Dinkleberg's GMod
Spot Legal or Not? - Printable Version

+- Dinkleberg's GMod (https://www.dinklebergsgmod.com/site)
+-- Forum: Prop Hunt (https://www.dinklebergsgmod.com/site/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+--- Forum: PH Suggestions & Help (https://www.dinklebergsgmod.com/site/forumdisplay.php?fid=11)
+--- Thread: Spot Legal or Not? (/showthread.php?tid=14780)

Pages: 1 2

Spot Legal or Not? - StrenuousSpider - 08-22-2021

since my first thing I wrote got deleted from the server map change ill make this short lol.

This spot was told to me by Aki to be considered Pixel Hunting which I don't agree with, I don't see it nearly as extreme as the blue chair from the Pixel hunting days which I was a part of and undertand. Ive been hiding here for awhile now its a spot I took from Slasheronic, and Lucas idk who had it first, one of the two I found in the spot and the other i saw from a team perspective and figured it out from there. ive played on this Map(Isalnd house) with many people and never had issues with the spot, and id assume neither did Slash or Lucas who have prolly been hiding there much longer then I. In the end if yall say its a no no I wont hide there, just want other opinions on the matter because like last time i understand every mod has a different idea on what is or is not allowed.

RE: Spot Legal or Not? - TheUltraFish - 08-22-2021

Hard to tell how much is showing there from the angle. Maybe get a picture of the spot after using !3p should get us enough of an idea for sure on your prop's placement getting to be legal or not.

Aki took other screens of you using that spot and made sure to ask the other staff members about it. The additional screens made it much easier to see if the spot was actually ok or not. The staff that responded were not in favor of the spot including myself. Hiding in that spot with that prop in that specific way is not okay. With each prop, the argument could change but anything similar to that is a no go. You are hard to see and the majority of said prop is not showing.

RE: Spot Legal or Not? - §5Aki - 08-22-2021

I asked the other staff members for their opinion if it was legal or not/pixel hunting — they agreed. I will add my screens as well because why not and I will add input as needed C:

RE: Spot Legal or Not? - RussEfarmer - 08-22-2021

Yeah I'd say this is legal, most semi experienced players know to check door frames..

RE: Spot Legal or Not? - StrenuousSpider - 08-22-2021

Got it, ill inform lucas and slash its a no go if I see them. still disagree its pixel hunting as that's mor ethen a pixel out but ill accept its not ok.
and not to be disrespectful or not, but I hardly care if you talk to others as that was never mentioned until now, so I will continue to post things here if I disagree simple as that, as im not apart of the whole discussion amongst you guys.

plus id say if this is considered pixel hunting the same should apply for the wrenches on space ship as over half the prop is not shown and blends in damn near perfectly and other props on various other maps.... but yall have the final word so it is what it is even if I disagree.

RussEfarmer Wrote:Yeah I'd say this is legal, most semi experienced players know to check door frames..
blends in to well to be legal I guess, as its defiantly not by definition pixel hunting.

TheUltraFish Wrote:Hard to tell how much is showing there from the angle. Maybe get a picture of the spot after using !3p should get us enough of an idea for sure on your prop's placement getting to be legal or not.

Aki took other screens of you using that spot and made sure to ask the other staff members about it. The additional screens made it much easier to see if the spot was actually ok or not. The staff that responded were not in favor of the spot including myself. Hiding in that spot with that prop in that specific way is not okay. With each prop, the argument could change but anything similar to that is a no go. You are hard to see and the majority of said prop is not showing.
Oh and if by chance we get the map again ill add my own 3P SS if that's fine with yall.

RE: Spot Legal or Not? - Mother Nuru. - 08-22-2021

(08-22-2021, 09:06 PM)StrenuousSpider Wrote: Got it, ill inform lucas and slash its a no go if I see them. still disagree its pixel hunting as that's mor ethen a pixel out but ill accept its not ok.
and not to be disrespectful or not, but I hardly care if you talk to others as that was never mentioned until now, so I will continue to post things here if I disagree simple as that, as im not apart of the whole discussion amongst you guys.

plus id say if this is considered pixel hunting the same should apply for the wrenches on space ship as over half the prop is not shown and blends in damn near perfectly and other props on various other maps.... but yall have the final word so it is what it is even if I disagree.

It's not your job to inform everyone of things like this. The staff is perfectly capable of doing that since you brought them up. Leave staffing to staff. You are more than welcome to disagree but the way you're going about things is honestly not the best. The attitude you have about this is what I'm referring to.

As for the response on "I don't care if you talk to others" That was mentioned as a transparency thing so you wouldn't think Aki had it out for you specifically etc. When a staff member is unsure of a spot they ask others. This is what happened. Nobody was saying not to post here etc. Fish said it before aki did as well and you didn't respond to him with the attitude you gave aki.

