Dinkleberg's GMod
first try - Printable Version

+- Dinkleberg's GMod (https://www.dinklebergsgmod.com/site)
+-- Forum: Trouble in Terrorist Town (https://www.dinklebergsgmod.com/site/forumdisplay.php?fid=3)
+--- Forum: TTT Staff Applications (https://www.dinklebergsgmod.com/site/forumdisplay.php?fid=7)
+---- Forum: TTT Staff Application Archive (https://www.dinklebergsgmod.com/site/forumdisplay.php?fid=48)
+----- Forum: Denied (https://www.dinklebergsgmod.com/site/forumdisplay.php?fid=51)
+----- Thread: first try (/showthread.php?tid=17484)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11

RE: first try - Ryan722 - 11-24-2022

I'm going to leave my vote as it is, but just want to give a comment.

The interaction between you and Birddog is sticky, as while your comment did (and does) come across as pretty offensive, I see where you're coming from with the context of comments he's made in the past, and I have no doubt you intended it as a joke. That said, there's an expectation as staff not just to avoid saying things that will likely offend somebody, but more importantly to recognize when to take a step back and reevaluate what you're saying. I think Birddog made it reasonably clear that the comment bothered him, and even when Reina stepped in you still stood your ground on the joke you made.

I don't think this should disqualify your app. It was a one-off (albeit recent) occurrence, and I still personally think you could make a solid Trusted for the reasons I gave in my first response. In the future, (especially if this gets accepted) just reconsider before doubling down when called out in a situation like this.

RE: first try - tiefling lesbian - 11-24-2022

(11-24-2022, 12:31 AM)Ryan722 Wrote: I'm going to leave my vote as it is, but just want to give a comment.

The interaction between you and Birddog is sticky, as while your comment did (and does) come across as pretty offensive, I see where you're coming from with the context of comments he's made in the past, and I have no doubt you intended it as a joke. That said, there's an expectation as staff not just to avoid saying things that will likely offend somebody, but more importantly to recognize when to take a step back and reevaluate what you're saying. I think Birddog made it reasonably clear that the comment bothered him, and even when Reina stepped in you still stood your ground on the joke you made.

I don't think this should disqualify your app. It was a one-off (albeit recent) occurrence, and I still personally think you could make a solid Trusted for the reasons I gave in my first response. In the future, (especially if this gets accepted) just reconsider before doubling down when called out in a situation like this.
It was difficult to read at the time because of his history of similar jokes and openly disparaging people for being offended by things (including personal insults toward me in the past and shortly before the incident in question), which I had taken to mean he wouldn't be seriously offended by things either. It's not a joke I would have made toward someone without that history. Regardless, I agree that staff should be held to a higher standard for behavior, and I should have made a better judgement call. I accept fault there and will be more conscientious moving forward.

RE: first try - bunniey - 11-24-2022

Hm. Didn't actually see all this before. Perhaps maybe wait another month and see if anything like this comes up?

It's one thing for someone to make impersonal jokes, it's another to make targeted jokes about someone personally that are very offensive, and then doubling down until the idea of an apology is brought up by that person, y'know?

I don't really mind it either way as I know some people have said the most wild things and it happens, just move on, but might see why one could think you should wait another period to make sure nothing else comes up as well.

christmas bump

RE: first try - jax - 11-24-2022

(11-24-2022, 12:54 AM)tiefling lesbian Wrote:
(11-24-2022, 12:31 AM)Ryan722 Wrote: -snip-
It was difficult to read at the time because of his history of similar jokes and openly disparaging people for being offended by things (including personal insults toward me in the past and shortly before the incident in question), which I had taken to mean he wouldn't be seriously offended by things either. It's not a joke I would have made toward someone without that history. Regardless, I agree that staff should be held to a higher standard for behavior, and I should have made a better judgement call. I accept fault there and will be more conscientious moving forward.

I don't know if I've ever seen birddog move into the territory of wishing death to someone's child, feel free to provide screenshots otherwise. I think the "his history of similar jokes and openly disparaging people for being offended by things (including personal insults toward me in the past and shortly before the incident in question), which I had taken to mean he wouldn't be seriously offended by things either." is a little disingenuous because there's obviously a clearer line with jokes like that. I'm similar to birddog in the way I conduct myself on discord, with the jokes I make. However, I would still be a little ticked off if I told the discord "me and my wife are going to try to have a child." and someone followed up with "I hope it dies.". Just because some people are not offended by most things, doesn't really mean you have a free ticket to say whatever you want.

Reina is usually not offended by the jokes I make, and the things I say to her. However, she was negatively affected by the JFK video I posted. I crossed the line and was punished appropriately, but it was pretty easy to recognize that I was 100% in the wrong. Just because she hadn't previously been offended by my comments, didn't give me free pass to cross that boundary. This does come across as your attempt to justify, at least in my opinion a pretty black and white "overstep". 

All that being said, discord is a different beast than TTT so my previous comments from your last app still stand. I won't bother repeating them. +1

RE: first try - Quantum - 11-24-2022

[Image: Screenshot_327.png]
idk home dawg  

This is a instance where I gagged a person on server for using soundboard  and u unmuted them and remuted, when I told u to not do that  again u replied with that so idk home dawg

(11-24-2022, 08:21 PM)Quantum_Edge Wrote: [Image: Screenshot_327.png]
idk home dawg  

This is a instance where I gagged a person on server for using soundboard  and u unmuted them and remuted, when I told u to not do that  again u replied with that so idk home dawg
I was dealing with his micspam for a while as there were no staff on before that and was ungagging him occasionally to see if he was still micspamming because I didn't want to leave a donor gag on for extended periods of time with no staff on. You had just gotten on, and I'm going to be honest I barely see you on the server so I thought you were another donor at the time as no warning was given to the micspammer.

what

(11-24-2022, 08:52 PM)Quantum_Edge Wrote: what
I was dealing with his micspam for a while as there were no staff on before that and was ungagging him occasionally to see if he was still micspamming because I didn't want to leave a donor gag on for extended periods of time with no staff on. You had just gotten on, and I'm going to be honest I barely see you on the server so I thought you were another donor at the time as no warning was given to the micspammer.

(11-24-2022, 08:54 PM)tiefling lesbian Wrote:
(11-24-2022, 08:52 PM)Quantum_Edge Wrote: what
You had just gotten on, and I'm going to be honest I barely see you on the server so I thought you were another donor at the time as no warning was given to the micspammer.

warned the mic spammer in server vc and in text chat [Image: image.png]

Jerry was already warned beforehand