Dinkleberg's GMod
The REAL Problem. - Printable Version

+- Dinkleberg's GMod (https://www.dinklebergsgmod.com/site)
+-- Forum: Community (https://www.dinklebergsgmod.com/site/forumdisplay.php?fid=5)
+--- Forum: Community Discussion (https://www.dinklebergsgmod.com/site/forumdisplay.php?fid=17)
+--- Thread: The REAL Problem. (/showthread.php?tid=8989)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9

RE: The REAL Problem. - Foxka - 08-29-2019

Honestly the whole post from queef had me thinnk that you guys are just trying to save face because at least now, you know you messed up. I don't buy that the bans were purposefully "indefinite". You still haven't even said a word on Tdawg on why he was banned other than he had a SINGLE PRIVATE discord message where he had negative opinions on some of the people here. It's honestly just sad, I really hate what has happened to this community.

That being said,
[Image: tenor.gif?itemid=10720462]

RE: The REAL Problem. - Zoreo - 08-29-2019

(08-29-2019, 05:05 PM)dong Wrote: I’ve held my tongue for far too long on this shitutation. You don’t feel right exposing people who were included in the evidence that the public hasn’t seen, yet you’re more than comfortable linking screenshots of conversations that were held in a private discord. If you all got rid of your “problem” why not go ahead and reveal these screenshots and further evidence to back your punishments? The “harassers” are gone now, you have nothing to fear. What are they gonna do? Pm them on discord and ask why they said that? Or blow up on them? Either way it has no effect on the server. You have no reason to withhold from showing US, the community, the full evidence. This isn’t a damn court case for pete’s sake. And whoever said I shouldn’t be staff i don’t give a flying shit about who it is, won’t pounce on them, would just like to know who and take into consideration as to why they might not like me. I’m honestly surprised you all didn’t ban me, TDawg shouldn’t have been banned, and since he did there was no reason to not ban me. Bottom line is you all lost very very valuable members of this community, and I hope you realize that. Even if they were in the party of those who got banned, or resigned staff members. You all legitimately fucked up. I’m glad you somewhat realize that.

Anything you plan on posting to further explain your reasoning will also be no help. You should’ve done it to begin with. You should have at least gave a warning and demotion to most of the people who were involved. A flat out permanent community ban is outright stupid. I’m sick and tired of people trying to rationalize their fuck-ups when they’re missing the complete point that was being made by people who were against their decision.

That ends my rant, I don’t care anymore. The damage is done. Hope this community continues to go on, but for me I’m done. The love I once had is no longer there. I can’t even bare to check the forums anymore. You all wiped out mostly everything that was good, hope you realize that. Have a good day

With the pitchforks and torches everyone in the forums came at the admins with, do you rally blame them for not supplying the full evidence? Yes the "harassers" are gone, but the community (me included in this btw) has shown that we all have the ability to get toxic and go after people. I'm not saying that those people who were harassed would be lynched by the community, but they would probably still have problems with other players.

RE: The REAL Problem. - lacer - 08-29-2019

(08-29-2019, 05:30 PM)killerZoreo Wrote:
(08-29-2019, 05:05 PM)dong Wrote: I’ve held my tongue for far too long on this shitutation. You don’t feel right exposing people who were included in the evidence that the public hasn’t seen, yet you’re more than comfortable linking screenshots of conversations that were held in a private discord. If you all got rid of your “problem” why not go ahead and reveal these screenshots and further evidence to back your punishments? The “harassers” are gone now, you have nothing to fear. What are they gonna do? Pm them on discord and ask why they said that? Or blow up on them? Either way it has no effect on the server. You have no reason to withhold from showing US, the community, the full evidence. This isn’t a damn court case for pete’s sake. And whoever said I shouldn’t be staff i don’t give a flying shit about who it is, won’t pounce on them, would just like to know who and take into consideration as to why they might not like me. I’m honestly surprised you all didn’t ban me, TDawg shouldn’t have been banned, and since he did there was no reason to not ban me. Bottom line is you all lost very very valuable members of this community, and I hope you realize that. Even if they were in the party of those who got banned, or resigned staff members. You all legitimately fucked up. I’m glad you somewhat realize that.

Anything you plan on posting to further explain your reasoning will also be no help. You should’ve done it to begin with. You should have at least gave a warning and demotion to most of the people who were involved. A flat out permanent community ban is outright stupid. I’m sick and tired of people trying to rationalize their fuck-ups when they’re missing the complete point that was being made by people who were against their decision.

