Dinkleberg's GMod
Killing someone for KOS - Printable Version

+- Dinkleberg's GMod (https://www.dinklebergsgmod.com/site)
+-- Forum: Trouble in Terrorist Town (https://www.dinklebergsgmod.com/site/forumdisplay.php?fid=3)
+--- Forum: TTT Suggestions & Help (https://www.dinklebergsgmod.com/site/forumdisplay.php?fid=6)
+--- Thread: Killing someone for KOS (/showthread.php?tid=8282)

Pages: 1 2

Killing someone for KOS - Seadub - 06-21-2019

So even though I can't find it explicitly stated in the rules, it's pretty much accepted that you can kill someone for False KOSing you.

However, what happens when someone RDMs or propkills someone and gets KOSed for it?

I understand that anyone can defend themselves from someone attacking them, but for KOSing them for a valid reason (killing someone), even if they are innocent? Are they allowed to seek out the person who called it out and kill them?

Here's the situation:

>Someone intentionally propkilled somebody.

>I called a KOS on them, but didn't attack them.

>The person I called out proceeds to find me and start attacking me for KOSing them.

This seems whack to me. Is this reasonable? (Person was innocent)

If so, does this mean that any individual who RDMs someone is justified in defending themselves against everyone who calls a KOS on them for it? That it wouldn't be mass RDM, just one RDM even if they kill ten people who call a KOS on them without initiating an attack?

Just seems confusing to me, and I would think that if someone randomly kills someone, they're at fault if they proceed to go seek out and randomly kill other people who haven't attacked them.

I would recommend adding "Calling a KOS on you" in the rules under valid reasons to call a KOS in the rules if this is the case, then. Because right now there isn't any rule for calling a KOS on you, only "Calling a KOS on someone who is proven Innocent and not a Detective." Especially since there is another section stating

"2. Do Not False KOS

Calling a KOS for a reason other than those shown at the bottom of this page is a false KOS."

As calling someone out for prop killing someone is not a false KOS.

Please refrain from commenting unless you have an explanation or something to add. I don't intend for this to turn into yet another argument post, I just want a clarification.

Thanks!

RE: Killing someone for KOS - Dummy Thicc Noodle Lady - 06-21-2019

You can defend yourself against a kos. Do you have any common sense or is it just empty space?

RE: Killing someone for KOS - Seadub - 06-21-2019

(06-21-2019, 02:31 PM)JustKuono Wrote: You can defend yourself against a kos. Do you have any common sense or is it just empty space?

Very nice way to respond, thanks. Can you show me which rule says that?

RE: Killing someone for KOS - Raider Hanks - 06-21-2019

It is common self defense. If someone shoots you, you can kill them. If someone koses you, you can kill them. If someone koses me, i'm not going to just sit there and let myself die...i'm going to kill whoever kosed me.

That would be great and make total sense, except the rules state that you can kill someone for damaging innocents, but not for KOSing you. Seems like common sense sure, but in a situation where someone RDMs someone and proceeds to continue to find and kill anyone who calls it out and who doesn't attack them, as stated above, can you not see how normally they would be punished for multiple RDMs?

RE: Killing someone for KOS - Raider Hanks - 06-21-2019

I can see the fault in this and understand the need for why we need yet another warning label, gracias for your concern.

RE: Killing someone for KOS - Dummy Thicc Noodle Lady - 06-21-2019

(06-21-2019, 02:34 PM)Connar Wrote:
(06-21-2019, 02:31 PM)JustKuono Wrote: You can defend yourself against a kos. Do you have any common sense or is it just empty space?

Very nice way to respond, thanks. Can you show me which rule says that?
I mean, it is common sense. Just asked if you had any. You know, defense should have been one of the first things you learned when you came this server. The rest of us know it, why don't you?

RE: Killing someone for KOS - Hani - 06-21-2019

It has always been common knowledge among..... a lot of us that you're allowed to kill who ever koses you no matter the circumstances. 
Having a kos called on you will result in your death usually- so it doesn't matter if you didn't shoot at them. You're still going to be the cause of their death, he can defend himself from that death sentence you call out.

Okay, makes sense. Just strange because in the hypothetical situation I described, I'm sure that person would be slain for multiple counts of RDM rather than just the first one.

I also find it strange that "damaging innocents" is explicitly stated in the rules, as if that isn't common sense, but this isn't. But alrighty, that's all good, I just said that I would recommend adding it to the list if you agreed that was the case. Thread can be locked before Kuono gets any more bitter on a thread that I specifically asked people not to be.

RE: Killing someone for KOS - Cespedes - 06-21-2019

His whole issue is that it isn’t stated in the rules. I get that. But the rules don’t specify every single scenario possible in TTT.

Also since you want to cite the motd:

“TTT Rules:

Note that the punishments below are general guidelines that should be followed in most situations, but staff may issue punishment with some discretion depending on the context of a situation.

Aka, common sense