Dinkleberg's GMod
banned for vague reasons - Printable Version

+- Dinkleberg's GMod (https://www.dinklebergsgmod.com/site)
+-- Forum: Discord (https://www.dinklebergsgmod.com/site/forumdisplay.php?fid=84)
+--- Forum: Discord Unban Requests (https://www.dinklebergsgmod.com/site/forumdisplay.php?fid=88)
+---- Forum: Discord Unban Request Archive (https://www.dinklebergsgmod.com/site/forumdisplay.php?fid=89)
+---- Thread: banned for vague reasons (/showthread.php?tid=13658)

Pages: 1 2 3 4

banned for vague reasons - GM Nate - 02-09-2021

Discord Name: GM Nate

Discord ID: GM Nate#5972

Who Banned You: it's anonymous but i have a pretty good guess lol

Reason For Ban: "You've been banned for enticing drama and flaming."

Length of Ban: "The current stage for 'Trolling/Flaming/Disrespect/Harassment/Enticing Drama' is now a tempban."

Reason for Admins to Unban: As far as i can tell from the 'evidence' that was linked by the bot, I was banned for saying tranny, a word that nicol specifically told me was allowed. The only other thing it might possibly be for is me accusing the people who overreacted to other players saying tranny of being simps for the e-girl who was called a tranny when it suddenly became against the rules after she was called it. BTW I have called stupiddy a tranny literally dozens of times across months and it was totally allowed by any and all staff present every single time

Either way I'm unclear on if i got banned for saying tranny or for pointing out the hypocrisy of people in game suddenly being punished for saying tranny just because several staff happen to simp for the girl who was called a tranny on the day in question. The 'evidence' that I was linked includes 2 instances of me calling random people trannies one of which was just a vague meme-y statement not directed at anyone specific wherein i said "We're coming for those tranny teeth", and 3 instances of me calling people simps/hypersensitive when they punished for/scrubbed the word 'tranny' that nicol, as well as all staff ive ever asked, told me was allowed, but ceased to be after an egirl they are all interested in got called a tranny.

let the record reflect that i have had intercourse with 3 trannies all of whom enjoyed being called it, and have been directly told that the word is allowed by the boy who is currently the *only* admin of the gamemode i play in dinks.

Have you been banned before(any of our platforms & Link relevant threads): I guess technically several months ago I got a 1 day ban from ttt after my friend 'the real darkness nuke sweden' got me day banned after he told a staff member i RDMed him and ran to try to mess with me. Could have appealed and got it taken off, but I really dont play on a daily basis so i let it pass.

Other: Look all I'm saying is that this ban seems to be about a disdain for me that's held by a selection of staff. Maybe I'm supposed to pretend to not know that certain staff involved in this ban talk about me a bit too often in the staff discord, and generally dislike me. All I'm asking for is y'all to be honest about the fact that most of, if not all the evidence linked does not violate any rules and y'all just banned me bc you don't like me. If i don't get unbanned it's no big deal since I still see the exact same people I interact with on the official discord on countless affiliated discords, but I'm frankly not surprised that this is the thing that y'all decided to jump on, considering I've done much worse plenty of times, but this time it's personal to a simpy segment of the staff.

RE: banned for vague reasons - jax - 02-09-2021

(02-09-2021, 12:14 PM)Three Tight Hole Wrote: Reason For Ban: "You've been banned for enticing drama and flaming."

e-girls, e-simping, e-enticing drama, and e-flaming

im gonna e-killmyself

RE: banned for vague reasons - La Flama Blanca - 02-09-2021

I wasn't the one who banned you - I had instead suggested that a ban request be placed on the forums by the parties interested in banning you from Discord so you would have a chance to defend yourself beforehand.

I have previously, however, added a warn to you on the Discord server. This was in response to some comments you posted that appeared to be attacking of female TTT players, and which I suspected was aimed at one player in particular. We had a short conversation via private message where I asked you to please "cut it out" with messages that could be construed as attacks and let you know that the strikes could lead to a temporary ban. Regardless of your feelings about specific people or "e-girls," it's not appropriate to attack them in our community Discord server. Now I'm not sure why there's a need to cause drama or attack people anywhere, but you and I both know that can instead be done on a private server.

With regards to your use of the derogatory term that refers to certain members of the LGBT community, I was not aware that it would be considered a "slur" per our relatively lax server rules. Yes, I think using the word is cringey and awful, which is why I personally do not use it. However, there are only two (and the shortened form of one) "slurs" for which I am aware that staff are to warn, mute, and gag for. The term which you used is not one of these.

That being said, just because we do not warn/gag/mute for the use of a term instantly, we are not powerless against it. We still will warn/gag/mute for certain terms if they are used to harass or personally insult players. If, for example, a young player chooses to reveal a mental disability on the server and is then called a "retard" by others as a cruel insult. We would then, of course, punish. And if you were asked to not use the questionable term immediately beforehand by a staff member, that would be another reason to punish.

