Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
help im being peer pressured into trying to help the community
What name do you usually go by on the server? 
bunniey

What is your Discord account username?
bunniey

What is your Discord ID? (how to find your ID)

When did you join the discord? (found under "member since" on your server profile)
11/27/2019 is my first message

Are you 18 years of age or older?
Yes

What staff position are you applying for?
Helper

Do you have any unexpired discord infractions? If so, please explain why.
Nope

Have you received any punishments in any of the GMod servers or forums within the past 12 months? If so, please explain why.
Last 12 months, no 

What made you decide to apply?
I am being blackmailed by Les. Or was just asked if I was going to throw my hat in and I figured I would for at least as long as it's shortstaffed. (this is just what made me decide to apply and does not reflect my wants in applying, I truly hadn't thought about it really until it was brought up)

What do you plan to do to help the Discord community?
Oh lord so much, as evidenced in a few posts on here recently. The discord and forums are the main places I'd want to focus on in any endeavors to try to improve the community as a whole. Biggest things will always just be monitoring for times where someone needs to step in to kill bad arguments before they turn into bitter back and forths. We stan healthy communication. Communicate often, communicate effectively, all that jazz, and I think cultivating that starts in the moderation. Plus keeping the nasty stuff away from the general populace is always a plus, should it continue to come up (it will, always). Then of course the things that don't require a role but help me with the motivation to actually do it, events and all that are just easier as staff, but that's not really much of the reason, just convenience. 

Anything else to add?
Biggest criticism will be my tendency to entirely ignore the discord, as well as my recent resignation from TTT. My entire reason for resigning from TTT was that I wasn't getting on the game as much, so it made no sense to keep the role, but for Discord...well I'm always on Discord, just paying more attention to DMs and checking dinks like once a day. Just a small adjustment in that is all that's needed there, I don't think it's toooooo much of an issue, but would understand the criticism. I also do have Discord/other server bans in my record, which 90% of the people reading this will already know about. Information available on request, as I don't think it's as relevant anymore (and, again, is already known about by almost everyone who uses the forums consistently)
[Image: TWQlDjL.png] 
-courtesy of a sarcastic fish

[Image: t2X0SiD.png]
-courtesy of milk(2)
Rand, you know I'm always a supporter of yours.
You were once a discord staff that was well respected before you resigned from that.

That being said you also resigned because your were 'jaded at the community.' I know things got hella heated with recent drama but I'm somewhat concerned whether you are really wanting to stick around.

I trust you fully in this role and have no issues with anything from your past that hasn't been resolved, and I trust that you will think long and hard about whether you really want to stick around.

Assuming this is something you want, I'm a +1
[Image: dan_ceebeast_gif.gif]

Discord Admin - April 2021 - March 2023
TTT Moderator - February 2021 - March 2023
Join our discord: discord.gg/dinks
(05-06-2024, 09:33 PM)Jammin Wrote: Rand, you know I'm always a supporter of yours.
You were once a discord staff that was well respected before you resigned from that.

That being said you also resigned because your were 'jaded at the community.' I know things got hella heated with recent drama but I'm somewhat concerned whether you are really wanting to stick around.

I trust you fully in this role and have no issues with anything from your past that hasn't been resolved, and I trust that you will think long and hard about whether you really want to stick around.

Assuming this is something you want, I'm a +1
Yeah shortly after that I had a change of heart. That feeling came in large part with trying to stay away from the drama as a whole as it felt awkward saying anything because I was basically on and against both sides of the argument, but decided to just not care about that and do my own thing, as it were. I definitely am wanting to stick around, and am wanting to do some pretty big things longterm if I do stick it out. Also a large part of feeling that jaded was getting TTT staff back then...just not feeling TTT at all. But discord is always good I like discord I don't generally get tired of that.

-courtesy of milk(2)
(05-06-2024, 09:40 PM)bunniey Wrote:
(05-06-2024, 09:33 PM)Jammin Wrote: snip
Yeah shortly after that I had a change of heart. That feeling came in large part with trying to stay away from the drama as a whole as it felt awkward saying anything because I was basically on and against both sides of the argument, but decided to just not care about that and do my own thing, as it were. I definitely am wanting to stick around, and am wanting to do some pretty big things longterm if I do stick it out. Also a large part of feeling that jaded was getting TTT staff back then...just not feeling TTT at all. But discord is always good I like discord I don't generally get tired of that.
You and me both buddy.... 1+ to this. Rand can handle this.
Posts on here as of late have shown Rand to be trustworthy, and have incredible judgment in the most intense situations. +1
[Image: frieren-fall-winter.jpeg]
uhhhh i aint readin allat but +1
my gragas is crazy, +1.
+1 Rand is always a W staff member
[Image: J6yUs0g]
my name is rand, not in a band, I got that heat, I can't be beat

there's some bars for the next time someone asks you to freestyle. ur welcome

anyways. +1 obviously rand is good staff wherever he may staff
[Image: kirby.gif]
This thread also serves as another league tournament announcement, everyone grab a friend (unless you wanna be a team captain thing)

Captains will each choose two duos (singles will get paired up with someone) and yeah
Round Robin unless I get enough teams
Each winner gets a 25 money gift card to wherever they wa(mazon)nt

-courtesy of milk(2)