Dinkleberg's GMod
Slight Amendments to Rules [TTT & PH] - Printable Version

+- Dinkleberg's GMod (https://www.dinklebergsgmod.com/site)
+-- Forum: Core (https://www.dinklebergsgmod.com/site/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: News and Announcements (https://www.dinklebergsgmod.com/site/forumdisplay.php?fid=21)
+--- Thread: Slight Amendments to Rules [TTT & PH] (/showthread.php?tid=3069)

Pages: 1 2 3 4

Slight Amendments to Rules [TTT & PH] - Dinkleberg >:( - 10-20-2017

Hello everyone!

I've noticed a lot of bans for ghosting and RDM and leave are the majority of the bans in the ban appeals section, and I've also noticed so many regular, returning players getting banned for a very long time for slight offenses, and often times this can result in them being pushed away from our community and on to other servers, which isn't what we're about here. I've even noticed a couple times someone has disconnected due to lag or a crash or something similar to that, and they were pretty much insta banned just because they disconnected with a slay still on them.

As an attempt in cutting down on these bans of quality players, I'm making a slight amendment to some rules. The amendments are as follows:

[TTT RULE MODIFICATIONS]

Currently the TTT rule for ghosting as per the rules thread is

Ghosting Punishment:

- All Offences: Permaban

*This will be modified to include instances of "moderate" and "severe" ghosting:

-Moderate Ghosting Includes:

-psay message to another player on the server with game-related information

-New players who may not be familiar with rules talking to friends in Voice or Text Chat outside of gmod

-Anything accidental.

Moderate Ghosting Punishment:

First Offense: Warning
Second Offense: 1-week ban
Third Offense: 1-month ban
Subsequent Offenses will be left to the discretion of the admins.

Severe Ghosting Includes:

-Intentional/Malicious sharing of game-related information through voice or text chat.
example: Experienced player (member+) psaying a friend on the server telling them who the traitor was who killed them

Severe Ghosting Punishment:

First Offense: 2-week ban
Second Offense: Permanent ban

Mods: If you are unable to decide between moderate and severe ghosting, place a temporary ban (if necessary) and leave the discretion up to the admins.

*The TTT Rule for RDM and leave will also be modified:

Current Rule:

- One week ban for each unserved slay

This will be modified to:

1x RDM + leave = 1-day ban (1,440 minutes)
2x RDM + leave = 1-week ban (10,080 minutes)
3x RDM + leave = Permanent ban

RDM and leave was more of an issue back when leaving the server would cancel your slays, but with the aslay system, they stay on the player through disconnects.. There is no slay evasion. 

[PH Rule Modifications]

The only PH rule receiving a modification is the current ghosting rule.

Current Rule:

Warning 1: Verbal/Chat Notification+Mute/Gag
Warning 2: Final Chat Notification+Mute/Gag
Punishment 1: Permanent Ban

This will be modified to:

Warning 1: Verbal/Chat Notification+Mute/Gag
Warning 2: Final Chat Notification+Mute/Gag
Punishment 1: 2-week ban (20,160 minutes)

Punishment 2: Permanent ban

***Also there is one final thing I'd like to note for ALL servers. I've noticed people will kick AFK's when the server is not full and right at the second they notice someone is AFK. Please give people a little bit to come back! Obviously if someone is farming hours, I don't want them to stay on the server, but right now staff on all servers seem a bit too kick-happy.

STAFF: Please ONLY kick AFK folks who have been AFK for at least 1 hour. I'll be making staff only adverts on all servers to remind you guys of this, but please pass word along to others and correct anyone who kicks someone prematurely.

RE: Slight Amendments to Rules [TTT & PH] - DaKody - 10-20-2017

I do not support these changes(ttt)

RE: Slight Amendments to Rules [TTT & PH] - Penny - 10-20-2017

I'm with DaKody On this honestly.