I'm not going to comment in-depth on the "simpy segment" of the staff remarks. I'm not going to deny the existence of such a segment, but I will say that I would not consider our most active Discord staff members, Jammin and Synthray, to be associated with such a segment.

RE: banned for vague reasons - GM Nate - 02-09-2021

only two things in this comment by nicky i feel compelled to respond to.
1 i was certainly never personally warned or told not to say tranny prior to being banned.
2 jammin and simpray. Jammin will take offense to anything and certainly purged a post that day which simply said the word tranny, which in part sparked my comments about the word, along with walrus doling out warns for using it. Most likely this was just due to Jammin's sensitive nature and not due to any simping. Btw one of the pieces of 'evidence' was me calling him hypersensitive for removing said post by another user which used that word. Synthray on the other hand has earned the apt nickname simpray and definitely directs a tremendous amount of simp energy toward the girl who was called a tranny on the day it suddenly became disallowed.

Editing to mention that it is no secret that jammin has some level of vendetta against me going as far as to post screenshots of things i said in discords other than dink's in the admin chat as well as screenshots of my steam DMs with a player who at the time was banned from dink's. I know I'm supposed to pretend that no one leaks the admin chat but every time he oversteps like that several people show me.

RE: banned for vague reasons - Jammin - 02-09-2021

I'm at work but will be happy to respond to the allegations against me later on tonight, as well as the evidence that led to your ban as appropriate.

For the record your current ban had absolutely nothing to do with using the word "tranny." I was initially informed by a regular player that that word was considered a slur (I wasn't aware of that, but removed all instances of it to be sure - turns out it isn't considered one). No punishments were ever handed out for use of that word standalone as a slur.

The post that triggered your ban targeted/harassed another player. I'll post more on it when I get home in a few hours, unless another discord staff member can post in the meantime.

Also you had been muted twice and received a strike in the 4-5 days preceding your ban. I personally DM'd you once regarding your behavior, which was considered to entice drama. I would consider that adequate warning.

RE: banned for vague reasons - thunderwalrusinnthebar - 02-09-2021

I'm not sure if you asking about the use of tranny is in regards to me warning people for using that word the other day, but if it is I will state that I warned people after I gagged somebody for using it as an insult towards another player. A couple other players then took issue with that and started to also say it, leading to me warning them. If your issue on discord is related to me warning people, I would like to point out that you had a similar issue with me warning bg_ala for using the n word. I honestly don't understand why you involve yourself with these arguements when you are not on the server to witness the actual events. If you were banned for saying tranny I guess I plus 0 this unban because it seems to be a gray area when it comes to slurs.

RE: banned for vague reasons - happy - 02-09-2021

Wait is part of the evidence against him from other discords outside of dinks?

RE: banned for vague reasons - dong - 02-09-2021

Tf y'all be doing after I leave lmao. That many people leak admin chat now? If you're gonna issue a ban should have probably compiled evidence prior to this, but I'm not voting until I see it.

RE: banned for vague reasons - GM Nate - 02-09-2021

(02-09-2021, 02:38 PM)Happy Wrote: Wait is part of the evidence against him from other discords outside of dinks?
no. was just making a broader statement about jammin and how he interacts with me, since nicky mentioned that jammin, the person who most likely enforced the punishment was likely not doing so for simpy reasons, but more than likely for personal reasons, nonetheless.

RE: banned for vague reasons - jax - 02-09-2021

(02-09-2021, 02:26 PM)Jammin Wrote: No punishments were ever handed out for use of that word standalone as a slur.

Except more than 5 were. I got warned twice, kicked, and threaten with a ban because I said "Tranny" as a standalone word. Kizzy was warned twice and kicked, and two other players were warned.

also up until that point i saw the word "tranny" maybe once since having started to play on the server. nor had i ever felt the need to use the word. i just found it hilarious that there is absolutely no consistency on what words are banned or not, and the absolute simpage by thunder. If someone who was actually transgendered had said "hey man can you not use that word, kinda makes me uncomfortable" I would have happily obliged.

[Image: b6piqn.PNG]

(02-09-2021, 02:29 PM)thunderwalrusinnthebar Wrote: I'm not sure if you asking about the use of tranny is in regards to me warning people for using that word the other day, but if it is I will state that I warned people after I gagged somebody for using it as an insult towards another player. A couple other players then took issue with that and started to also say it, leading to me warning them. If your issue on discord is related to me warning people, I would like to point out that you had a similar issue with me warning bg_ala for using the n word. I honestly don't understand why you involve yourself with these arguements when you are not on the server to witness the actual events. If you were banned for saying tranny I guess I plus 0 this unban because it seems to be a gray area when it comes to slurs.

why are you lying lol there was an ongoing (albeit hugely cringe) joke going by some of the players that burb had a bussy, so the vote was made. Clearly burb didn't care: "1 obviously!", "LOL"

"warned for slurs in vote", "warned for slurs" are all the reasons you warned people. Now you're trying to shift the goalpost by saying "it was because it was an insult!!!" which is objectively false, and a straight up lie.

absolute white knight move

[Image: ar7wed.PNG]