Dinkleberg's GMod
Health / Fitness / Gym Channel (Discord) - Printable Version

+- Dinkleberg's GMod (https://www.dinklebergsgmod.com/site)
+-- Forum: Discord (https://www.dinklebergsgmod.com/site/forumdisplay.php?fid=84)
+--- Forum: Discord Suggestions & Help (https://www.dinklebergsgmod.com/site/forumdisplay.php?fid=87)
+--- Thread: Health / Fitness / Gym Channel (Discord) (/showthread.php?tid=14643)

Pages: 1 2 3

Health / Fitness / Gym Channel (Discord) - jax - 08-03-2021

Not sure why we don’t already have one, but I think a health / fitness / gym discord channel would be a good idea.

RE: Health / Fitness / Gym Channel (Discord) - VolfVoss - 08-03-2021

There was one, but it got removed because the topic declined rapidly.

RE: Health / Fitness / Gym Channel (Discord) - Jammin - 08-03-2021

It got archived due to rampant toxicity. This is well before covid hit.

I am all for bringing it back but it'll be under stricter rules than the last to avoid it growing toxic again.

@jax what kind of content are you looking to see? Like posting gym reps, cardio times, etc?

RE: Health / Fitness / Gym Channel (Discord) - jax - 08-03-2021

(08-03-2021, 12:46 PM)Jammin Wrote: It got archived due to rampant toxicity. This is well before covid hit.

I am all for bringing it back but it'll be under stricter rules than the last to avoid it growing toxic again.

@jax  what kind of content are you looking to see? Like posting gym reps, cardio times, etc?
I personally envision things like gym motivation, gym memes, routines, progress pics, Q&As, form checks, studies relating to lifting anything like that. If you remember quantum community gym channel, that, but probably a little stricter. 

As for the wellness portion, that can be anything from diet/food/lifestyle changes, etc.

What type of “toxicity” was occurring?

RE: Health / Fitness / Gym Channel (Discord) - .cee - 08-03-2021

@Jammin gimmegimmegimmegimmegimmegimmegimmegimmegimmegimmegimmegimmegimme. it'll be like 6 of us in there anyway. is there any chance we can whitelist it so only certain individuals can join? randoms/people who randomly join the discord wouldn't be able to look into the channel to see videos/pictures of individuals. we can make sure there are no creeps.

RE: Health / Fitness / Gym Channel (Discord) - HONG - 08-03-2021

(08-03-2021, 01:04 PM)jax Wrote:
(08-03-2021, 12:46 PM)Jammin Wrote: @jax  what kind of content are you looking to see? Like posting gym reps, cardio times, etc?
I personally envision things like gym motivation, gym memes, routines, progress pics, Q&As, form checks, studies relating to lifting anything like that. If you remember quantum community gym channel, that, but probably a little stricter. 

As for the wellness portion, that can be anything from diet/food/lifestyle changes, etc.

Could be cool to mix this into general irl/people content so long as it’s carefully done as to not tangle with any risks that come with having minors in a discord (as harmless as the idea of posting selfies is, there are some real creeps out there on the internet).

RE: Health / Fitness / Gym Channel (Discord) - matt_st3 (Strongrule) - 08-03-2021

Bring back health and wellness, was yeeted instead of the shitposters smh

The posting pictures/selfies is the main issue I see right now but I like everything else. Possibly will be rolled out with a whitelist/18+ requirement initially.

I'm not sure what the toxicity entails, but it appeared to divulge into arguing/bickering when it was finally archived. I don't anticipate this being an issue with the proper policies in place

RE: Health / Fitness / Gym Channel (Discord) - jax - 08-03-2021

(08-03-2021, 01:42 PM)HONG Wrote:
(08-03-2021, 12:46 PM)Jammin Wrote: @jax  what kind of content are you looking to see? Like posting gym reps, cardio times, etc?

Could be cool to mix this into general irl/people content so long as it’s carefully done as to not tangle with any risks that come with having minors in a discord (as harmless as the idea of posting selfies is, there are some real creeps out there on the internet).

If selfie’s are the main concern, I’m fine abstaining from that until we get a whitelist 18+ system going. That being said, I think progress pictures on any lifting / fitness forum is a big part of said forum. As long as there’s no sexualizing, I don’t see why it would be a problem. Anyone who makes creepy comments etc == ban. Not to mention the fact people can just go to the beach and see the same thing. But honestly, not a Hill I’m going to die on because I don’t really mind leaving that out for the sake of privacy / being safe given the history of some people on the server.

@Jammin Another option could be making the channel locked, unless you explicitly ask for it or whitelisted for it via a role.

(08-03-2021, 02:03 PM)jax Wrote:
(08-03-2021, 01:42 PM)HONG Wrote:
(08-03-2021, 12:46 PM)Jammin Wrote: -snip-
-snip-
-snip-

If selfie’s are the main concern, I’m fine abstaining from that until we get a whitelist 18+ system going. That being said, I think progress pictures on any lifting / fitness forum is a big part of said forum. As long as there’s no sexualizing, I don’t see why it would be a problem. Anyone who makes creepy comments etc == ban. Not to mention the fact people can just go to the beach and see the same thing. But honestly, not a Hill I’m going to die on because I don’t really mind leaving that out for the sake of privacy / being safe given the history of some people on the server.

@Jammin Another option could be making the channel locked, unless you explicitly ask for it or whitelisted for it via a role.
This is my exact thought - having a whitelist system. I understand the need to be able to post selfies for this purpose, I'd like to incorporate that all.

Great suggestion Jax!