RE: Slight Amendments to Rules [TTT & PH] - Deadpoolz - 10-20-2017

(10-20-2017, 08:58 PM)DaKody Wrote: I do not support these changes(ttt)
Same.

Not all of it, but most of these changes.

Edit: Also why is psaying another player with game-related info, and accidental and new player stuff on the same level? accidental and new player stuff on the same level should be a lower level.

Other Edit: Look I believe sometimes a insta perma for ghosting is wrong, but only in scenarios in which it was a accident or a new player learning to play still.
For ghosting via psay + ghosting with your friends via voice chat(i.e. Discord or skype), I believe a perma is fine once you have all the evidence to back it. If they make a unban they can get a reduce(unless they lie or do stupid shit in the unban). I'm fine with the rdm changes though. A week ban for rdmx1 + leaf has always been questioned.

RE: Slight Amendments to Rules [TTT & PH] - Yeezy Jeezy - 10-20-2017

I agree that ghosting shouldn't be an immediate permaban. I'm just confused on the definition of some of the rules. Like the psaying a friend part. Also, I don't think ghosting the first time should be a warning, it should just go straight into the ban.

RE: Slight Amendments to Rules [TTT & PH] - Narancia Ghirga - 10-20-2017

I agree with Yeezy

RE: Slight Amendments to Rules [TTT & PH] - Dinkleberg >:( - 10-20-2017

People should be given the chance to stop ghosting before they are banned, especially if they are unfamiliar with what ghosting is.

Sorry if you disagree with me, but this has been a long time coming. I'm tired of the bans being entirely too harsh on quality players who make single, hotheaded mistakes.

EDIT: Also, don't just say that you don't support the changes. That doesn't tell me anything. If you think the old rules WERE NOT too harsh, then explain why you think that so I can consider it rather than just saying that you don't support it.

RE: Slight Amendments to Rules [TTT & PH] - Camo - 10-20-2017

I support this.
Malicious ghosting is perm whereas making a small mistake is a warning and guidance on how to quit the behavior.
The bans now make more sense. 1 day ban for first time rdm and leaf deters behavior and doesnt just get rid of the player.

THIS JUST GIVES PLAYERS A CHANCE TO LEARN vs A STRAIGHT UP PUNISHMENT
We must balance these two and I believe this is a fantastic start.

RE: Slight Amendments to Rules [TTT & PH] - Yeezy Jeezy - 10-20-2017

(10-20-2017, 09:14 PM)Dinkleberg > Wrote: People should be given the chance to stop ghosting before they are banned, especially if they are unfamiliar with what ghosting is.

Sorry if you disagree with me, but this has been a long time coming. I'm tired of the bans being entirely too harsh on quality players who make single, hotheaded mistakes.

EDIT: Also, don't just say that you don't support the changes. That doesn't tell me anything. If you think the old rules WERE NOT too harsh, then explain why you think that so I can consider it rather than just saying that you don't support it.

I still got some questions like how is the definition for moderate ghosting with psay is different from the example you gave with severe ghosting? Or if you get the warning the first time for moderate ghosting, wouldn't doing it again be severe ghosting?

RE: Slight Amendments to Rules [TTT & PH] - Dinkleberg >:( - 10-20-2017

(10-20-2017, 09:28 PM)Yeezy Jeezy Wrote:
(10-20-2017, 09:14 PM)Dinkleberg > Wrote: People should be given the chance to stop ghosting before they are banned, especially if they are unfamiliar with what ghosting is.

I still got some questions like how is the definition for moderate ghosting with psay is different from the example you gave with severe ghosting? Or if you get the warning the first time for moderate ghosting, wouldn't doing it again be severe ghosting?

The main difference here Yeezy would be the person knowing better or not. If it's a guest who just messages you something harmless like "The last T is AFK"  - That person clearly doesn't have malicious intent, and just wants the round to end so he can play the game. There's no way to define every possible ghosting situation, so the difference between these two is often going to be left to the discretion of the admins.