Dinkleberg's GMod
Six's Staff Application for DBPH - Printable Version

+- Dinkleberg's GMod (https://www.dinklebergsgmod.com/site)
+-- Forum: Prop Hunt (https://www.dinklebergsgmod.com/site/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+--- Forum: PH Staff Applications (https://www.dinklebergsgmod.com/site/forumdisplay.php?fid=12)
+---- Forum: PH Staff Application Archive (https://www.dinklebergsgmod.com/site/forumdisplay.php?fid=65)
+----- Forum: Denied (https://www.dinklebergsgmod.com/site/forumdisplay.php?fid=63)
+----- Thread: Six's Staff Application for DBPH (/showthread.php?tid=17819)

Six's Staff Application for DBPH - TheSixthBaku - 01-10-2023

Ingame Name: TheSixthBaku

Steam ID: 76561199050647842

Time Played: I'm honestly not sure, but it's easily Checkable. Its over 2-3 days, so that would be easily between 72-89ish. (I pay attention to other players' hours moreso than my own)

When First Joined: Honestly don't remember as I took a break, and then came back. So we can use my donation time if you can see that.

Availability (Approx. times you play, and time zone): I am in CST, located in the USA. I'm almost available 24/7 except when i'm sleeping, which changes randomly.

Rank Desired: By forum rules and server protocol, I guess "Trusted" is all I can get.

Current Rank: Donor

What can you do to help the community?: I play a good amount, and already halfway moderate the server with donation commands. I just want to do so "officially".

Why do you want to help the community?: I love prop hunt, and I enjoy the Dinkleberg community. I also enjoy the modpack that the server uses. The main issue I have is with moderation, or rather lack thereof. In the daytime between 2pmCST and 9pm CST, it feels like there is little to no moderation, and that's when the server gets the busiest. When the entire lobby of 25 people are all feeding off the trolls, it sucks. And all it really takes is ONE person to have been there to weed out the bad apples to ensure the game runs smoothly for everyone. I am already on occasion, that guy. I just hope to be that guy officially.

Have you previously been banned? (Link relevant posts): No.

Have you previously applied for staff? (Link relevant posts): Honestly Cannot remember.

Do you have a way to record video or take screenshots? I can take screenshots all day, and present them in 4k. As for video, I can look into it, but I do not have the strongest system. Internet is good, PC runs Gmod at 166 frames in 4k at times, but Virtual DVR is taxing on any system. I can look into capture, though. I may be able to record using OBS.

How did you find us?: Dinkleberg was just the best Prop Hunt server i tried, and to this day I play there. Now it's the only server I play.

Other: I have moderated/Adminned so many things in the past, one could say that this is NOT my first rodeo. Chat sites (#1 Chat Avenue), Videogame servers (Minecraft, ARK: Survival Evolved, DayZ, and others), Discord Servers (Some with over 35,000 members), and many other communities on other platforms. I'm not you're run-of-the-mill "kid" whos in highschool and I'm not some hot-headed 22yo who wants a title simply because it gives me some sense of "power". I'm almost 30, and I have a 10yo daughter. I like to think I bring the maturity and patience that fatherhood has taught me to my duties as a staff member.

To reiterate, I already warn, kick, and gag individuals to keep the peace within the server. Becoming a trusted rank would give me access to almost nothing new, as i understand it, but it would give me a title. And sometimes seeing that title is enough to deter the trolls in and of itself. And again, I would love to help the community officially. On discord, my name is Six...#0311, and I am almost always available, unless of course I am sleeping.

I know I may fly a little under the radar for the prerequisites to become staff, but staff is needed. That's an undeniable fact. I am volunteering myself. And before it's said.... I know i'm technically supposed to be logging these disciplinary actions on the forums every time I administer them... But frankly, noone has the time to do that for every ache and pain. I would be completely willing to keep a forum thread for me to dump screenshots and logs into, but I will not guarentee that every event will make it into it. A simple kick doesn't hinder anyone's experience in the server but for a brief moment, and a gag isn't permanent.  If there were any major disciplinary actions taken, I would happily log them. But day to day trolls who are simply sorted out as riff raff... may not make it into the thread; I would hope that this is agreeable and acceptable. If it is not, we can talk about it, and I don't mind putting forth the effort to change how I log events. I hope you guys read this, and take it under great consideration... the server really does need it. One troll inspires others, and before long, the whole lobby is people screaming about licking balls and deepthroating 'your mom'... it's annoying. Even filtering out one of two people can have tremendously good effects on the morale of the server, and I hope to be able to provide a clean, fun, and safe environment for people to enjoy Dinkleberg's Prop Hunt!

