Dinkleberg's GMod
Rule 17 - Printable Version

+- Dinkleberg's GMod (https://www.dinklebergsgmod.com/site)
+-- Forum: Prop Hunt (https://www.dinklebergsgmod.com/site/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+--- Forum: PH Suggestions & Help (https://www.dinklebergsgmod.com/site/forumdisplay.php?fid=11)
+--- Thread: Rule 17 (/showthread.php?tid=8653)

Pages: 1 2 3

Rule 17 - LexiFox - 07-25-2019

I have recently come back from a 6 month break saw that rule 17 had been added to the list. 

Do not Rob Players of a Kill

This is unfair to players, and is no longer allowed. This include kill binding as a prop to avoid a death by a hunter.
  • This includes killing yourself by explosive barrels

• This includes killing yourself by gravity

• This includes killing yourself by squishing yourself intentionally.

Does this mean we cannot kill bind at all as a prop? 

When I play and I cant get into one of my spots I will just say screw it and kill bind before the hunters are let out, I have to go afk I will kill bind before I walk away for a few min. 

I had heard that it annoys some people when you kill bind as a prop at all I was just looking for some clarity on the topic.

RE: Rule 17 - Dummy Thicc Noodle Lady - 07-25-2019

We had an issue where props would kill bind while hunters were chasing them to keep from allowing hunters to get kills.

RE: Rule 17 - TheUltraFish - 07-25-2019

On multiple occasions, this has been used as self advancement because if the player kill binds, the hunters team cannot get the kill that would have come from not getting to your spot in time, or at least not the spot that you wanted. This was noticed after several players were caught doing this to try and win the maps with having the most kills and therefore getting more kills than other hunters not because they were better, but because they made the amount of points possible, get diminished as it became more popular.

Asking people to not to for those reasons apparently was not enough so we had to step up and make the act an official rule. Accidentally we all can understand, as gravity is one of the most lethal players of the game, but there is no reason why you should to kill yourself especially if you are just going afk anyways. If you are going afk, you will be killed anyways so killing yourself would just be taking a kill from someone else. This was mainly directed to seasoned players during the same time when people decided it was also okay to hide only showing a pixel of themselves in a legal spot. This and several people just kill binding alienated the newer members of this ever-evolving community and made the game more one sided with impossible prop hiding spots or them just killing themselves because it is more convenient.

Sometimes, the most entertaining moments of prop hunt is a prop running around and making a great chase scene to either participate in or to watch as a prop or hunter.

To summarize, to do not kill bind especially as a prop, it is seen as an unnecessary jerk move and even though it may be convenient for you, if many or everyone did it, then the game would become quite dull quickly.

RE: Rule 17 - happy - 07-25-2019

Then I'd recommend making that clear in the rule because i was under the impression if no one is chasing me i could kill bind if i wanted

RE: Rule 17 - LexiFox - 07-25-2019

(07-25-2019, 01:59 PM)TheUltraFish Wrote: On multiple occasions, this has been used as self advancement because if the player kill binds, the hunters team cannot get the kill that would have come from not getting to your spot in time, or at least not the spot that you wanted. This was noticed after several players were caught doing this to try and win the maps with having the most kills and therefore getting more kills than other hunters not because they were better, but because they made the amount of points possible, get diminished as it became more popular.

Asking people to not to for those reasons apparently was not enough so we had to step up and make the act an official rule. Accidentally we all can understand, as gravity is one of the most lethal players of the game, but there is no reason why you should to kill yourself especially if you are just going afk anyways. If you are going afk, you will be killed anyways so killing yourself would just be taking a kill from someone else. This was mainly directed to seasoned players during the same time when people decided it was also okay to hide only showing a pixel of themselves in a legal spot. This and several people just kill binding alienated the newer members of this ever-evolving community and made the game more one sided with impossible prop hiding spots or them just killing themselves because it is more convenient.

Sometimes, the most entertaining moments of prop hunt is a prop running around and making a great chase scene to either participate in or to watch as a prop or hunter.

To summarize, to do not kill bind especially as a prop, it is seen as an unnecessary jerk move and even though it may be convenient for you, if many or everyone did it, then the game would become quite dull quickly.

Basically what what you are saying it is now considered illegal to kill bind as a prop regardless of any situation because "its a jerk move" and that there are no exceptions to the rule.

RE: Rule 17 - TheUltraFish - 07-25-2019

(07-25-2019, 02:46 PM)[test] Cake Wrote:
(07-25-2019, 01:59 PM)TheUltraFish Wrote: On multiple occasions, this has been used as self advancement because if the player kill binds, the hunters team cannot get the kill that would have come from not getting to your spot in time, or at least not the spot that you wanted. This was noticed after several players were caught doing this to try and win the maps with having the most kills and therefore getting more kills than other hunters not because they were better, but because they made the amount of points possible, get diminished as it became more popular.

Basically what what you are saying it is now considered illegal to kill bind as a prop regardless of any situation because "its a jerk move" and that there are no exceptions to the rule.

In the long term, it provides an unfair advantage over time to the person doing the kill binding and why kill bind if you are just going afk anyways just because you did not get the spot you originally wanted?

RE: Rule 17 - Abdel - 07-25-2019

I don't see a problem with this rule. I was one of the ones that was doing this before and it was nasty of me but it was funny to me. Many others were mad I did it. I don't see a big problem with the whole not kill binding thing. If I need to afk, I can just leave and rejoin, or let them have me as a Tman. If I get mad that I didn't make it to my spot, I either die to gravity cause I did it wrong or I try to my best of my ability to humiliate someone by juking them. Kill binding as a prop, there's no need really, I did it for the fun of it. Sometimes we gotta adapt and make sure the way we play doesn't hinder others experiences. Love you cake

RE: Rule 17 - §6SEMBER_UNO - 07-25-2019

Killing yourself with an exploding barrel will not only rob a hunter of a kill but also add a kill to YOUR score even as a prop.

RE: Rule 17 - Lt. Star - 07-25-2019

So this post is not about whether or not the rule should be here. It is about getting a definitive answer to whether or not a kill bind should be used at all as a prop. All that is needed is a clarification to the rule.

RE: Rule 17 - LexiFox - 07-25-2019

I have no issue with following the rules given I just wanted clarification and definitive yes or no an whither it is completely illegal to kill bind as a prop regardless of the situation. 

I could not care less if I am no longer aloud to kill bind as a prop I just asked for clarification so I could follow the rules to the best of my ability so I can have fun and not get in trouble. :)