Dinkleberg's GMod
Remove scoping reqirement from the awp - Printable Version

+- Dinkleberg's GMod (https://www.dinklebergsgmod.com/site)
+-- Forum: Trouble in Terrorist Town (https://www.dinklebergsgmod.com/site/forumdisplay.php?fid=3)
+--- Forum: TTT Suggestions & Help (https://www.dinklebergsgmod.com/site/forumdisplay.php?fid=6)
+--- Thread: Remove scoping reqirement from the awp (/showthread.php?tid=15829)

Remove scoping reqirement from the awp - Cracked Out Father Grigori - 01-27-2022

quickscoping fun and its annoying af to get caught using a awp and not being able to fire it because you aren't scoped.

RE: Remove scoping reqirement from the awp - Wrom - 01-27-2022

Honestly why i dont buy the awp kind of ruins it for me

RE: Remove scoping reqirement from the awp - HONG - 01-27-2022

while its annoying, its also what keeps this weapon from dominating so hard that you dont even want to buy a trident; why would you when its not hitscan, and you only get 1 shot?

pretty much its not a good idea because you’d get people quick swapping 1 shotting you the second they peek around a wall, the scope is its only limitation

RE: Remove scoping reqirement from the awp - Wrom - 01-27-2022

(01-27-2022, 11:05 PM)HONG Wrote: while its annoying, its also what keeps this weapon from dominating so hard that you dont even want to buy a trident; why would you when its not hitscan, and you only get 1 shot?

pretty much its not a good idea because you’d get people quick swapping 1 shotting you the second they peek around a wall, the scope is its only limitation
Thats true it would be really good but its just sad makes it a weapon i dont want to buy but tbf i sometimes dont even buy shit and just run around blasting a good 6 people before i die so doesnt matter too much to me

RE: Remove scoping reqirement from the awp - HONG - 01-27-2022

(01-27-2022, 11:08 PM)Wrom Wrote:
(01-27-2022, 11:05 PM)HONG Wrote: while its annoying, its also what keeps this weapon from dominating so hard that you dont even want to buy a trident; why would you when its not hitscan, and you only get 1 shot?

Thats true it would be really good but its just sad makes it a weapon i dont want to buy but tbf i sometimes dont even buy shit and just run around blasting a good 6 people before i die so doesnt matter too much to me
the time it takes when swapping to it then being able to scope in could be reduced, but its such a delicate thing to handle

keep in mind its also a bolt action rifle meant to be used from a far distance, but actually it could also have the unscoped accuracy make it super inaccurate as a tradeoff to being able to fire unscoped

RE: Remove scoping reqirement from the awp - .cee - 01-28-2022

sure just make it WILDLY inaccurate. you can try to use it in a pinch close quarters but you wont be able to hit people at long ranges

RE: Remove scoping reqirement from the awp - Wrong - 01-28-2022

no. it's a one hit anywhere from extremely long range. it has to have a drawback or people are getting knifed from across the map

RE: Remove scoping reqirement from the awp - Raider Hanks - 01-28-2022

Nah, I'm good. Its fine with the scope. Insta kill weapon mandates you have a slight delay when trying to get a kill. It would be too unbalanced otherwise.

RE: Remove scoping reqirement from the awp - Wrom - 01-28-2022

(01-28-2022, 09:11 PM)Raider Hanks Wrote: Nah, I'm good. Its fine with the scope. Insta kill weapon mandates you have a slight delay when trying to get a kill. It would be too unbalanced otherwise.
100% and if someone is trying to use it close up that sounds like something they should fix lol

RE: Remove scoping reqirement from the awp - Battons - 01-29-2022

Hanks summed up pretty much why I don't want to change the awp, as we have moved more towards less one hit T weapons if its going to stay 1 hit the only reasonably easy drawback we can have is the scope delay. The idea being that on say crummy cradle you hide in a building or corner of the map and take your time lining up your shot.