Thank you,
Six

RE: Six's Staff Application for DBPH - Carson - 01-10-2023

I have not a clue who you are. You have no activity on the forums and I haven't seen you once on the discord or server. I'd say get your time on the server up as well as get some activity in the discord and forums (make an introduction page as well) so people know who you are and can trust you. I respect that you wanna become staff, but you will need to get your activity up before that can happen. -1
[Image: Screenshot_20230110-195320.png]
Thats your time over the past 30 days.

RE: Six's Staff Application for DBPH - lacer - 01-10-2023

heyo, ur steamid is STEAM_0:0:545191057

RE: Six's Staff Application for DBPH - BIIG_SAD - 01-10-2023

I'm sorry, who are you? can't say we are familiar. Can't say you have a forum presence/discord presence. I have no data to plus one this app.

please, come and acquaint yourself first with the community so we can be informed on how to vote for or against you.

-1, please reapply again later once you have fulfilled these requirements. Until then, I am sure many people would be uncomfortable with giving this app a plus one.

RE: Six's Staff Application for DBPH - [test] mattquake11 - 01-10-2023

Minimum Qualifications for Any Staff Position
  • 85 Hours of Active Playtime on the Server

• 1 Month in the Community

• An Introduction Thread on the Forums

• A Waiting Period of One Month Between Applications. N/A

• Recording Software or the Ability to Screenshot
Right now, there is no way I can rightfully +1 this app due to you not even having an intro post on the forums.  I would also take the time to research your time on the server as well as the community in general.  -1 for now, but don't let this deter you from applying in the future.

RE: Six's Staff Application for DBPH - Harmless_Potato - 01-10-2023

My take so far. You have 60 hours of server time, and 85 is the minimum. You are new to the forums and don't really see you on the discord. Do I feel that you have the skillset to become staff here? Maybe you do, but it brings me up to my first point, your playtime. I suggest playing more and getting more involved before reapplying if you dont get approved this time around. You're awesome to play with, nothing but positivity I've had with you tonight

Recording is important for staff. You can use NVIDIA ShadowPlay, I use it. Works wonders!

At this point in time I'm going to -1 you, due to the fact that you don't currently meet the requirements.

RE: Six's Staff Application for DBPH - TheSixthBaku - 01-10-2023

All very valid points. I take no issue with any of this. I'll try and do more to meet the requirements. However, I would say that having such strict requirements is both a blessing and a curse... It seems redundant to have to cut through red tape when the server is at risk of being hindered by a lack of moderation. But again, I understand. I will work on my criteria and try again at another time.

RE: Six's Staff Application for DBPH - [test] mattquake11 - 01-10-2023

(01-10-2023, 09:51 PM)TheSixthBaku Wrote: All very valid points. I take no issue with any of this. I'll try and do more to meet the requirements. However, I would say that having such strict requirements is both a blessing and a curse... It seems redundant to have to cut through red tape when the server is at risk of being hindered by a lack of moderation. But again, I understand. I will work on my criteria and try again at another time.

I know the requirements are a bit strict, but they are here to make sure that the applicants are active, have an understanding of the rules, know how to use the forums, and are able to catch violators of the rules.

RE: Six's Staff Application for DBPH - chelllman - 01-10-2023

Hi TheSixthBaku,

Thanks for applying for staff! I got to play a bit with you tonight so I know who you are.
As mattquake said, the requirements are a bit strict, but there are good reasons for that. Say hello in the PH section of the discord, post an intro on the forums, and play a bit more and we will see where you stand!

Feel free to look at the past ban requests we've had if you want to see what hacking/ghosting looks like.

RE: Six's Staff Application for DBPH - unfortunatepossum - 02-02-2023

sorry for the accidently bump. i am the dumb.

this will be archived and we hope to see you around!

The soonest you may reapply is 03/03/2023