Dinkleberg's GMod
Remove jumpack murder ? - Printable Version

+- Dinkleberg's GMod (https://www.dinklebergsgmod.com/site)
+-- Forum: Murder (https://www.dinklebergsgmod.com/site/forumdisplay.php?fid=54)
+--- Forum: Murder Suggestions & Help (https://www.dinklebergsgmod.com/site/forumdisplay.php?fid=55)
+--- Thread: Remove jumpack murder ? (/showthread.php?tid=13703)

Pages: 1 2

Remove jumpack murder ? - Norm Minder - 02-17-2021

I don't know if it's been suggested before .But I want to suggest it .Let's remove jumpack and back to double jump ? I've really heard that most new / regular players are uncomfortable with jumpack.It's not fair to new players ,it's very difficult to kill someone who's a jumpack if you're a murder  .It will be good to hear other people's opinion ;)!

RE: Remove jumpack murder ? - jax - 02-17-2021

remove the point shop from all servers

RE: Remove jumpack murder ? - TheUltraFish - 02-17-2021

It only gets unfair when you go places other players, including those that are new murderers, that they cannot go without the jump pack. I know several of you use the bullshit excuse of "well, that's why I make myself seeable so they can throw the knife at me" yeah because throwing the knife is easier to master than the jump pack. I see your point as well and it'd be nice but I doubt you could get it through.

RE: Remove jumpack murder ? - Norm Minder - 02-17-2021

(02-17-2021, 07:23 AM)ITheUltraFish Wrote: It only gets unfair when you go places other players, including those that are new murderers, that they cannot go without the jump pack. I know several of you use the bullshit excuse of "well, that's why I make myself seeable so they can throw the knife at me" yeah because throwing the knife is easier to master than the jump pack. I see your point as well and it'd be nice but I doubt you could get it through.
Thanks you for feedback.Yes, you can throw  a knife ,but the new players don't really know how to throw  a knife ,and it's impossible to throw a knife everywhere, sometimes you can not throw a knife in very high places ."Lego tower, resort behind The grass  ,springbreak up the hotel and higher places " Also in the Lego map if you dont have jumpack you cant climb at The any house.And its too hard to throw when people jumping on other and other trees,houses.I hope you understand my opinion.

RE: Remove jumpack murder ? - happy - 02-17-2021

(02-17-2021, 08:23 AM)Norm Minder Wrote:
(02-17-2021, 07:23 AM)ITheUltraFish Wrote: It only gets unfair when you go places other players, including those that are new murderers, that they cannot go without the jump pack. I know several of you use the bullshit excuse of "well, that's why I make myself seeable so they can throw the knife at me" yeah because throwing the knife is easier to master than the jump pack. I see your point as well and it'd be nice but I doubt you could get it through.
Thanks you for feedback.Yes, you can throw  a knife ,but the new players don't really know how to throw  a knife ,and it's impossible to throw a knife everywhere, sometimes you can not throw a knife in very high places ."Lego tower, resort behind The grass  ,springbreak up the hotel and higher places " Also in the Lego map if you dont have jumpack you cant climb at The any house.And its too hard to throw when people jumping on other and other trees,houses.I hope you understand my opinion.
I believe the knife throwing is easier comment was sarcastic

RE: Remove jumpack murder ? - Ashly Is Overwhelmed - 02-17-2021

personnaly i hate double jump its really annoying and i find it harder to run away with it but then also well be in dr's situation constantly getting ids to take the jet pack from people

RE: Remove jumpack murder ? - Jammin - 02-17-2021

Maybe make the jumppack a tiny bit cheaper? So that a guest can buy it right away? That would eliminate the issues with fairness for new players

RE: Remove jumpack murder ? - Burb - 02-17-2021

(02-17-2021, 12:53 PM)Jammin Wrote: Maybe make the jumppack a tiny bit cheaper? So that a guest can buy it right away? That would eliminate the issues with fairness for new players

You can buy the jumppack as soon as you join, some guests complain that it is "pay to win" though.*
If the jumppack is removed then I feel the Lego map would also need to be removed as a number of houses will no longer be accessible.
If people are using the jumppack to get into spots that are inaccessible for players without jumppacks then add it to an illegal spot list. (I say this specifically because MTT Resort)

I don't think the jumppack is the issue so much as people getting to inaccessible spots. The jumppack does help negate fall damage so there's some incentive to keeping it (in my opinion).

*Edit: "New players have 50k points when they appear on the server for the first time and jump pack costs 10k."

RE: Remove jumpack murder ? - dero - 02-17-2021

Jumping in to say removing the jump pack is not easy without completely resetting everyone’s inventory. PS2 loves the jump pack and makes it impossible to remove it from the addon. What could be done is removing it from the store and do what dr does and remove it from every person’s inventory you can find. The downside is they need to be on to remove it. Another option is to have people take a screenshot of their inventory, reset the inventory database, then give the people their items back. Again they must be online to give people their items back. If you want more of a “purge everything” sort of style and just reset the database. This is probably the worst option as people who spent a lot of time and maybe every real money on their items would not be very happy. The best option imo is for dink or someone with access to the server’s files to edit the values to make the jump pack a cosmetic item instead of a utility item. The jump pack is very customizable in them addon’s config files so as long as dink will play along this should be very easy. Only downside really is people being upset that they don’t jump high anymore.

RE: Remove jumpack murder ? - Jammin - 02-17-2021

My argument against the pay to win is that
1. Players are given enough cash to buy it upon joining
2. Players who choose not to buy it can also throw the knife

For a game mode such as murder I feel the issues with the jumppack that are often brought up in DR and TTT don't apply here.
If anything just make it cheaper or even feel in PS2.