Dinkleberg's GMod
Application - Printable Version

+- Dinkleberg's GMod (https://www.dinklebergsgmod.com/site)
+-- Forum: Murder (https://www.dinklebergsgmod.com/site/forumdisplay.php?fid=54)
+--- Forum: Murder Staff Applications (https://www.dinklebergsgmod.com/site/forumdisplay.php?fid=56)
+---- Forum: Murder Staff Application Archive (https://www.dinklebergsgmod.com/site/forumdisplay.php?fid=73)
+----- Forum: Approved (https://www.dinklebergsgmod.com/site/forumdisplay.php?fid=74)
+----- Thread: Application (/showthread.php?tid=15144)

Application - Lost_Leviathan - 10-05-2021

Ingame Name: Lost_Leviathan

SteamID: STEAM_0:0:58801539

Time Played: 127h

When First Joined: Late 2019

Availability (Approx. times you play, and time zone): Afternoons and evenings varying days. Eastern Time Zone

Rank Desired: Trusted

Current Rank: Regular

What can you do to help the community: I can be an active staff who will help the server deal with rule breakers. I can deal with ban requests and dedicate some more time to grow the server.

Why you want to help the community: I really enjoy the server and community and think I could help improve the experience of others.

Have you been previously banned? (Link Relevant Posts): No

Have you previously applied for staff (Link Relevant Posts): https://www.dinklebergsgmod.com/site/showthread.php?tid=11991

How did you find us?: Looking for a good prop hunt server then I ended up migrating to the server for Murder.

Other: I have changed a lot since my previous application and don't want others to think I am just like how I was back then. I really want to help the server and others in it.

RE: Application - Mother Nuru. - 10-05-2021

This application has 0 effort in it. Just wanted to point that out first.
Second I have multiple questions.

As staff you have to be able to work as a team with others, even those you may dislike. Can you put your stuff aside and do so?

You're known to argue not only with myself but others, whats different now?

Can you be fair in server and punish those that are friends too?

Can you take direction from those above you, or listen when told to handle something differently?

You said you changed since you last application, exactly how? Tell us what's different.

I'd appreciate a hair more effort. This is like you did something in the 20 seconds between rounds lmao.

RE: Application - Lost_Leviathan - 10-06-2021

(10-05-2021, 11:30 PM)Mother Nuru. Wrote: This application has 0 effort in it. Just wanted to point that out first.
Second I have multiple questions.

As staff you have to be able to work as a team with others, even those you may dislike. Can you put your stuff aside and do so?

You're known to argue not only with myself but others, whats different now?

Can you be fair in server and punish those that are friends too?

Can you take direction from those above you, or listen when told to handle something differently?

You said you changed since you last application, exactly how? Tell us what's different.

I'd appreciate a hair more effort. This is like you did something in the 20 seconds between rounds lmao.
I understand that I should have spent more time on the application and am fine with reapplying with more effort. I looked at Norm's accepted application and thought mine would be acceptable.

Absolutely. I have to deal with people I dislike at my job but do everything I can to overcome any issues and don't try to cause further issues.

The arguments we had were honestly quite minor and I don't recall any other arguments with others that you are referring to.

I am more than comfortable being fair and treating everyone with the same ruling no matter my relation to the person.

I have always had to adapt to changing situations in my job and am more than comfortable listening to others when told I need to react differently in situations.

Last year when I applied I was acting immature, didn't understand the rules and staffs' way of handling situations. I took time off the server and also no longer play with some of the people I used to that affected how I was playing and breaking rules. I feel bad for the way I was acting in the past and don't want to do repeat any of it in the future. I plan to treat this the same way I do with my job and focus time and attention to the server.

RE: Application - Ashly Is Overwhelmed - 10-06-2021

So let me stab at ya, your only post on the forums are staff applications might want more there.

Active in discord aswell.

Heres your game tracker and i can't nick ya for it you are on consistently.
[Image: player_time.php?nameb64=TG9zdF9MZXZpYXRo...2071962966]

If it was let past that you only have a staff app as your forum activity could you be trusted with the responsibility to enforcing the rules?
My point here is you use exploits from time to time and shrug it off, would you stop and tell others to stop? 

but that leads me more to your temper because many times the second nuru's out you will immediately turn to shittalking about nuru about how she doesnt like you and is annoying or somthing of that nature. this might be both hypocritical and nit-picking but i wouldn't want someone to use staff chat as there personal roasting rounds for the people they don't like they over something minor.

