Dinkleberg's GMod
Some ideas to potentially make reputation more meaningful and productive - Printable Version

+- Dinkleberg's GMod (https://www.dinklebergsgmod.com/site)
+-- Forum: Core (https://www.dinklebergsgmod.com/site/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: Forum Stuff (https://www.dinklebergsgmod.com/site/forumdisplay.php?fid=93)
+--- Thread: Some ideas to potentially make reputation more meaningful and productive (/showthread.php?tid=17611)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7

RE: Some ideas to potentially make reputation more meaningful and productive - Dildo Shwaggins - 12-14-2022

(12-14-2022, 09:59 PM)tiefling lesbian Wrote:
(12-14-2022, 09:33 PM)happy Wrote: People can not care about getting -1ed or +1ed while also wanting to keep it. The forums sucked with it gone because no one posted anything, but ban requests on here.
sounds a lot like caring about rep

(12-14-2022, 08:52 PM)Icey Wrote: can we close this thread before the band kids get rep removed.

bad takes = -rep
literally 1984 + you need new material
Removing rep would be literally 1984, we need a way to tell people their takes suck without telling them their takes suck

RE: Some ideas to potentially make reputation more meaningful and productive - Birddog6 - 12-15-2022

MY INTERNET POINTS

RE: Some ideas to potentially make reputation more meaningful and productive - Mana - 12-15-2022

What is it with tielfing and making 5+ page threads fr

RE: Some ideas to potentially make reputation more meaningful and productive - Wrong - 12-15-2022

(12-15-2022, 01:26 AM)Mana Wrote: What is it with tielfing and making 5+ page threads fr

dumb/provocative posts + inability to take criticism or comments in stride = every comment gets replied to

RE: Some ideas to potentially make reputation more meaningful and productive - tiefling lesbian - 12-15-2022

(12-14-2022, 10:17 PM)(DEMON)Skullfire Wrote:
(12-14-2022, 08:52 PM)Icey Wrote: can we close this thread before the band kids get rep removed.

bad takes = -rep
Agreed, thread should be closed as it’s just creating drama. The person who made the thread obviously cannot take the criticism and is upset that we do not all agree with her.
"criticism" of what? 90% of these posts were made without reading past the title and have nothing to do with my post lmao

(12-15-2022, 01:33 AM)stoked Wrote:
(12-15-2022, 01:26 AM)Mana Wrote: What is it with tielfing and making 5+ page threads fr

dumb/provocative posts + inability to take criticism or comments in stride = every comment gets replied to
what's "provocative" about suggesting something be improved + sorry you guys can't stay on topic + i've replied to like 4 commemts up to this point lmao?

(12-14-2022, 11:03 PM)Dildo Shwaggins Wrote:
(12-14-2022, 09:59 PM)tiefling lesbian Wrote:
(12-14-2022, 09:33 PM)happy Wrote: People can not care about getting -1ed or +1ed while also wanting to keep it. The forums sucked with it gone because no one posted anything, but ban requests on here.
sounds a lot like caring about rep

bad takes = -rep
literally 1984 + you need new material
Removing rep would be literally 1984, we need a way to tell people their takes suck without telling them their takes suck
you'll notice the OP doesn't mention removing rep anywhere and at no point has that been my primary suggestion nor was I the one that brought it up, yet it's still weird that the people who are the loudest about supposedly not caring about rep are the most upset about any change being made to it

RE: Some ideas to potentially make reputation more meaningful and productive - Salty - 12-15-2022

(12-15-2022, 07:04 AM)tiefling lesbian Wrote: you'll notice the OP doesn't mention removing rep anywhere and at no point has that been my primary suggestion nor was I the one that brought it up, yet it's still weird that the people who are the loudest about supposedly not caring about rep are the most upset about any change being made to it

my reaction to this information

RE: Some ideas to potentially make reputation more meaningful and productive - bunniey - 12-15-2022

(12-15-2022, 07:04 AM)tiefling lesbian Wrote: you'll notice the OP doesn't mention removing rep anywhere and at no point has that been my primary suggestion nor was I the one that brought it up, yet it's still weird that the people who are the loudest about supposedly not caring about rep are the most upset about any change being made to it

People are the 'loudest' about it because if we start making changes to it under the guise of it being a serious issue, it starts to actually become one, when it's inherently not. People that complain about rep post terrible takes and then get upset and yell about "hiveminds" or whatever when it doesn't go their way. This is something we've seen frequently for ages. If you start making moves against something, it becomes a bigger deal. And suggestions here also just make it less fun, for the most par.t

let people just have their silly little internet point game its not that deep, the thicker skin argument usually sucks, but truly if a red tinge is enough for you to be "scared of posting your thoughts" or whatever, when it almost never bleeds out from the forums unless you yourself bring it up, then you should probably look into that.

RE: Some ideas to potentially make reputation more meaningful and productive - tiefling lesbian - 12-15-2022

(12-15-2022, 10:51 AM)Forum Staff Wrote: People are the 'loudest' about it because if we start making changes to it under the guise of it being a serious issue, it starts to actually become one, when it's inherently not. People that complain about rep post terrible takes and then get upset and yell about "hiveminds" or whatever when it doesn't go their way. This is something we've seen frequently for ages. If you start making moves against something, it becomes a bigger deal. And suggestions here also just make it less fun, for the most par.t

let people just have their silly little internet point game its not that deep, the thicker skin argument usually sucks, but truly if a red tinge is enough for you to be "scared of posting your thoughts" or whatever, when it almost never bleeds out from the forums unless you yourself bring it up, then you should probably look into that.
Please read the very first line of the OP aloud for the class and then look into why you are projecting things that have nothing to do with anything I've said

RE: Some ideas to potentially make reputation more meaningful and productive - happy - 12-15-2022

No one is saying YOU said to remove rep, but it was brought up because people started crying about the -1s. Now that it is brought up people who don't want to see this place be just ban requests again or do care about their points don't want to see it removed

RE: Some ideas to potentially make reputation more meaningful and productive - bunniey - 12-15-2022

You'll notice I also didn't say a word about removing rep, but talked about making changes to it that makes it into a more serious issue...?  I was talking about your original post and made zero indication that I wasn't talking about rep. But your uselessly condescending post has been noted, regardless, I suppose.