Dinkleberg's GMod
Caribou Ban Request - Printable Version

+- Dinkleberg's GMod (https://www.dinklebergsgmod.com/site)
+-- Forum: Trouble in Terrorist Town (https://www.dinklebergsgmod.com/site/forumdisplay.php?fid=3)
+--- Forum: TTT Ban Requests (https://www.dinklebergsgmod.com/site/forumdisplay.php?fid=8)
+---- Forum: TTT Ban Request Archive (https://www.dinklebergsgmod.com/site/forumdisplay.php?fid=46)
+---- Thread: Caribou Ban Request (/showthread.php?tid=14301)

Caribou Ban Request - raw nug eater - 05-31-2021

Offender's Name: Caribou

Offender's SteamID: STEAM_0:0:54233698

Potential Witnesses: None

Reason to Ban: RDM of traitor, no punishment issued even though clear evidence on death scene and associated logs. He claims he shot me because I walked over an unID'd body, which is true. He says there were multiple and that's why he shot. There was only one, you can't shoot someone for walking over an unID'd body especially due to the fact that, like in my case, I had just gotten there and didn't know what had happened, plus he said he was chasing another traitor (autumn) who was likely who killed that person first, considering he was chasing them? It makes no sense for him to shoot me whatsoever given the information that he provided to me and the others in the report.

Proof:

RE: Caribou Ban Request - RussEfarmer - 05-31-2021

It sucks that you were RDMed, but is that one RDM really important enough to write an entire ban request for it? You could have had fun in at least a few more rounds of TTT in the time it took you to record your evidence and make this ban request.. would you consider it to be worth it?

RE: Caribou Ban Request - Cryptic Salsa - 05-31-2021

you did walk past it tho 100% fair kill yeah its a bit scumy that he didnt id it but he was a d i also like how you position the camera so we cant really see you walk past the body

RE: Caribou Ban Request - Cactus - 05-31-2021

I handled the report once I got on (2rounds after it originally happened) if you turned the death scene camera around you would see yourself clearly walking past an un Id'd body, I don't know if caribou noticed it before he turned around on the stairs but about half way up he turns around and see's you on top of an un id'd body which is kosable (although given the circumstances he probably should have given you a chance to id it) he doesn't technically have to so I didn't see it as rdm.

RE: Caribou Ban Request - raw nug eater - 05-31-2021

(05-31-2021, 01:00 AM)RussEfarmer Wrote: It sucks that you were RDMed, but is that one RDM really important enough to write an entire ban request for it? You could have had fun in at least a few more rounds of TTT in the time it took you to record your evidence and make this ban request.. would you consider it to be worth it?
I was advised by another member of staff that if I do not believe a report was handled correctly to file a ban request, do I actually want this person banned? No, I'd just like the slay to be administered. Also, I had the evidence collected after I died early one round so I didn't waste any playtime, it was the only reason I went through with getting it because I had the extra time.

(05-31-2021, 04:38 AM)Cryptic Salsa Wrote: you did walk past it tho 100% fair kill yeah its a bit scumy that he didnt id it but he was a d i also like how you position the camera so we cant really see you walk past the body

Towards the last part of the video I turned the camera around as he walked up the stairs and I was behind him so you can see where it says, "(insert name of person's body) UnID" Also, you can see by the nametag of the body that it was at the bottom of the stairs, left corner if you're looking down. It didn't show it when I was looking sideways towards the top of the stairs either and with the FOV we should've been able to see it, I don't know why we didn't here.

(05-31-2021, 06:37 AM)Cactus Wrote: I handled the report once I got on (2rounds after it originally happened) if you turned the death scene camera around you would see yourself clearly walking past an un Id'd body, I don't know if caribou noticed it before he turned around on the stairs but about half way up he turns around and see's you on top of an un id'd body which is kosable (although given the circumstances he probably should have given you a chance to id it) he doesn't technically have to so I didn't see it as rdm.

I stated above I had just entered the area and didn't know it was there at the time. He also claimed that he was chasing another traitor (autumn) and because of this he didn't ID it, technically making him KOS as well if he were an innocent doing the same thing, so why is it fair when I enter the area, not knowing anything of what's happening, to just be shot on sight because it just happens to be me doing something he considers traitorous?  I've always seen the SOP (Standard Operating Procedure) for when people walk past unID'd bodies to ask them to ID them because, like in this case, they probably didn't see them. If they're a traitor, you're gonna find out very quickly.

RE: Caribou Ban Request - Battons - 05-31-2021

It is unfortanute however in this specific instance we should look to the motd rules for how to proceed.
"Knowingly walking past or failing to identify a reasonably visible unidentified body"
So obviously you didn't know there was an unided, but looking at the deathcam it looks like the body was right below you and you weren't in a situation where you couldn't have stopped to id it. Had I been the detective here I would have asked you to id it, but he was within his right to kill you here.
To answer your last question, yes if he was an innocent and walked past it you could have killed him.
I'll leave this thread up a bit longer in case you have any questions but I will not be issuing a punishment against caribou at this time.

RE: Caribou Ban Request - Damien - 05-31-2021

Considering that Cactus said he handled the report, this is an open and shut case. Guy was within bounds of killing you since you had passed by an Unidentified body.

Case Closed

-1 on a ban

RE: Caribou Ban Request - Battons - 05-31-2021

Agreed. Closed, see answer above.