RE: Application - Lost_Leviathan - 10-06-2021

(10-06-2021, 03:13 AM)MillyDilly` Wrote: So let me stab at ya, your only post on the forums are staff applications might want more there.

Active in discord aswell.

Heres your game tracker and i can't nick ya for it you are on consistently.
[Image: player_time.php?nameb64=TG9zdF9MZXZpYXRo...2071962966]

If it was let past that you only have a staff app as your forum activity could you be trusted with the responsibility to enforcing the rules?
My point here is you use exploits from time to time and shrug it off, would you stop and tell others to stop? 

but that leads me more to your temper because many times the second nuru's out you will immediately turn to shittalking about nuru about how she doesnt like you and is annoying or somthing of that nature. this might be both hypocritical and nit-picking but i wouldn't want someone to use staff chat as there personal roasting rounds for the people they don't like they over something minor.
I do plan to focus more time on this discord and forums in the future, but if I do ever get to a spot that might be an exploit, I wither kill myself if i cant get out or I hop down quickly if it makes it harder for the murderer.

The time when i talked about nuru was when I was trying to tell her something and was ignoring me and telling me I was wrong about something that ultimately got removed in the end. I am fine with putting aside these differences and just move on. I don't want to use staff chat for stupid minor issues with people and I'm sorry for talking behind her back because I was annoyed.

RE: Application - Norm Minder - 10-06-2021

So hey thank you for applying murder staff.

I would like to start with the effort you put into app first.If you go ahead and look at the all murder approved staff apps there is almost no effort in any of them even mine.I won't judge you for not putting in much effort, but it would be better if you did yes.

I was here the last time you applied,after reading your answers to nuru , I can definitely see an improvement since the last application.I'm happy you stoped micspamming rdmin etc since the last app.

You are also active in discord as well.I see 3 on call staff ping.

My  concern is that I didn't see you helping people in the game at all.It would be better if I see that you helped people with things like !motd etc.

Not going to talking about minor arguement.Since you already replyed.

I'm puting +0 on this application but you will have my support if you get accepted .

RE: Application - Mother Nuru. - 10-07-2021

Your answers were proper and mature this time. Yes we are way past our disagreement but I had to bring it up just to see how you'd conduct yourself.

As for the comment on effort, I know the past applications are also sparse but if I'm going to handling these, that won't be the effort in place anymore. I want proper effort and staff. I'd rather have a few excellent staff than a large amount of poor staff.

I'll leave this up a week and talk with dink at the end :) Good luck leviathan, proud of you for the growth you've shown.

RE: Application - Jammin - 10-07-2021

Frankly, if Leviathan can be trusted to join the staff discord, I don't see any reason why an experienced player can't handle the in-game stuff.
Murder should have more active staff than it has now (essentially Norm, tmarmoo, and half a Nuru), so if he isn't a troll and knows the rules I'd say why not.

Unfortunately it has been a while since I've played murder at all, let alone with you. If I recall though, the last time I played with you you actually took a few moments to show me something cool in one of the maps - either MC city or that one snow stage (again, this was months ago so I don't expect you to remember). But I remember the fact that it was you and that you took time to show me something cool.

I am also concerned about what Norm indicated with you having previous micspam/troll issues. If those issues are truely resolved then I don't really see why not for a trusted level.
If you ever want to move beyond trusted though then a lot more effort will be needed.

I'm neutral due to my inactivity in murder, best of luck.

RE: Application - Lost_Leviathan - 10-08-2021

Just wanted to thank everyone for the replies to my application. I am hoping for the best but I will respect whatever decision is made. I will do the best I can to help the server in the future no matter what happens.

RE: Application - Mother Nuru. - 10-12-2021

Before I start into this, I'll have it known since I'm holding off on assuming full admin position for another two weeks at least, Norm and I took a vote, as is the process when there's no admin. Moderators vote and come to a common ground in cases like this.
The vote was unanimous.

Your application has been ACCEPTED.
I hope that scared you ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

You've had a long enough time between issues brought up for it to be a non issue with both of us. You will receive your rank in game when I can get dink to be the not dead again, but as soon as you get it we will start training you :)
I will be popping invites to you shortly for discords. Congrats shit head ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)