If you have issues with things talk to them like people and not the way you did. It goes a lot farther when you treat people like people. Smile. :)

Mother Nuru. Wrote:
StrenuousSpider Wrote:Got it, ill inform lucas and slash its a no go if I see them. still disagree its pixel hunting as that's mor ethen a pixel out but ill accept its not ok.

lol, of course Aki does not have it out for me and I never thought that, I simply don't like it being discussed like I knew thats what went down before starting this thread, and the only reason it was responded to her was because it was something fish and her said so why talk about it twice if I could put it in one reply, it has no ill intent towards her and I don't appreciate the accusation of such as i have no problems with her or her doing her job, and if i did it would not be here in this section but in staff abuse. the only reason I tagged fish the second time was because i forgot to mention taking extra SS in the first reply. not everything I said in that reply had to do with what Aki said, and i even said no disrespect to get the point across that it was not my intention for such. I dont care if yall talk amongst yourselves simple as that, you may not like how i word things but that does not mean there is any back handed hate amongst them. i simply asked for yalls opinons here, to be heard here, what yall said in the staff id assume discord is amongst yall and yall alone, so yah i dont care if yall talked it over there I wanted your opinions on here where ive seen people told time and time again to go to.

while its not my job, those are two people i talk to, well slash not so much lucas as he is rarely on. so i see no problems with me mentioning to them the spot is no longer legal.

now if we can stop with all the shade throwing back and forth, and miss understanding what others are saying ill post my SS when i get the chance to take them and we can start over from there.
It's not your job to inform everyone of things like this. The staff is perfectly capable of doing that since you brought them up. Leave staffing to staff. You are more than welcome to disagree but the way you're going about things is honestly not the best. The attitude you have about this is what I'm referring to.

As for the response on "I don't care if you talk to others" That was mentioned as a transparency thing so you wouldn't think Aki had it out for you specifically etc. When a staff member is unsure of a spot they ask others. This is what happened. Nobody was saying not to post here etc. Fish said it before aki did as well and you didn't respond to him with the attitude you gave aki.

If you have issues with things talk to them like people and not the way you did. It goes a lot farther when you treat people like people. Smile. :)

idk why it posted that way. I do apologize if being honest and blunt about things seems like disrespect.

RE: Spot Legal or Not? - Mother Nuru. - 08-22-2021

(08-22-2021, 09:38 PM)StrenuousSpider Wrote:
Mother Nuru. Wrote:
StrenuousSpider Wrote:-snip snip snip-

idk why it posted that way. I do apologize if being honest and blunt about things seems like disrespect.

It's not about what is said, but >how< it was worded. Like my very last sentence I put was smartass nuru per usual if that makes more sense. You can put no offense, or no disrespect on something but that doesnt mean it doesn't give off that vibe yknow?

As for you spot I wanted to input I think it became pixel hunt because the bottom of the lamp is invisible much like the AC or vending machine, etc, so all that could be seen unless jumping at a door, was the pole, which wasn't that much of it. I think making the game less of a competition all the time and more of a fun thing for all including new people, so they wanna stay, is a much better spectrum to be on.

But I'm not staff or anything I'm just very opinionated everywhere LMAO so feel free to ignore me entirely. I'm mouthy and a smartass, can't help it.

Mother Nuru. Wrote:
StrenuousSpider Wrote:
Mother Nuru. Wrote:
StrenuousSpider Wrote:-snip snip snip-

It's not about what is said, but >how< it was worded. Like my very last sentence I put was smartass nuru per usual if that makes more sense. You can put no offense, or no disrespect on something but that doesnt mean it doesn't give off that vibe yknow?

As for you spot I wanted to input I think it became pixel hunt because the bottom of the lamp is invisible much like the AC or vending machine, etc, so all that could be seen unless jumping at a door, was the pole, which wasn't that much of it. I think making the game less of a competition all the time and more of a fun thing for all including new people, so they wanna stay, is a much better spectrum to be on.

But I'm not staff or anything I'm just very opinionated everywhere LMAO so feel free to ignore me entirely. I'm mouthy and a smartass, can't help it.
Its the little wine glass that i am, when i get my screen shots ill show ya you can see me without jumping at the door, ive killed slash here a few times at this point.

i just don't see any disrespect in saying i dont care about something that was amongst them and them only, but it is what it is. So you say you are a smartass and mouthy and i say im honestly blunt, seems like a couple bulls butting heads.

RE: Spot Legal or Not? - unfortunatepossum - 08-23-2021

About the reaponse:
It wasn't just between them. Other staff did answer, including me.

About the spot:
Teeny, dark, thin area of the prop against a dark background is not super well known to all players, yes it becomes a well checked spot once a player knows but we get new players every hour.
Think a bit bigger or brighter next time.