Dinkleberg's GMod
Unban Request - Printable Version

+- Dinkleberg's GMod (https://www.dinklebergsgmod.com/site)
+-- Forum: Trouble in Terrorist Town (https://www.dinklebergsgmod.com/site/forumdisplay.php?fid=3)
+--- Forum: TTT Appeals (https://www.dinklebergsgmod.com/site/forumdisplay.php?fid=9)
+---- Forum: TTT Appeals Archive (https://www.dinklebergsgmod.com/site/forumdisplay.php?fid=47)
+---- Thread: Unban Request (/showthread.php?tid=14307)

Unban Request - stoked - 06-01-2021

Ingame Name: i'll be seeing you

SteamID: STEAM_0:1:12751122

Who Banned You: bryanbrr

Reason For Ban: rdm and leave

Length of Ban: 1 day

Reason for Admins to Unban: I didn't rdm, I killed thunderwalrus who called out nick (nick was identified as innocent). I think I've been told this is a rule but if in this scenario, thunderwalrus had a good reason to kill nick, then it's rdm to kill thunderwalrus. But it's stupid as fuck because I have no way of knowing that information during the round. We play TTT with incomplete information. If someone calls out someone else, and that person ends up being innocent, then that's a traitorous action; otherwise there's nothing stopping from every traitor being basically invulnerable because all they have to do is make up a reason during the round.

Secondary reason is that I left two rounds after the report was made. What am I supposed to do, sit there for 10 years while the admin presses a button? I needed to go take a shit.

Have you been banned before (Link relevant threads): 

no

RE: Unban Request - bryanbrr - 06-01-2021

Scenerio: Player A crowbarred Player B. Player B called kos on Player A for damaging them. Player B kills Player A. Player C sees Player A was innocent then proceeds to kill Player B. This is how the situation played out. The report was handled at the end of the round when Thunder notified me and I issued a slay. You were gone so rdm and leave was enforced. If thunder agrees to an unban then by all means this will be done quickly.

RE: Unban Request - stoked - 06-01-2021

That's the scenario with a birds eye, after-the-fact view of the round. Here's how the scenario looked like to me, a player in the round:

Player B claims that Player A crowbarred him. Player B calls a KOS on Player A. Player A is killed, and identified as innocent. Player B called a KOS on an innocent - a traitorous action by any definition. Player C kills Player B.

What's stopping me from being a T and killing people, then claiming that they did something to me to make it justified? Should other players in the round who KOS/kill me roll the dice on whether or not I am a T that should be killed, or an innocent that had justified reasons to kill people and therefore hold a potential slay over your head if I feel maligned enough to report them?

(06-01-2021, 07:33 PM)i'll be seeing you Wrote: What's stopping me from being a T and killing people, then claiming that they did something to me to make it justified? Should other players in the round who KOS/kill me roll the dice on whether or not I am a T that should be killed, or an innocent that had justified reasons to kill people and therefore hold a potential slay over your head if I feel maligned enough to report them?
Nothing is stopping you from doing this. It's up to the Innocents and Detectives to find evidence that you did it before killing you. This is how you play TTT. If they have no evidence and they kill you then report them for rdm.

RE: Unban Request - Cryptic Salsa - 06-01-2021

(06-01-2021, 07:33 PM)i'll be seeing you Wrote: That's the scenario with a birds eye, after-the-fact view of the round. Here's how the scenario looked like to me, a player in the round:

Player B claims that Player A crowbarred him. Player B calls a KOS on Player A. Player A is killed, and identified as innocent. Player B called a KOS on an innocent - a traitorous action by any definition. Player C kills Player B.

What's stopping me from being a T and killing people, then claiming that they did something to me to make it justified? Should other players in the round who KOS/kill me roll the dice on whether or not I am a T that should be killed, or an innocent that had justified reasons to kill people and therefore hold a potential slay over your head if I feel maligned enough to report them?
thats the thing you cant kill people for defending themself either but you dont really know what happened first in that case you cant do anything to help it you just have to let them live unless someone else saw it and says thats not what happened

RE: Unban Request - thunderwalrusinnthebar - 06-01-2021

Ill unban you and you can serve the slay. What you did was rdm as I had a legit reason to kill him, as he damaged me.

You do realize this gives T's an enormously untenable advantage in rounds, right? In a server where the T's already have an enormous advantage due to the various custom items, they get even stronger because you have to directly witness them do anything and everything? In a game that is almost entirely based on communication?

RE: Unban Request - thunderwalrusinnthebar - 06-01-2021

Unbanned

Thanks for the unban

(06-01-2021, 07:37 PM)i'll be seeing you Wrote: You do realize this gives T's an enormously untenable advantage in rounds, right? In a server where the T's already have an enormous advantage due to the various custom items, they get even stronger because you have to directly witness them do anything and everything? In a game that is almost entirely based on communication?
You dont "have" to witness a T killing someone in order to call kos. There are plenty of resources to help determine whether someone is a T or not. Regardless, Thunder has agreed to an unban. You should be unbanned at this point and you will serve a slay when you return. Case Closed.