That ends my rant, I don’t care anymore. The damage is done. Hope this community continues to go on, but for me I’m done. The love I once had is no longer there. I can’t even bare to check the forums anymore. You all wiped out mostly everything that was good, hope you realize that. Have a good day

With the pitchforks and torches everyone in the forums came at the admins with, do you rally blame them for not supplying the full evidence? Yes the "harassers" are gone, but the community (me included in this btw) has shown that we all have the ability to get toxic and go after people. I'm not saying that those people who were harassed would be lynched by the community, but they would probably still have problems with other players.

Are we wrong in coming to the forums with pitchforks and torches considering the godawful way this situation was handled?

Just so I'm not forum banned, I am not in any way attacking killerZoreo, his character, his opinion, or anything else. I have to say this every time I respond to someone now.

Having this mentality is exactly proving that this community ban is pointless and does not solve the "problems" it was supposedly caused by

RE: The REAL Problem. - Seeker - 08-29-2019

With the threat of being banned for what looks like little to no evidence, even so much as having a different opinion in private among some friends and popular/well liked staff resigning in droves and leaving along with players, there's almost nothing to lose at this point. And with some actually taking the advice to "go and make your own server," why shouldn't some of these guys come "REEEING out of the swamp" demanding answers?

I'm not saying it's right, but I mean what did they expect?

And then, there's this back pedal.

RE: The REAL Problem. - Raider Hanks - 08-29-2019

Guess I need to be the next one stepping out

RE: The REAL Problem. - happy - 08-29-2019

(08-29-2019, 05:42 PM)Seeker Wrote:

With the threat of being banned for what looks like little to no evidence, even so much as having a different opinion in private among some friends and popular/well liked staff resigning in droves and leaving along with players, there's almost nothing to lose at this point. And with some actually taking the advice to "go and make your own server," why shouldn't some of these guys come "REEEING out of the swamp" demanding answers?

To my understanding people were already throwing around the idea of making their own server even before people were banned. One of the screenshots shown was wild saying he would steal staff from here if someone did. (whoever it was was never shown)

RE: The REAL Problem. - Scoovie - 08-29-2019

The logic that all of them should be blanket banned for "reasons(the can't be shared kind apparently)," association/being friends, and comments from a separate discord is ridiculous. It would be one thing if they were making memes of community members like certain people were doing to rippe back in the day, but wild for an example had a negative opinion of dink and he's classified as part of a "toxic hivemind" and needs to be banned? But people who have been problems for years are still here/been unbanned.

The evidence provided was taken from a PRIVATE discord and out of context and used to make people look bad over weeks-months, which would make anyone look bad. If the "problem" has been solved there should be no reason not to post ALL of the evidence. If people are to scared to share their evidence on an online forum how will they do it in real life?

Saying that 4 admins coming to a unanimous vote based on evidence that can't be shared and that we should trust that they came to the right decision has been proven in the past not to mean anything, like for example when Dakody and the admins at the time banned fozzy for hacking, they were proven very wrong. From what I hear jaun and dakota weren't apart of this decision and that gabe wanted to wait. And as far as I know no one was approached and told to stop by the admins.

This was clearly not thought out all the way or it would have been done in a much better manner, everything would have been laid out individually on a case by case basis. This just feels like it was done in a hurry and "to get it done" and hope no one notices. Which is clearly shown by the backpedaling and damage control that is being done after the fact.

Talking shit in private discords is allowed as shown below.

https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/601450880516227097/616782359127261253/Capture.PNG

(08-29-2019, 06:24 PM)happy Wrote:
(08-29-2019, 05:42 PM)Seeker Wrote:

To my understanding people were already throwing around the idea of making their own server even before people were banned. One of the screenshots shown was wild saying he would steal staff from here if someone did. (whoever it was was never shown)
This is the biggest issue. I'm not blaming you specifically, but the thing is that a majority of the evidence shown to you guys are screenshots completely provided without context. Being in the discord at the time I can positively guarantee that those statements were said as a joke. 

Further, I dont know who told you that anyone was making thier own server because that was just completely and blatant misinformation. Again, being one of the friends of the people involved in this ban wave, most of the screenshots provide a manipulative narrative and that is why there is such a negative response to the bannings.

I really do wish people would be more open minded about this truly coming out of nowhere from someone sneaking around in private discords.

RE: The REAL Problem. - donkeyskin1 - 08-29-2019

Regardless of your outlook on the situation it is obvious this is not a useful thread any longer. When things are less heated this thread may be reopened.