much of what Nicky says. I sent some areas of concern to you over discord DM, as I said I would do while in-game.
Overall, I feel you are a good moderator who isn't afraid to ban fairly and sticks to the guidelines, while using discretion as appropriate.
Additionally, you are very active in-game, which is something that I feel is very important for any staff member.
Ahh i feel like i'm just rehashing Nicky's comments now.
One thing I notice specifically is that you are fair and do not pass harsher judgement on your enemies, or lesser punishment on your friends.
Additionally, you are very active in the ban/unban committee that we are in, and are always open to sharing your opinion on the pending appeal and/or staff app that the server has.
However, I do think there are some things to work on. Since these are a bit personal and may involve confidential staff items, I sent these to you in a discord DM.

Good luck with your application, Thunder!

RE: ThunderWalrus Admin Application - bryanbrr - 02-01-2021

Thunder,

You are one of my closest friends on the server and see the best sides of you. You are someone I recognize as wanting the best for the server and are not afraid to speak your mind on those opinions which shows strong leadership traits. You have committed yourself to your position and have done it extremely well. Seeing myself as one of your close friends I have also seen some downsides. One thing in particular that is of concern is arguing when someone may disagree with you. Though I know you do not mean bad intentions, the way it can come off is different from how I would do it. This doesn't detract from you obtaining the position. You are a great staff member, your intentions are pure and you want to see the server thrive. That should be enough.

Good luck <3

RE: ThunderWalrus Admin Application - dan - 02-01-2021

Refer to:
Dinkleberg's GMod > Trouble in Terrorist Town > TTT Staff Applications > TTT Staff Application Archive > Approved: ThunderWalrus for Moderator part 2, pg2 post 6

RE: ThunderWalrus Admin Application - Damien - 02-02-2021

Despite my disapproval of you I'm gonna give you a +1 because I think we need to fill the admin roles as much as we can on TTT

RE: ThunderWalrus Admin Application - synthray - 02-03-2021

Unfortunately for the position of administrator just shoveling members in isn't something that would bring a real benefit: instead it would potentially hurt the server. I'm not acquainted with the details but you get the idea.

Regarding Walrus,
Crits: Have never seen a critical view on the server or maybe the community

Praise: No fear to stick to the guidelines and stand your ground with bad users. Even if you get abuse threats, you know what you're doing.