Dinkleberg's GMod
TTT Updates - Printable Version

+- Dinkleberg's GMod (https://www.dinklebergsgmod.com/site)
+-- Forum: Core (https://www.dinklebergsgmod.com/site/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: News and Announcements (https://www.dinklebergsgmod.com/site/forumdisplay.php?fid=21)
+--- Thread: TTT Updates (/showthread.php?tid=4631)

Pages: 1 2

TTT Updates - Dinkleberg >:( - 06-18-2018

Hello everybody!

Hope everyone is having a great summer so far. Just a few things I wanted to announce to TTT regarding staff and server changes:

Firstly, many of you noticed that we no longer have Dakody as our co-owner on TTT. This was a very hard decision for me to make, and one that I did not want to make a huge deal out of. Dakody has done a lot of good for this server in his time here, and I did not want talk of his 'demotion' to take away from that. Unfortunately, our heads collided on a lot of server administration issues, which led to some problems. I simply have decided that I want to run my servers in a different way than what was going on at the time. Along that same note, I've just decided to do away with the co-owner rank in general. They really didn't have much more power than admins did. I'll likely give admins power to promote to trusted, but need to figure out how it would be logged first, and also gotta figure out how to only let them promote to specific groups.

The rest of this post pertains to some recent complaints I've heard that I tried to fix:

-I installed a hit detection addon a few days ago that should greatly improve hit registration on the server. Give me some feedback, let me know if you think it's better. 

-I was told the Bullshite was still pretty OP in that it could cross-map people with relative ease, so I decreased the accuracy of the weapon a bit. Let me know if you think its still too good. Like I've said before, I want it to still be good and very effective, but also fair.

RE: TTT Updates - WAX | Hillrop - 06-18-2018

always appreciate these update posts! thanks dink!

RE: TTT Updates - Traitor Plays - 06-18-2018

My only question is why only to trusted? there have been times where people havent been promoted after their staff apps got accepted for weeks. (mainly mod apps)

RE: TTT Updates - Dinkleberg >:( - 06-18-2018

(06-18-2018, 11:40 AM)Traitor Wrote: My only question is why only to trusted? there have been times where people havent been promoted after their staff apps got accepted for weeks. (mainly mod apps)

I'd rather hold the power to promote to any ban-capable rank. I can do this easily through rcon while the person is on the server.

RE: TTT Updates - ItzParzvial - 06-18-2018

Then why not to tmod is the same as trusted.

RE: TTT Updates - Linfalas - 06-18-2018

I agree with Kota and Traitor, Atleast give the admins up to Trial Mods the least they can do

RE: TTT Updates - Deadpoolz - 06-18-2018

I agree. Trusted to tmod seems fine since they are pretty much the same.

But anyway, thank you for making this post.

RE: TTT Updates - matt_st3 (Strongrule) - 06-18-2018

RIP revolver - nerfed after the nerf

RE: TTT Updates - ExiledShadows - 06-18-2018

(06-18-2018, 10:55 AM)Dinkleberg > Wrote: Hello everybody!

Hope everyone is having a great summer so far. Just a few things I wanted to announce to TTT regarding staff and server changes:

Firstly, many of you noticed that we no longer have Dakody as our co-owner on TTT. This was a very hard decision for me to make, and one that I did not want to make a huge deal out of. Dakody has done a lot of good for this server in his time here, and I did not want talk of his 'demotion' to take away from that. Unfortunately, our heads collided on a lot of server administration issues, which led to some problems. I simply have decided that I want to run my servers in a different way than what was going on at the time. Along that same note, I've just decided to do away with the co-owner rank in general. They really didn't have much more power than admins did. I'll likely give admins power to promote to trusted, but need to figure out how it would be logged first, and also gotta figure out how to only let them promote to specific groups.

The rest of this post pertains to some recent complaints I've heard that I tried to fix:

-I installed a hit detection addon a few days ago that should greatly improve hit registration on the server. Give me some feedback, let me know if you think it's better. 

-I was told the Bullshite was still pretty OP in that it could cross-map people with relative ease, so I decreased the accuracy of the weapon a bit. Let me know if you think its still too good. Like I've said before, I want it to still be good and very effective, but also fair.

I still can't help but notice the lack of attention the shotgun got here. It's a step in the right direction though, and I'll take it don't get me wrong I like it, but I shouldn't have 15 damage done to me from across the pool in Community Pool 2017 per shot. It feels like every time updates are made and the shotgun nerf does not happen it's a step backwards. That's just me though. I can't speak for all of us because people like using a crutch weapon.

RE: TTT Updates - The Dutch Problem - 06-18-2018

Honestly I believe that the shotgun should recieve somewhat of a hard nerf concerning its rather redicilous damage output... Yes its a weapon for CQC but we all know its effectiveness on short-medium range where if you miss a few shots *Wich should matter less with the hit detection update mind you* you'll get destroyed by a guy just aiming at the torso area while you've gotta aim with your *Name Assault Rifle/SMG/Pistol* to the head to have a chance at out-damaging it.

Yes, I am not the worlds leading expert concerning weapon balance, so what I'm saying may be a real over-nerf, just keep that in mind.

The damage output currently is (Per pellet, shotgun fires 8 of them):
Limbs: 11
Torso: 22
Head: 44

My suggestion in balancing its damage output would be:
Limbs: 7
Torso: 15
Head: 22

This would significantly reduce its IMO stupid damage output while still remaining a capable CQC weapon. Yes the one-shots will still be a thing but on a bit longer range you'll have a much higher chance of fighting back. Potentially slightly increase its spread to return the short-medium to medium range combat crown to the SMG's and Assault Rifles.