Dinkleberg's GMod
the whole reputation thing - Printable Version

+- Dinkleberg's GMod (https://www.dinklebergsgmod.com/site)
+-- Forum: Core (https://www.dinklebergsgmod.com/site/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: Forum Stuff (https://www.dinklebergsgmod.com/site/forumdisplay.php?fid=93)
+---- Forum: Resolved Support (https://www.dinklebergsgmod.com/site/forumdisplay.php?fid=20)
+---- Thread: the whole reputation thing (/showthread.php?tid=15363)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7

RE: the whole reputation thing - [Yellow] Travis1421 - 11-02-2021

It's easier to moderate a shitpost than rep manipulation until we figure out a better way to handle it. Simply put.

RE: the whole reputation thing - ratty - 11-02-2021

imo it’s a dumb idea cause now it’ll be harder for people to get instant feedback on decisions, if a player says something misleading/ dishonest, then other players will only know if they get directly called out for it. also if admins make a mistake on a decision they will only know if they get directly called out on it. If an idea is good on a thread it will only be reinforced if people repeat the same thing over and over. if a player constantly gets downvoted its probably for a good reason, like being a compulsive liar or manipulative.

RE: the whole reputation thing - Mana - 11-02-2021

You are able to direct +/- someone's rep via profile, and it has you provide a reason for said rep point, maybe find a way to have a reason provided required before the change can be allowed?

RE: the whole reputation thing - Summer - 11-02-2021

-1 but also a +1

RE: the whole reputation thing - Jammin - 11-02-2021

I agree that rep, as dumb as it may sound, is probably better implemented than not.

I understand Travis and Matt are hard at work on new rules for rep manipulation, which may bring it back. I support it being in place, primarily for the reasons @ratty described (+1 rep to the rat). There comes a time when the system can be abused, such as when informative posts (e.g. posting a steam ID or evidence without an opinion) gets hit hard, or when someone -1's every single post in a thread.

RE: the whole reputation thing - lacer - 11-02-2021

What rules can you set into place about reputation that aren't already a thing? Unless you're suggesting that someone getting downvoted for making stupid decisions or some other legitimate reason is also rep manipulation, in which case I call complete bullshit.

RE: the whole reputation thing - JesseTheUndeadCowboy - 11-02-2021

I agree with what ratty and Jammin said tbh. I do understand Matt and Travis are hard at working on the forums and stuff but the rep stuff does help some stuff. But eitherway I gave some suggestions on how to change the system to Matt. Eitherway I’m fine with rep being disabled personally but I will miss it tbh.

RE: the whole reputation thing - Here lies Eggroll's Eggrolls - 11-02-2021

I mean, idc about rep. I'd rather feel like I can actually speak on the forums without people taking away my rep. Not that I care about rep enough to cry for the rep system to come back but it was nice seeing big number go up lol. Maybe a break from rep will teach people to behave later on.

RE: the whole reputation thing - HONG - 11-02-2021

(11-02-2021, 06:44 PM)JesseTheUndeadCowboy Wrote: I agree with what ratty and Jammin said tbh. I do understand Matt and Travis are hard at working on the forums and stuff but the rep stuff does help some stuff. But eitherway I gave some suggestions on how to change the system to Matt. Eitherway I’m fine with rep being disabled personally but I will miss it tbh.
Having no total rep but only rep on individual posts that don’t contribute to a combined number could potentially fix this, but then again, probably not.

RE: the whole reputation thing - JesseTheUndeadCowboy - 11-02-2021

(11-02-2021, 07:10 PM)HONG Wrote:
(11-02-2021, 06:44 PM)JesseTheUndeadCowboy Wrote: -snip
Having no total rep but only rep on individual posts that don’t contribute to a combined number could potentially fix this, but then again, probably not.
I was thinking maybe limiting how much rep you could do in a time period or on a specific thread maybe idk. That or a reaction system could be nice too.