Dinkleberg's GMod
Stingray False Slay - Printable Version

+- Dinkleberg's GMod (https://www.dinklebergsgmod.com/site)
+-- Forum: Community (https://www.dinklebergsgmod.com/site/forumdisplay.php?fid=5)
+--- Forum: Donor/Staff Abuse Reports (https://www.dinklebergsgmod.com/site/forumdisplay.php?fid=32)
+---- Forum: Donor/Staff Abuse Report Archive (https://www.dinklebergsgmod.com/site/forumdisplay.php?fid=49)
+---- Thread: Stingray False Slay (/showthread.php?tid=4436)

Pages: 1 2

Stingray False Slay - ReThink - 05-15-2018

Offender's Name: 
Stingray
Offender's SteamID: 
STEAM_0:1:56573441
Offender's Rank: 
Trusted
What They Did: 
False slay via not taking time to actually think and read the logs properly.
When They Did It: 
~10:30pm 5/15/18
Potential Witnesses: 
@elma_montt @J@CK XDDD 
Proof: 
https://imgur.com/a/n97jge3
Other:
Order of events:
  1. I kill 2 T's
  2. Detective pulls my DNA from 2 T's bodies
  3. detective kills me because he's a moron
  4. I report detective for being said moron
  5. My report is denied and I am slain (despite not even being a report? lol?)
  6. I look into logs and find that Stingray has slain me because he thought that "[innocent]" tag after my name means I killed 2 innos and the detective was right
Read the screenshots and see how dumb this shit is. Trusted literally can't even read logs right.
I had a comfortable lead and (potentially) lost the map due to this, hence this upsetti report. He offered to slay himself twice after as if that somehow fixes anything.

RE: Stingray False Slay - EpicGuy - 05-15-2018

Why are the times out of order? That's weird.

With the pictures you've shown, it's clear that you should not have been slain. With something like this, I don't see @Stingray being demoted, but rather told that it's important to read logs carefully. I think taking two slays was a decent gesture, and did serve a purpose. It's not worthless. He tried to wrong the right, you just didn't want to accept it.

Thanks for the report.

RE: Stingray False Slay - Stingray - 05-15-2018

(05-15-2018, 09:57 PM)EpicGuy Wrote: Why are the times out of order? That's weird.

With the pictures you've shown, it's clear that you should not have been slain. With something like this, I don't see @Stingray being demoted, but rather told that it's important to read logs carefully. I think taking two slays was a decent gesture, and did serve a purpose. It's not worthless. He tried to wrong the right, you just didn't want to accept it.

Thanks for the report.

I missread a log after doing a bit of research and its practically the only thing ive done wrong in the 1.5 years ive been trusted. I tried to consult you before slaying but you were afk then came back halfway through the round. I offered 50000 reward and 2 slays. Im not used to investigating dna was a simply mistake and realistically took away 2 min of your play time IF you didnt get killed being afk for 2 and a half minutes. I am sorry and have already said such.

RE: Stingray False Slay - ReThink - 05-15-2018

(05-15-2018, 09:57 PM)EpicGuy Wrote: Why are the times out of order? That's weird.

Thanks for the report.

I sorted by playername so as to group everything I did together for one screenshot (for easy reading).

I mean, it wouldn't really be "righting" anything; then you'd just have 2 people unnecessarily slain. That's why I couldn't accept that, it didn't make sense.

Slays are for gameplay mistakes, these threads are for mod issues.

EDIT:
(05-15-2018, 10:20 PM)Stingray Wrote:

Thanks for the report.

I missread a log after doing a bit of research and its practically the only thing ive done wrong in the 1.5 years ive been trusted. I tried to consult you before slaying but you were afk then came back halfway through the round. I offered 50000 reward and 2 slays. Im not used to investigating dna was a simply mistake and realistically took away 2 min of your play time IF you didnt get killed being afk for 2 and a half minutes. I am sorry and have already said such.

Uh what? I was AFK while I was slain (as shown in my screenshot) , so how could I be killed for AFK if I was already dead? And I was only AFK because I was gathering data for this thread in the first place.
Also it wasn't just DNA, if you had actually checked my kills that round you would have seen all T's. So it's not just DNA, it's simply not putting enough effort into figuring out what went on. It's frustrating trying to go for a win and then being randomly slain for reporting someone who did something wrong.

I also don't take "rewards" for other people doing things wrong. And yeah "it's just a mistake". But you have mod powers. That's serious shit that's not to be taken lightly.

I understand you're sorry, and I accept your apology. This needed to be reported in either case.

(05-15-2018, 10:22 PM)ReThink Wrote:

Thanks for the report.

I sorted by playername so as to group everything I did together for one screenshot (for easy reading).

I mean, it wouldn't really be "righting" anything; then you'd just have 2 people unnecessarily slain. That's why I couldn't accept that, it didn't make sense.

Slays are for gameplay mistakes, these threads are for mod issues.

2 people unnessesarily slain your funny... and you said it mod issues... I tried to correct my overly simple mistake while modding a full server alone... ;)

RE: Stingray False Slay - Meez - 05-15-2018

ReThink could you bully me instead? N-not that I want you to or anything b a k a

(05-15-2018, 10:28 PM)Stingray Wrote: 2 people unnessesarily slain your funny... and you said it mod issues...

I literally don't even know what you're trying to say right now. Speak properly or not at all.

(05-15-2018, 10:30 PM)ReThink Wrote:
(05-15-2018, 10:28 PM)Stingray Wrote: 2 people unnessesarily slain your funny... and you said it mod issues...

I literally don't even know what you're trying to say right now. Speak properly or not at all.

This whole thing is dumb and its not worth getting into you about anyone reading this can understand what i am saying. You wont accept not being the righteous victom ive stated my piece and im done with this cancer.

RE: Stingray False Slay - Luke Warm HotDog Water - 05-15-2018

i think we can come to the conclusion that rethink its just a negative person and the best thing to do is let upper mods handle it. Every time i come into contact with rethink i have a bad expereince, i guess its just because hes so much smarter than me! let an upper mod handle it. rethink knows best, but mods have authority.

(05-15-2018, 10:38 PM)Stingray Wrote: This whole thing is dumb
You got something right

(05-15-2018, 10:38 PM)Stingray Wrote: im done with this cancer.
Probably not until an upper staff has some input, though I'm not sure. I've never had to report a staff member before.

(05-15-2018, 10:42 PM)Luke Warm HotDog Water Wrote: Every time i come into contact with rethink i have a bad expereince,

I wonder why

(That's a link, just so you're aware).
Also stay on topic or stay out of the thread.